By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
443,750 Members | 1,231 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 443,750 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Looking for a php application/solution..

P: n/a
Hi, first time poster to this group looking for a little help.

Knowing that there are hundreds of php applications and solutions out there,
and I don't want to re invent the wheel, I am looking for something in php
that will provide a web based solution for me to add/edit/delete records in
a MySQL database/table that must include one BLOB (JPEG) image field.

It's a PEOPLE application that has details on the people that includes a
picture. So, must be able to add(upload) or delete a JPEG image as a BLOB
field to the Table.

(the Table already exists with some 20+ records and most if not all have a
BLOB {jpeg} field included.)

Perhaps there's something out there already that will simply read and
examine an existing table and fields, then generate a simple data
entry/update type page.

Or maybe someone else out there has something like this, or knows of
something like this in GPL, open source, or other?

Any and all assistance much appreciated and accepted with gratitude.

Thank you,

Ed Cox

ec**@bigpond.com

P.S. If this is not the correct group to post this type of question please
assist by pointing me in the correct direction. :-)

Jul 17 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
4 Replies


P: n/a
Hi Ed!

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:36:41 GMT, Ed Cox <ec**@bigpond.com> wrote:
Hi, first time poster to this group looking for a little help.

Knowing that there are hundreds of php applications and solutions out there,
and I don't want to re invent the wheel, I am looking for something in php
that will provide a web based solution for me to add/edit/delete records in
a MySQL database/table that must include one BLOB (JPEG) image field.

It's a PEOPLE application that has details on the people that includes a
picture. So, must be able to add(upload) or delete a JPEG image as a BLOB
field to the Table.

(the Table already exists with some 20+ records and most if not all have a
BLOB {jpeg} field included.)

Perhaps there's something out there already that will simply read and
examine an existing table and fields, then generate a simple data
entry/update type page.

Or maybe someone else out there has something like this, or knows of
something like this in GPL, open source, or other?
I have produced something like that. It doesn't do picture upload out
of the box, but I can dig out the attached functions for that. Have a
look at the project in the signature.

Any and all assistance much appreciated and accepted with gratitude.


HTH, Jochen
--
Jochen Daum - CANS Ltd.
PHP DB Edit Toolkit -- PHP scripts for building
database editing interfaces.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpdbedittk/
Jul 17 '05 #2

P: n/a
Hi Jochen,

Thank you - just checking you project out now - looks good as long as there
is the ability to deal with JPEGs in a BLOB field.

Please let me know if you have time to dig up/modify/add the appropriate
added functions to deal with that.. All I can offer is my sincere gratitude
and appreciation in return.

Regards,

Ed.

On 23/10/03 10:46 AM, in article r5********************************@4ax.com,
"Jochen Daum" <jo*********@cans.co.nz> wrote:
Hi Ed!

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:36:41 GMT, Ed Cox <ec**@bigpond.com> wrote:
Hi, first time poster to this group looking for a little help.

Knowing that there are hundreds of php applications and solutions out there,
and I don't want to re invent the wheel, I am looking for something in php
that will provide a web based solution for me to add/edit/delete records in
a MySQL database/table that must include one BLOB (JPEG) image field.

It's a PEOPLE application that has details on the people that includes a
picture. So, must be able to add(upload) or delete a JPEG image as a BLOB
field to the Table.

(the Table already exists with some 20+ records and most if not all have a
BLOB {jpeg} field included.)

Perhaps there's something out there already that will simply read and
examine an existing table and fields, then generate a simple data
entry/update type page.

Or maybe someone else out there has something like this, or knows of
something like this in GPL, open source, or other?


I have produced something like that. It doesn't do picture upload out
of the box, but I can dig out the attached functions for that. Have a
look at the project in the signature.

Any and all assistance much appreciated and accepted with gratitude.


HTH, Jochen


Jul 17 '05 #3

P: n/a
Hi Ed!

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 01:29:37 GMT, Ed Cox <ec**@bigpond.com> wrote:
Hi Jochen,

Thank you - just checking you project out now - looks good as long as there
is the ability to deal with JPEGs in a BLOB field.
The trick is that you don't need additional abilities for that. Only
something that handles the <file> html tag.

Please let me know if you have time to dig up/modify/add the appropriate
added functions to deal with that.. All I can offer is my sincere gratitude
and appreciation in return.

Not a problem, it wouldn't be an open source project otherwise.
Jochen
Regards,

Ed.

On 23/10/03 10:46 AM, in article r5********************************@4ax.com,
"Jochen Daum" <jo*********@cans.co.nz> wrote:
Hi Ed!

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:36:41 GMT, Ed Cox <ec**@bigpond.com> wrote:
Hi, first time poster to this group looking for a little help.

Knowing that there are hundreds of php applications and solutions out there,
and I don't want to re invent the wheel, I am looking for something in php
that will provide a web based solution for me to add/edit/delete records in
a MySQL database/table that must include one BLOB (JPEG) image field.

It's a PEOPLE application that has details on the people that includes a
picture. So, must be able to add(upload) or delete a JPEG image as a BLOB
field to the Table.

(the Table already exists with some 20+ records and most if not all have a
BLOB {jpeg} field included.)

Perhaps there's something out there already that will simply read and
examine an existing table and fields, then generate a simple data
entry/update type page.

Or maybe someone else out there has something like this, or knows of
something like this in GPL, open source, or other?


I have produced something like that. It doesn't do picture upload out
of the box, but I can dig out the attached functions for that. Have a
look at the project in the signature.

Any and all assistance much appreciated and accepted with gratitude.


HTH, Jochen


--
Jochen Daum - CANS Ltd.
PHP DB Edit Toolkit -- PHP scripts for building
database editing interfaces.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpdbedittk/
Jul 17 '05 #4

P: n/a
I noticed that Message-ID: <BB****************@bigpond.com> from Ed Cox
contained the following:

Thank you - just checking you project out now - looks good as long as there
is the ability to deal with JPEGs in a BLOB field.

I have just written a script which uploads images, resizes them if they
are too big, creates a thumbnail image and stores details in a database.
Only I didn't mess around with blobs.

All you really need in the database is the location of the image.

If I get time I'll see if I can tidy it up enough for public consumption
later today...;-)
--
Geoff Berrow
It's only Usenet, no one dies.
My opinions, not the committee's, mine.
Simple RFDs http://www.ckdog.co.uk/rfdmaker/
Jul 17 '05 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.