473,895 Members | 2,293 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

AssemblyInfo.cp p & Resource.h ***MISSING***

Hello,

I really need help. I use C++ VisualStudio.ne t version 2002. I
tried to create a very simple console app. However, it won't compile, then I
found out that I am missing two important files that pre-load when you create
a Console Application, AssemblyInfo.cp p and Resource.h files. According to
the long search I did, these files help compile statements like
Console::WriteL ine() or int _tmain(). I tried repariing it but it still
won't load. I was wondering if any one of you could tell me what I could do.
Nov 17 '05 #1
5 2410
Hi David!
I really need help. I use C++ VisualStudio.ne t version 2002. I
tried to create a very simple console app. However, it won't compile, then I
found out that I am missing two important files that pre-load when you create
a Console Application, AssemblyInfo.cp p and Resource.h files. According to
the long search I did, these files help compile statements like
Console::WriteL ine() or int _tmain().
No.

First you need to decide what you want to do:
1. Managed C++ application (=> needs the .Net-Framework on the target
computer and you can use constructus like "Console::Write Line()"
2. Unmanaged (native) c++ (=> needs "nothing" and you can use constructs
like "printf")
I tried repariing it but it still
won't load. I was wondering if any one of you could tell me what I could do.


If you want to create a managed app, you need to add a reference to
mscorlib.dll
To create a managed console app go to "File|New|Proje ct|Visual
C++|Console Application (.NET)"

To create an unamaged (native) C++ console app go to
"File|New|Proje ct|Visual C++|Win32 Console Project"

The main difference between these tow is the useage of the "/clr"
compiler flag.

--
Greetings
Jochen

My blog about Win32 and .NET
http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/
Nov 17 '05 #2
This is exactly what I do and this is the problem I get. I want to create a
new Console Application. So I click on new projects, then I click on Win32
application. window pops up then I click on settings and click on "Console
Application." after that I click on finish. Now, comapred to the book there
are several files that I need that arne't showing up.

For some reason I don't have Console Application (.net) as a selection. I
only have Win32applicatio n. Then I choose Console Application. I don't know
what you call it but when I copy the Hello world code from the book, when the
code builds, theres an error. And I traced the error to the files that are
missing which are AssemblyInfo.cp p & resource.h.

"Jochen Kalmbach [MVP]" wrote:
Hi David!
I really need help. I use C++ VisualStudio.ne t version 2002. I
tried to create a very simple console app. However, it won't compile, then I
found out that I am missing two important files that pre-load when you create
a Console Application, AssemblyInfo.cp p and Resource.h files. According to
the long search I did, these files help compile statements like
Console::WriteL ine() or int _tmain().


No.

First you need to decide what you want to do:
1. Managed C++ application (=> needs the .Net-Framework on the target
computer and you can use constructus like "Console::Write Line()"
2. Unmanaged (native) c++ (=> needs "nothing" and you can use constructs
like "printf")
I tried repariing it but it still
won't load. I was wondering if any one of you could tell me what I could do.


If you want to create a managed app, you need to add a reference to
mscorlib.dll
To create a managed console app go to "File|New|Proje ct|Visual
C++|Console Application (.NET)"

To create an unamaged (native) C++ console app go to
"File|New|Proje ct|Visual C++|Win32 Console Project"

The main difference between these tow is the useage of the "/clr"
compiler flag.

--
Greetings
Jochen

My blog about Win32 and .NET
http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/

Nov 17 '05 #3
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:38:17 -0700, "David"
<Da***@discussi ons.microsoft.c om> wrote:
This is exactly what I do and this is the problem I get. I want to create a
new Console Application. So I click on new projects, then I click on Win32
application. window pops up then I click on settings and click on "Console
Application. " after that I click on finish. Now, comapred to the book there
are several files that I need that arne't showing up.

For some reason I don't have Console Application (.net) as a selection. I
only have Win32applicatio n. Then I choose Console Application. I don't know
what you call it but when I copy the Hello world code from the book, when the
code builds, theres an error. And I traced the error to the files that are
missing which are AssemblyInfo.cp p & resource.h.


In .NET 2003, when you create a new project, one of those listed for
the category ".NET" is "Console Application." I skipped 2002, so I
don't know if they are organized the same way.

--
Phillip Crews aka Severian
Microsoft MVP, Windows SDK
Posting email address is real, but please post replies on the newsgroup.
Nov 17 '05 #4
In 2002, there is no console app icon. You have to turn it on in the win32
settings.

"Severian [MVP]" wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:38:17 -0700, "David"
<Da***@discussi ons.microsoft.c om> wrote:
This is exactly what I do and this is the problem I get. I want to create a
new Console Application. So I click on new projects, then I click on Win32
application. window pops up then I click on settings and click on "Console
Application. " after that I click on finish. Now, comapred to the book there
are several files that I need that arne't showing up.

For some reason I don't have Console Application (.net) as a selection. I
only have Win32applicatio n. Then I choose Console Application. I don't know
what you call it but when I copy the Hello world code from the book, when the
code builds, theres an error. And I traced the error to the files that are
missing which are AssemblyInfo.cp p & resource.h.


In .NET 2003, when you create a new project, one of those listed for
the category ".NET" is "Console Application." I skipped 2002, so I
don't know if they are organized the same way.

--
Phillip Crews aka Severian
Microsoft MVP, Windows SDK
Posting email address is real, but please post replies on the newsgroup.

Nov 17 '05 #5
In 2002, there is no Console Application icon, in the selection screen. You
have to turn it on in the the win32 settings.

"Severian [MVP]" wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:38:17 -0700, "David"
<Da***@discussi ons.microsoft.c om> wrote:
This is exactly what I do and this is the problem I get. I want to create a
new Console Application. So I click on new projects, then I click on Win32
application. window pops up then I click on settings and click on "Console
Application. " after that I click on finish. Now, comapred to the book there
are several files that I need that arne't showing up.

For some reason I don't have Console Application (.net) as a selection. I
only have Win32applicatio n. Then I choose Console Application. I don't know
what you call it but when I copy the Hello world code from the book, when the
code builds, theres an error. And I traced the error to the files that are
missing which are AssemblyInfo.cp p & resource.h.


In .NET 2003, when you create a new project, one of those listed for
the category ".NET" is "Console Application." I skipped 2002, so I
don't know if they are organized the same way.

--
Phillip Crews aka Severian
Microsoft MVP, Windows SDK
Posting email address is real, but please post replies on the newsgroup.

Nov 17 '05 #6

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

4
3036
by: Luklrc | last post by:
Hi, I'm having to create a querysting with javascript. My problem is that javscript turns the "&" characher into "&amp;" when it gets used as a querystring in the url EG: /mypage.asp?value1=1&amp;value2=4&amp; ... which of course means nothing to asp.
2
6101
by: Santosh | last post by:
When you right click on file and select properties option, some files have "Summary" tab. Using ApplicationInfo.cs file we can set "Company","Language","Version" etc.. which appeares under Version tab. But how can I set "Author","Category","Title","Subject",e.t.c from AssemblyInfo.cs file which appeares under Summary tab?
2
1677
by: Eddie | last post by:
Hello, there. When I create new 'VC++ -> CLR -> Windows Form Application' project, there created AssemblyInfo.cpp file. There exists strings like ; I believe this information should be appeared in the file property
4
1399
by: Hovsep Mkrtchyan | last post by:
That is: In AssembyInfo.cpp I've wrote But after compile in dll properties window there is no Version tag. Does anybody solved this issue? Maybe there must be something mentioned in compiller tags or so on?
0
1116
by: xenophon | last post by:
In my 1.1 ASP.NET project, AssemblyInfo.cs had custom information about versioning and etc. With 2.0, I made an AssemblyInfo.cs in the root of my site, but with all of the multiple DLLs it appears that no versioning etc are getting applied system-wide. What do I have to do to get the below stamped into all of the DLLs that make up my ASP.NET 2.0 application? Or what is the new means of globally assigning assembly attributes? using...
6
23913
by: CuriousGeorge | last post by:
I've upgraded a .Net 1.1 web app to 2.0 and am having a heck of a time getting resources to work again. From what I understand if I move my strings.resx file into the App_GlobalResources folder I should magically be able to reference my strings using the syntax Resources.strings.string1. This isn't working for me. Is there something I'm missing other than moving the file itself and rebuilding? I get this error: "The type or namespace...
1
2119
by: Chukkalove | last post by:
I originally created several "copy" resource reader classes which worked great individually, but after I converted them into an parent class with children they no longer find the resources. Each project contains its own reader class and resource .resx file from where a string or image is read. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get them to work please. I attach code. Im not sure if it's because the derived classes are in...
0
1989
by: The Coder | last post by:
I get a version tab in the shell only for VS_VERSION_INFO. I was expecting AssemblyInfo.cpp to create the version tab . Can I get AssemblyInfo.cpp to create version tab instead? If can not get AssemblyInfo.cpp to create version tab, then do I need to fill in both the AssemblyInfo.cpp and VS_VERSION_INFO resource? Does this mean that there is both a managed and unmanaged info block in a
0
9836
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can effortlessly switch the default language on Windows 10 without reinstalling. I'll walk you through it. First, let's disable language synchronization. With a Microsoft account, language settings sync across devices. To prevent any complications,...
0
11249
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers, it seems that the internal comparison operator "<=>" tries to promote arguments from unsigned to signed. This is as boiled down as I can make it. Here is my compilation command: g++-12 -std=c++20 -Wnarrowing bit_field.cpp Here is the code in...
0
10847
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven tapestry of website design and digital marketing. It's not merely about having a website; it's about crafting an immersive digital experience that captivates audiences and drives business growth. The Art of Business Website Design Your website is...
1
10937
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows Update option using the Control Panel or Settings app; it automatically checks for updates and installs any it finds, whether you like it or not. For most users, this new feature is actually very convenient. If you want to control the update process,...
0
9651
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then launch it, all on its own.... Now, this would greatly impact the work of software developers. The idea...
0
7179
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert into image. Globals.ThisAddIn.Application.ActiveDocument.Select();...
0
6070
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
1
4693
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated we have to send another system
3
3298
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence can significantly impact your brand's success. BSMN Consultancy, a leader in Website Development in Toronto offers valuable insights into creating effective websites that not only look great but also perform exceptionally well. In this comprehensive...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.