473,544 Members | 439 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Latest Bytes Forum

Support forums for various IT topics. Programming languages, databases, systems, applications and more. Subscribe to a community, participate, ask, share your expertise and network.

thread by: poff | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Nikolai Chuvakhin
I have written a forum and am using the following query to search in it: $query="select topics.tid,f_messages.messid from f_messages left join topics on f_messages.tid = topics.tid where ($title_list) OR ($msg_list)"; I trimmed it a bit to save space here (the last two are just strings). It works fine, but it's returning more than once...
thread by: Quinten Carlson | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Quinten Carlson
Is there a way to conditionally define a function in php? I'm trying to run a php page 10 times using the include statement, but I get an error because my function is already defined. The docs state that a function cannot be undefined and adding "exit" to the included page doesn't free it up either. Any suggestions? B44CCD21
thread by: ME | last post Jul 16 '05 by: ME
Just thought I would post a solution (temporary at best, but a solution at least.) for all those using PostNuke who have upgraded MySql to 4.1. I have had problems with PostNuke logging into MySql after upgrading to MySql 4.1. I received the message: "Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server. Consider upgrading...
thread by: lawrence | last post Jul 16 '05 by: lawrence
Those of you with backgrounds with the C language will laugh at my mistake, but those of you, like myself, who deal mostly with PHP should be warned about passing variables as references - debugging then requires a whole new mindset. I've a cms written in procedural style that I've been converting to OOP. It is important to always pass...
thread by: Drazen Gemic | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Drazen Gemic
Is there a way to extend PHP features, like adding new database connectivity module, java interoperability etc. without recompiling PHP ? I need a UNIX/Linux solution, something like dropping .so file in certain directory. I am not a hobbist, and I do not have root priviledge at my customers site. My customers are not always capable to...
thread by: James Sleeman | last post Jul 16 '05 by: JVlad
Hi all, I'm trying to find a performance problem I've got in a reasonably large system I'm writing. Anyway, I've had a look around at the offerings for profiling php requests... xdebug : seems to make my requests just hit the 30 sec timeout all the time. apd : segfaults every time I make a request dbg : no front-end for linux (I looked...
thread by: Vedran F. | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Vedran F.
"When a php file is saved in utf-8 format with the UTF-8 BOM as the first three bytes of the file (EF BB BF), PHP doesn't ignore these bytes when loading and compiling the file, but instead considers them output coming prior to the <?php. This causes incorrect display of the page and failure of any http header output." I have this problem,...
thread by: Chris Mosser | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Chris Mosser
my server is somehow configured to not show any errors what so ever. I have tried the following 2 lines to no avail in my test script: error_reporting(E_ALL); ini_set ('error_reporting', E_ALL); all I get is a blank page when there is an error thnx
thread by: JW | last post Jul 16 '05 by: JW
I have a directory protected with .htaccess / .htpasswd. After I'm validated, I run a php script which bombs out when trying to write a file to that directory. If I chmod 777 on the directory (default was 755) then everything works ok. So apparently, the script is running under a different security context even though it's being run via my...
thread by: JDJones | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Randell D.
I'm using the following to generate a random quote on a PHP page and it works fine: <?php $quotes = 'quote #1'; $quotes = 'quote #2'; $quotes = 'quote #3'; $quotes = 'etc...'; srand ((double) microtime() * 1000000);
thread by: fartsniff | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Adams-Blake Co.
hey all. for a small website, based off of phpnuke. running on a 2.4 down / 512 up cable connection, doing medium traffic. is it worth encoding the site using zend safeguard suite ? overall, for speed and security reasons, about 75% speed issues, 25% security of the code. thanks.
thread by: eric | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Randell D.
Greetings! A dumb question I'm sure. :8 The manuals say GD (along with others) is built into the latest version of PHP. When I go to configure PHP do I have to explicitly state --with-gd or is it automatic?
thread by: Richard White | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Gary Petersen
Hi, I've got a localhost (ie. my PC) installation of Apache MySQL WinXP-Pro and I'm trying to get the MySQL administration program {phpMyAdmin} to run.
thread by: john Q | last post Jul 16 '05 by: john Q
I found a PHP based email obfuscator for use in websites, where the source HTML (PHP, actually) file doesn't contain the actual email address in the Mailto tag, but generates it and that generated page (containing a full and conventional Mailto: tag) is what is ultimately presented to the user. The intent is to thwart Spam bots and...
thread by: Mr.Bogi | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Mr.Bogi
Is anyone aware of an open source report generation library for php/mysql? Basically a freeware/opensource alternative to Crystal Reports. thanks
thread by: Nick | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Nick
Im trying to build an array from elements I have stored in a text file (So I can access them on multiple pages). What is the syntax for this? I thought it might be... storedArray1 = array(require_once("/arrays/stored_array_1.txt")); or storedArray1 = array(include("/arrays/stored_array_1.txt"));
thread by: Adams-Blake Co. | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Adams-Blake Co.
In table is record, field called CompanyName that has: Joe\'s Place (I added the slashes before inserting the field.) This will NOT work: $x="Joe's Place"; $sql="Select * from Company where CompanyName LIKE '%" . addslashes($x) . "%'"; (standard MySQL query code) I don't get an error, but I don't get a hit either!
thread by: Frank | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Nel
Whats best : register_globals ON ? OR register_globals OFF ? I currently use: $_POST
thread by: Frank | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Jon Kraft
How do you turn on PHP error messages in PHP, So I can see what is happening when a php page fails ? Windows & Linux ??
thread by: GluedToTheScreen | last post Aug 30 '05 by: Appletalk
I have a small PHP ecommerce site set up using Authorize.net's SIM (simple) interface. Working fine, but... I'd like to implement their AIM interface (so visitor's will never see the gateway's URL). I found a script that does this but requires cURL... and my hosting provider doesn't support it. Here is the snippet of the code that uses...
thread by: Falk Schneider | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Falk Schneider
I wrote a PHP shell script under Linux which puts all existing PS-Files within a directory into a list and should then start a single Ghostview window for each file. Sounds simple, but it's not: The following code provides for about half of the functionality I wanted: ==============code starts $bla = array(); foreach ($filelist as $file)
thread by: David | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Tony Marston
Would I be right in saying the following files are equilavent, except first on is HTML and second one is XML? Code: <? echo "<h1>Hello world!</h1>".<br>; echo "This is HTML"; ?>
thread by: sky2070 | last post Jul 16 '05 by: 2metre
<?php Header("Content-Type: image/png"); $im = ImageCreate(100, 100); // Allocate a background color and a drawing color for the image $black = ImageColorAllocate($im, 0, 0, 0); $white = ImageColorAllocate($im, 255, 255, 255); /* Now to draw a dashed line from the upper left corner to the lower right corner */ ImageDashedLine($im, 0, 0,...
thread by: Yannick Turgeon | last post Jul 16 '05 by: Yannick Turgeon
Hello all, I have a web page in which I create a simple PNG picture using PHP. It was correctly displayed until I upgrade my PC (Linux/Mandrake 9.1). Now my little picture is a black square! Anyone knows the reason? I've got those two png libraries installed. Does PHP need some more to adequatly create and manage PNG pictures?
thread by: fartsniff | last post Jul 16 '05 by: fartsniff
hello all, this is continued from a previous post. i am still stuck, and really could use some help. basically, via a form, search words are submitted, i.e. "apple". it then searches through the contents of the index_file and sees if a match is found. if you searched for "apple orange", then a match for index1.html (listed below) would be...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.