By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
444,041 Members | 958 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 444,041 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Need easy help with the new VB Express 2005

P: n/a
I'm having trouble porting over an old VB6 program to VB Express.

In a nutshell - all I need to do is use a form with a textbox (text entry)
and a drop down list (from a Microsoft Access MDB) and create a set of
directories based on the drop down (ties into a separate table in the MDB)
with the textbox text as the root directory.

any thoughts?
Nov 21 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
What problems are you really facing??

--
Rgds,
Anand
VB.NET MVP
http://www.dotnetindia.com
"wundrlik" wrote:
I'm having trouble porting over an old VB6 program to VB Express.

In a nutshell - all I need to do is use a form with a textbox (text entry)
and a drop down list (from a Microsoft Access MDB) and create a set of
directories based on the drop down (ties into a separate table in the MDB)
with the textbox text as the root directory.

any thoughts?

Nov 21 '05 #2

P: n/a
all of my old code was using ADO and the expressions have changed enough that
I'm totally lost figuring out where I need to link data in.

I guess I'd start by asking how to populate a combo box with data from an
Access table. One I know that much the rest should be easier.

"Anand[MVP]" wrote:
What problems are you really facing??

--
Rgds,
Anand
VB.NET MVP
http://www.dotnetindia.com
"wundrlik" wrote:
I'm having trouble porting over an old VB6 program to VB Express.

In a nutshell - all I need to do is use a form with a textbox (text entry)
and a drop down list (from a Microsoft Access MDB) and create a set of
directories based on the drop down (ties into a separate table in the MDB)
with the textbox text as the root directory.

any thoughts?

Nov 21 '05 #3

P: n/a
http://bethmassi.blogspot.com/2005/0...ding-woes.html
Hope this helps...

--
Rgds,
Anand
VB.NET MVP
http://www.dotnetindia.com
"wundrlik" wrote:
all of my old code was using ADO and the expressions have changed enough that
I'm totally lost figuring out where I need to link data in.

I guess I'd start by asking how to populate a combo box with data from an
Access table. One I know that much the rest should be easier.

"Anand[MVP]" wrote:
What problems are you really facing??

--
Rgds,
Anand
VB.NET MVP
http://www.dotnetindia.com
"wundrlik" wrote:
I'm having trouble porting over an old VB6 program to VB Express.

In a nutshell - all I need to do is use a form with a textbox (text entry)
and a drop down list (from a Microsoft Access MDB) and create a set of
directories based on the drop down (ties into a separate table in the MDB)
with the textbox text as the root directory.

any thoughts?

Nov 21 '05 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.