By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
424,678 Members | 2,439 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 424,678 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

How much is Bill worth right now?

P: n/a
From:
http://evan.quuxuum.org/bgnw.html#Worth

Interesting stuff. read for yourself:
----------------------
How much is Bill worth right now?
We obviously do not have a full reckoning of everything Bill owns. But,
according to the Yahoo! Insider Trades site, Bill has 1,077,499,336 shares
of MSFT.
This figure reflects all trades made through Nov/04/30, which is the most
recent trade. (Thanks to Jeff Call for the pointer!)
As of 13:50 on 12/06/04 , Microsoft was selling for $27.38 .
Some simple multiplication tells us that he owns $29,501,931,819.68 worth of
Microsoft stock. (That's $29.5 Billion.)
MSFT: Microsoft Stock

Microsoft has a total of 10,700,000,000 shares outstanding, worth a total of
$292,966,000,000, which is Microsoft's market capitalization. (That's
$292.97 Billion.)
Bill's 1,077,499,336 shares represents 10.07% of Microsoft.
On March 13, 1986, the day Microsoft went public, according to Microsoft's
Public Relations Department, Bill owned 11,142,000 shares of MSFT stock. At
MSFT's IPO price of $21 per share Bill's initial fortune was worth
$233,982,000 or $233.98 Million. Adjusted for splits, if Bill had not sold
any stock since then, he would have 3,208,896,000 shares. Those shares would
be worth $87,859,572,480.00 or $87.86 Billion today. Thanks to Michael Noer
and Julie Sullivan at Wired Magazine for their help here.
Microsoft stock's all-time high price (adjusted for splits) is $119.75. That
means that Bill's all-time high net worth (if he hadn't sold any shares) is:
$129,030,545,486.00 or $129.03 Billion.
If Bill had never sold any of his MSFT stock, at his maximum price, Bill's
share would be worth: $384,265,296,000.00 or $384.27 Billion.
Microsoft went public on March 13, 1986. Its IPO price was $21/share, which,
after adjustments for splits is equivalent to 7.29.
Microsoft stock has split a total of 9 times, increasing the number of
shares, and decreasing each share's value by a factor of 288. If MSFT stock
had never split, the share price today would be $7885.44. (Thanks to Michael
Chauvin for the suggestion)
Important Disclaimer

No Microsoft employee, including Bill Gates has anything to do with the
creation and maintenance of this web site. As far as we know, Bill has never
even seen this site. The people who maintain this site are of average
financial means, and have no access whatsoever to Mr. Gates' vast fortune.
While we are sure that there are some people reading this page who are in
genuine need of financial assistance, PLEASE stop asking us for donations of
Mr. Gates' money. We simply don't have any of it. (We often wish we did,
too, though.) Thank you.
We also have no way of contacting Mr. Gates. You can visit his web site,
though. Any inquiries sent to us about sharing Mr. Gates's wealth will be
ignored.

......... Read more at : http://evan.quuxuum.org/bgnw.html#Worth
Jul 21 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
14 Replies


P: n/a

I think according to Fortune that right now the guy who owns IKEA is now
the richest many in the world. As Linux pummels his stock, Gates will
probably drop further down the list.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/040404/137/2cdva.html
World

IKEA founder overtakes Gates as world's richest - TV

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Ingvar Kamprad, the Swede who founded furniture
retail chain IKEA, has overtaken Microsoft's Bill Gates as the world's
richest man, Swedish TV news reported on Sunday.

Citing next week's edition of the Swedish business weekly Veckans
Affarer, public service SVT2 television said Kamprad, 77, has a personal
fortune of 400 billion crowns ($53 billion).

Me_and_you wrote:
From:
http://evan.quuxuum.org/bgnw.html#Worth


Interesting stuff. read for yourself:
----------------------
How much is Bill worth right now?
We obviously do not have a full reckoning of everything Bill owns. But,
according to the Yahoo! Insider Trades site, Bill has 1,077,499,336 shares
of MSFT.
This figure reflects all trades made through Nov/04/30, which is the most
recent trade. (Thanks to Jeff Call for the pointer!)
As of 13:50 on 12/06/04 , Microsoft was selling for $27.38 .
Some simple multiplication tells us that he owns $29,501,931,819.68 worth of
Microsoft stock. (That's $29.5 Billion.)
MSFT: Microsoft Stock

Microsoft has a total of 10,700,000,000 shares outstanding, worth a total of
$292,966,000,000, which is Microsoft's market capitalization. (That's
$292.97 Billion.)
Bill's 1,077,499,336 shares represents 10.07% of Microsoft.
On March 13, 1986, the day Microsoft went public, according to Microsoft's
Public Relations Department, Bill owned 11,142,000 shares of MSFT stock. At
MSFT's IPO price of $21 per share Bill's initial fortune was worth
$233,982,000 or $233.98 Million. Adjusted for splits, if Bill had not sold
any stock since then, he would have 3,208,896,000 shares. Those shares would
be worth $87,859,572,480.00 or $87.86 Billion today. Thanks to Michael Noer
and Julie Sullivan at Wired Magazine for their help here.
Microsoft stock's all-time high price (adjusted for splits) is $119.75. That
means that Bill's all-time high net worth (if he hadn't sold any shares) is:
$129,030,545,486.00 or $129.03 Billion.
If Bill had never sold any of his MSFT stock, at his maximum price, Bill's
share would be worth: $384,265,296,000.00 or $384.27 Billion.
Microsoft went public on March 13, 1986. Its IPO price was $21/share, which,
after adjustments for splits is equivalent to 7.29.
Microsoft stock has split a total of 9 times, increasing the number of
shares, and decreasing each share's value by a factor of 288. If MSFT stock
had never split, the share price today would be $7885.44. (Thanks to Michael
Chauvin for the suggestion)
Important Disclaimer

No Microsoft employee, including Bill Gates has anything to do with the
creation and maintenance of this web site. As far as we know, Bill has never
even seen this site. The people who maintain this site are of average
financial means, and have no access whatsoever to Mr. Gates' vast fortune.
While we are sure that there are some people reading this page who are in
genuine need of financial assistance, PLEASE stop asking us for donations of
Mr. Gates' money. We simply don't have any of it. (We often wish we did,
too, though.) Thank you.
We also have no way of contacting Mr. Gates. You can visit his web site,
though. Any inquiries sent to us about sharing Mr. Gates's wealth will be
ignored.

........ Read more at : http://evan.quuxuum.org/bgnw.html#Worth

Jul 21 '05 #2

P: n/a
that would be true, if Ingvar Kamprad actually owned IKEA, but he doesn't.

According to the an IKEA spokesman, Ingvar donated the concern to the Dutch
Stichting INGKA Foundation in 1982.

Bill is still on top. Doesn't mean anything.
--
--- Nick Malik [Microsoft]
MCSD, CFPS, Certified Scrummaster
http://blogs.msdn.com/nickmalik

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this forum are my own, and not
representative of my employer.
I do not answer questions on behalf of my employer. I'm just a
programmer helping programmers.
--
"Moe Green" <mo*@green.vegas> wrote in message
news:33*************@individual.net...

I think according to Fortune that right now the guy who owns IKEA is now
the richest many in the world. As Linux pummels his stock, Gates will
probably drop further down the list.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/040404/137/2cdva.html
World

IKEA founder overtakes Gates as world's richest - TV

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Ingvar Kamprad, the Swede who founded furniture
retail chain IKEA, has overtaken Microsoft's Bill Gates as the world's
richest man, Swedish TV news reported on Sunday.

Citing next week's edition of the Swedish business weekly Veckans
Affarer, public service SVT2 television said Kamprad, 77, has a personal
fortune of 400 billion crowns ($53 billion).

Me_and_you wrote:
From:
http://evan.quuxuum.org/bgnw.html#Worth




Interesting stuff. read for yourself:
----------------------
How much is Bill worth right now?
We obviously do not have a full reckoning of everything Bill owns. But,
according to the Yahoo! Insider Trades site, Bill has 1,077,499,336 shares of MSFT.
This figure reflects all trades made through Nov/04/30, which is the most recent trade. (Thanks to Jeff Call for the pointer!)
As of 13:50 on 12/06/04 , Microsoft was selling for $27.38 .
Some simple multiplication tells us that he owns $29,501,931,819.68 worth of Microsoft stock. (That's $29.5 Billion.)
MSFT: Microsoft Stock

Microsoft has a total of 10,700,000,000 shares outstanding, worth a total of $292,966,000,000, which is Microsoft's market capitalization. (That's
$292.97 Billion.)
Bill's 1,077,499,336 shares represents 10.07% of Microsoft.
On March 13, 1986, the day Microsoft went public, according to Microsoft's Public Relations Department, Bill owned 11,142,000 shares of MSFT stock. At MSFT's IPO price of $21 per share Bill's initial fortune was worth
$233,982,000 or $233.98 Million. Adjusted for splits, if Bill had not sold any stock since then, he would have 3,208,896,000 shares. Those shares would be worth $87,859,572,480.00 or $87.86 Billion today. Thanks to Michael Noer and Julie Sullivan at Wired Magazine for their help here.
Microsoft stock's all-time high price (adjusted for splits) is $119.75. That means that Bill's all-time high net worth (if he hadn't sold any shares) is: $129,030,545,486.00 or $129.03 Billion.
If Bill had never sold any of his MSFT stock, at his maximum price, Bill's share would be worth: $384,265,296,000.00 or $384.27 Billion.
Microsoft went public on March 13, 1986. Its IPO price was $21/share, which, after adjustments for splits is equivalent to 7.29.
Microsoft stock has split a total of 9 times, increasing the number of
shares, and decreasing each share's value by a factor of 288. If MSFT stock had never split, the share price today would be $7885.44. (Thanks to Michael Chauvin for the suggestion)
Important Disclaimer

No Microsoft employee, including Bill Gates has anything to do with the
creation and maintenance of this web site. As far as we know, Bill has never even seen this site. The people who maintain this site are of average
financial means, and have no access whatsoever to Mr. Gates' vast fortune. While we are sure that there are some people reading this page who are in genuine need of financial assistance, PLEASE stop asking us for donations of Mr. Gates' money. We simply don't have any of it. (We often wish we did,
too, though.) Thank you.
We also have no way of contacting Mr. Gates. You can visit his web site,
though. Any inquiries sent to us about sharing Mr. Gates's wealth will be ignored.

........ Read more at : http://evan.quuxuum.org/bgnw.html#Worth

Jul 21 '05 #3

P: n/a
what about warren buffet!!!!!!!!

Nick Malik [Microsoft] wrote:
that would be true, if Ingvar Kamprad actually owned IKEA, but he doesn't.

According to the an IKEA spokesman, Ingvar donated the concern to the Dutch
Stichting INGKA Foundation in 1982.

Bill is still on top. Doesn't mean anything.


Jul 21 '05 #4

P: n/a
Nick,

A Dutch Stichting is a foundation.

It can be something as the Bill Gates Foundation, however I doubt it, I saw
in a Dutch webpage about this that it seems to be only a postbox. Before you
wrote it, did I not even knew that it existed.

Cor

Jul 21 '05 #5

P: n/a
> I think according to Fortune that right now the guy who owns IKEA is now
the richest many in the world.


Another urban myth.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...-richest_x.htm

--
Regards

John Waller
Jul 21 '05 #6

P: n/a
John Waller wrote:
I think according to Fortune that right now the guy who owns IKEA is now

One thing is for sure.

Gate$ wealth declined by half after the stock market crash and has never
recovered.

Since then, he has furiously been dumping stock on the market, which is the
reason MSFT has been stagnant.

Now, the growth of Linux threatens his dominance.


Jul 21 '05 #7

P: n/a
http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/...orbeslist1.htm

I am not an expert on these things. I refer you to Forbes magazine and USA
Today.

--
--- Nick Malik [Microsoft]
MCSD, CFPS, Certified Scrummaster
http://blogs.msdn.com/nickmalik

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this forum are my own, and not
representative of my employer.
I do not answer questions on behalf of my employer. I'm just a
programmer helping programmers.
--
"Supra" <su*****@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:uQ**************@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
what about warren buffet!!!!!!!!

Nick Malik [Microsoft] wrote:
that would be true, if Ingvar Kamprad actually owned IKEA, but he doesn't.
According to the an IKEA spokesman, Ingvar donated the concern to the DutchStichting INGKA Foundation in 1982.

Bill is still on top. Doesn't mean anything.

Jul 21 '05 #8

P: n/a
Nick Malik [Microsoft] wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/...orbeslist1.htm

I am not an expert on these things. I refer you to Forbes magazine and
USA Today.


Well, that's all well and good, but in the case of Gates' wealth it's
Catch-22.

As the largest shareholder in MSFT, if he were to sell his stock suddenly,
the price would plunge, and as he sold it, each share would be worth less
and less. If he hangs on to it, it's worth more, theorectically, but he
can't spend it.

If wealth were measured in liquid assets only, it would be a different
picture entirely.
Jul 21 '05 #9

P: n/a
In article <QRhBd.831889$8_6.508638@attbi_s04>,
ni*******@hotmail.nospam.com says...
http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/...orbeslist1.htm

I am not an expert on these things. I refer you to Forbes magazine and USA
Today.

The Bible in the Book of ..... Chapt .. Verse ... says that "A rich man
has as much of a chance of going to heaven as a Camel does passing
through the eye of a needle"

So Will Bill, send me a couple of hundred thousand dollars on a grant
basis. I have found a country that is beautiful, peaceful, and it has
nothing America wants. The average family there makes about $500.00 a
year.

I need some moving and setup money so I can get out of this crazy
psychotic country.

Mr Gates this information I just shared with you can save your soul. So
save mine. Email me and I will send you my mailing address.

I'm sick of the mad dog insanity and hatred that is rampant in this
country now.
Peace
--

The UNITED NATIONS... is the worlds police person; not the United
States!

Morris Dees for PRESIDENT!! He is a GREAT White American Terrorist
fighter. http://archives.cnn.com/2000/LAW/09/....dees.profile/
www.splcenter.org/center/history/dees.jsp
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nature...No_Color_Line/

BELIEVE IT...OR NOT! VIEW:

Jul 21 '05 #10

P: n/a
Did you hear from him yet??
Let me know if it works, I will hit him up for some dough too.....
Lloyd
The Bible in the Book of ..... Chapt .. Verse ... says that "A rich man
has as much of a chance of going to heaven as a Camel does passing
through the eye of a needle"

So Will Bill, send me a couple of hundred thousand dollars on a grant
basis. I have found a country that is beautiful, peaceful, and it has
nothing America wants. The average family there makes about $500.00 a
year.

I need some moving and setup money so I can get out of this crazy
psychotic country.

Mr Gates this information I just shared with you can save your soul. So
save mine. Email me and I will send you my mailing address.

I'm sick of the mad dog insanity and hatred that is rampant in this
country now.
Peace
--

The UNITED NATIONS... is the worlds police person; not the United
States!

Morris Dees for PRESIDENT!! He is a GREAT White American Terrorist
fighter. http://archives.cnn.com/2000/LAW/09/....dees.profile/
www.splcenter.org/center/history/dees.jsp
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nature...No_Color_Line/

BELIEVE IT...OR NOT! VIEW:

Jul 21 '05 #11

P: n/a
yes me too. i'll even give a penny or two to charity.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
[ASP.NET MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx]
Got tidbits? Get it here... http://tinyurl.com/27cok
"Lloyd" <z@z.net> wrote in message news:FXIBd.602832$wV.531622@attbi_s54...
Did you hear from him yet??
Let me know if it works, I will hit him up for some dough too.....
Lloyd
The Bible in the Book of ..... Chapt .. Verse ... says that "A rich man
has as much of a chance of going to heaven as a Camel does passing
through the eye of a needle"

So Will Bill, send me a couple of hundred thousand dollars on a grant
basis. I have found a country that is beautiful, peaceful, and it has
nothing America wants. The average family there makes about $500.00 a
year.

I need some moving and setup money so I can get out of this crazy
psychotic country.

Mr Gates this information I just shared with you can save your soul. So
save mine. Email me and I will send you my mailing address.

I'm sick of the mad dog insanity and hatred that is rampant in this
country now.
Peace
--

The UNITED NATIONS... is the worlds police person; not the United
States!

Morris Dees for PRESIDENT!! He is a GREAT White American Terrorist
fighter. http://archives.cnn.com/2000/LAW/09/....dees.profile/
www.splcenter.org/center/history/dees.jsp
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nature...No_Color_Line/

BELIEVE IT...OR NOT! VIEW:


Jul 21 '05 #12

P: n/a
In article <#e**************@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Alvin Bruney
[MVP]" <vapor at steaming post office> says...
yes me too. i'll even give a penny or two to charity.

Bon Soir Monsieur,

So far nothing! I'm an optimist though. I think like the fellow who
jumped off the empire state building. When he passed the 60th floor on
the way down, he said to himself "So far... So good"
--

The UNITED NATIONS... is the worlds police person; not the United
States!

Morris Dees for PRESIDENT!! He is a GREAT American Terrorist fighter.
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/LAW/09/....dees.profile/
www.splcenter.org/center/history/dees.jsp

Jul 21 '05 #13

P: n/a
Ask Melinda?

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
"Clyde Lee Benson" <cl*****@charter.net> wrote in message
news:MP************************@news.microsoft.com ...
In article <#e**************@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Alvin Bruney
[MVP]" <vapor at steaming post office> says...
yes me too. i'll even give a penny or two to charity.

Bon Soir Monsieur,

So far nothing! I'm an optimist though. I think like the fellow who
jumped off the empire state building. When he passed the 60th floor on
the way down, he said to himself "So far... So good"
--

The UNITED NATIONS... is the worlds police person; not the United
States!

Morris Dees for PRESIDENT!! He is a GREAT American Terrorist fighter.
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/LAW/09/....dees.profile/
www.splcenter.org/center/history/dees.jsp

Jul 21 '05 #14

P: n/a
Bill and Oprah have both done a ot of good with their money.

"Cor Ligthert" <no************@planet.nl> wrote in message
news:eN**************@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
Nick,

A Dutch Stichting is a foundation.

It can be something as the Bill Gates Foundation, however I doubt it, I saw in a Dutch webpage about this that it seems to be only a postbox. Before you wrote it, did I not even knew that it existed.

Cor


Jul 21 '05 #15

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.