471,350 Members | 1,682 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post +

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 471,350 software developers and data experts.

Help to start python

Hi All,

I'm new to python. I installed python 2.5 and IDLE 1.2.1 . I'm able
to run shell commands.

But I don't know how to execute a python program using this. When I'm
opeing a py program a seperate IDLE window opeing with program text.
But I don't know to to execute the prg.

Please help me on this .

thank you

regards
Sat

Sep 13 '07 #1
5 1164

python_lover wrote:
Hi All,

I'm new to python. I installed python 2.5 and IDLE 1.2.1 . I'm able
to run shell commands.

But I don't know how to execute a python program using this. When I'm
opeing a py program a seperate IDLE window opeing with program text.
But I don't know to to execute the prg.

Please help me on this .

thank you

regards
Sat
When in IDLE, you can go to the Run menu and choose Run Module (or
press F5) in the window that has the program code.

Hope that helps!

Mike

Sep 13 '07 #2
On Sep 13, 7:23 pm, kyoso...@gmail.com wrote:
python_lover wrote:
Hi All,
I'm new to python. I installed python 2.5 and IDLE 1.2.1 . I'm able
to run shell commands.
But I don't know how to execute a python program using this. When I'm
opeing a py program a seperate IDLE window opeing with program text.
But I don't know to to execute the prg.
Please help me on this .
thank you
regards
Sat

When in IDLE, you can go to the Run menu and choose Run Module (or
press F5) in the window that has the program code.

Hope that helps!

Mike- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -
Thankx mike.

It is working well.

Please guide me some good sites to start web based programing on
python.

thank you.

sat

Sep 13 '07 #3
python_lover wrote:
Please guide me some good sites to start web based programing on
python.
Here's a good one:
<http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=python%20web%20programming&btnG=Goo gle-Suche&meta=>

Always remember: GIYF
If you don't know what that means:
<http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=GIYF&btnG=Google-Suche&meta=>

/W
Sep 13 '07 #4
On Sep 13, 9:39 am, python_lover <govisath...@gmail.comwrote:
On Sep 13, 7:23 pm, kyoso...@gmail.com wrote:
python_lover wrote:
Hi All,
I'm new to python. I installed python 2.5 and IDLE 1.2.1 . I'm able
to run shell commands.
But I don't know how to execute a python program using this. When I'm
opeing a py program a seperate IDLE window opeing with program text.
But I don't know to to execute the prg.
Please help me on this .
thank you
regards
Sat
When in IDLE, you can go to the Run menu and choose Run Module (or
press F5) in the window that has the program code.
Hope that helps!
Mike- Hide quoted text -
- Show quoted text -

Thankx mike.

It is working well.

Please guide me some good sites to start web based programing on
python.

thank you.

sat
Check out
http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebProgramming
http://www.boddie.org.uk/python/HTML.html
http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/

And the many Python web frameworks, like Django, TurboGears, Zope/
Plone, etc.

Mike
Sep 13 '07 #5
HI,

Please help how to execute a py file with xitami.

I installed xitami , downloaded lrwp file.

accessing the first web application program

import urllib
# Get a file-like object for the Python Web site's home page.
f = urllib.urlopen("http://www.python.org")
# Read from the object, storing the page's contents in 's'.
s = f.read()
f.close()

through browser like "http://localhost/first.py

it is dispaying the source code of the first.py.

Please help me how to execute the file.

thank you.
Sep 17 '07 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.