469,902 Members | 1,813 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,902 developers. It's quick & easy.

Books for learning VB.NET

Exuse me for asking, I am loking for best book to learn VB.NET language
/ framework. I learn C before but many years ago. Do anyone know good
book, but not too much beginner one. Sory for my english is not good.

Thank you
Jaj

Nov 24 '06 #1
12 1109
OK, you were a developer, so I suggest this free ebook :
Introducing Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 for Developers
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/ms789094.aspx).
Moayad Mardini
MSDN Forums Moderator
"ra********@asia.com" wrote:
Exuse me for asking, I am loking for best book to learn VB.NET language
/ framework. I learn C before but many years ago. Do anyone know good
book, but not too much beginner one. Sory for my english is not good.
Nov 24 '06 #2
I just came out with _Start-to-Finish Visual Basic 2005_. It reviews most
of the features of VB, and gives an overview of .NET also. I thought that
the publisher Apress also had a VB book for C programmers, but I wasn't able
to locate the title. Try www.apress.com.

-----
Tim Patrick - www.timaki.com
Start-to-Finish Visual Basic 2005
Exuse me for asking, I am loking for best book to learn VB.NET
language / framework. I learn C before but many years ago. Do anyone
know good book, but not too much beginner one. Sory for my english is
not good.

Thank you
Jaj

Nov 24 '06 #3
Raj

You really should consider learning a different language. VB is about
to be removed from Visual Studio. Why VB anyway? If you have C
experience you would probably be better with Java.
ra********@asia.com wrote:
Exuse me for asking, I am loking for best book to learn VB.NET language
/ framework. I learn C before but many years ago. Do anyone know good
book, but not too much beginner one. Sory for my english is not good.

Thank you
Jaj
Nov 25 '06 #4
Thank you everyone. Yes I thinking of java now. I did not now that vb
going to be removed.

Thank you
Raj

Master Programmer wrote:
Raj

You really should consider learning a different language. VB is about
to be removed from Visual Studio. Why VB anyway? If you have C
experience you would probably be better with Java.
ra********@asia.com wrote:
Exuse me for asking, I am loking for best book to learn VB.NET language
/ framework. I learn C before but many years ago. Do anyone know good
book, but not too much beginner one. Sory for my english is not good.

Thank you
Jaj
Nov 25 '06 #5
"Master Programmer" <ma***************@outgun.comschrieb:
You really should consider learning a different language. VB is about
to be removed from Visual Studio. Why VB anyway?
Why still repeat this nonsense? There is absolutely no evidence for what
you are saying. Instead, future versions of VB will likely contain features
not available in C# such as direct support for XML literals inside the
source code.

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
V B <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/>

Nov 25 '06 #6
Java = 1
Microsoft = Nill

The Grand Master
Every convert is a victory
Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] wrote:
"Master Programmer" <ma***************@outgun.comschrieb:
You really should consider learning a different language. VB is about
to be removed from Visual Studio. Why VB anyway?

Why still repeat this nonsense? There is absolutely no evidence for what
you are saying. Instead, future versions of VB will likely contain features
not available in C# such as direct support for XML literals inside the
source code.

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
V B <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/>
Nov 25 '06 #7
If you want to use Java, that's fine. But don't choose it based on the so-called
"Master Programmer's" words. He lied to you. VB will NOT be removed from
Visual Studio.

-----
Tim Patrick - www.timaki.com
Start-to-Finish Visual Basic 2005
Thank you everyone. Yes I thinking of java now. I did not now that vb
going to be removed.

Thank you
Raj
Master Programmer wrote:
>Raj

You really should consider learning a different language. VB is about
to be removed from Visual Studio. Why VB anyway? If you have C
experience you would probably be better with Java.

ra********@asia.com wrote:
>>Exuse me for asking, I am loking for best book to learn VB.NET
language / framework. I learn C before but many years ago. Do
anyone know good book, but not too much beginner one. Sory for my
english is not good.

Thank you
Jaj

Nov 25 '06 #8
"Master Programmer" <ma***************@outgun.comschrieb:
Java = 1
Microsoft = Nill
Your posts would better fit into "comp.lang.java.advocacy".

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
V B <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/>
Nov 25 '06 #9
It's not going to be removed. He's just trying to cause trouble.
VB isn't going anywhere; there are hundreds of thousands of
VB.Net programmers out there.

Check out Tim Patrick's book. It's great for someone moving
to VB.Net.

Also, Francesco Balena has a great book called "VB2005: The
Language" that only covers the language, no data access or forms.

Robin S.
-----------------------------

<ra********@asia.comwrote in message
news:11*********************@j72g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
Thank you everyone. Yes I thinking of java now. I did not now that vb
going to be removed.

Thank you
Raj

Master Programmer wrote:
>Raj

You really should consider learning a different language. VB is about
to be removed from Visual Studio. Why VB anyway? If you have C
experience you would probably be better with Java.
ra********@asia.com wrote:
Exuse me for asking, I am loking for best book to learn VB.NET language
/ framework. I learn C before but many years ago. Do anyone know good
book, but not too much beginner one. Sory for my english is not good.

Thank you
Jaj

Nov 25 '06 #10
Herfried,

We better should not give any reply too the one who gives himself the name
of Master Programmer, with that declaring himself as a fool or a kid.

Since we lost Java there has not been much improvement while it was so
leading in past.

(and I almost felt in your trick)

:-)

Cor
"Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]" <hi***************@gmx.atschreef in bericht
news:uF**************@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
"Master Programmer" <ma***************@outgun.comschrieb:
>Java = 1
Microsoft = Nill

Your posts would better fit into "comp.lang.java.advocacy".

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
V B <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/>

Nov 25 '06 #11
Hi,

Ty this book titled " Database Programming using VB.Net and SQL Server".

Jumpstart your career in the Microsoft's .Net (VB .Net and SQL Server
2000) world with this book.
Develop a complete accounting application for Microsoft's .Net platform.
Discover the power of combining ADO .Net with Visual Basic and SQL
Server programmer.
Learn how to design an application based on three tier architecture
including Data Layer, Business Layer and Presentation Layer using a
combination of Microsoft's VB .Net and Microsoft's SQL Server 2000.

I am using this book.

Regards
Madhav


*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Dec 11 '06 #12
BK
No worries Tim, Raj and MP are one in the same. He can't keep his
aliases straight.

Tim Patrick wrote:
If you want to use Java, that's fine. But don't choose it based on the so-called
"Master Programmer's" words. He lied to you. VB will NOT be removed from
Visual Studio.

-----
Tim Patrick - www.timaki.com
Start-to-Finish Visual Basic 2005
Dec 11 '06 #13

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

6 posts views Thread by Howard Kaikow | last post: by
8 posts views Thread by Earl | last post: by
29 posts views Thread by Jhon smith | last post: by
90 posts views Thread by Jhon smith | last post: by
17 posts views Thread by Venkatesh | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by AJJ | last post: by
8 posts views Thread by Edward Cormier | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Waqarahmed | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.