469,342 Members | 5,848 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,342 developers. It's quick & easy.

JScript.Net (JScript 7.0) is official documented language

VK
It seems that MSDN finished documentation migration, so one may want to
update the reference bookmarks.

JScript 5.6 is no longer the official documented release (all links are
404). All documentation is migrated and updated at:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/jscript7/html/jsoriJScript.asp>

Just FYI

P.S. If your browser is now IE 5.5 or higher the navigation will be far
of comfortable, also some pages may miss some content.

Jan 12 '06 #1
4 1302
VK wrote:
It seems that MSDN finished documentation migration, so one may want to
update the reference bookmarks.

JScript 5.6 is no longer the official documented release (all links are
404).


<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/29f83a2c-48c5-49e2-9ae0-7371d2cda2ff.asp>

works OK here. Used links to get there:

microsoft.com
--> MSDN Online
--> Library
--> Web Development
--> Scripting
--> JScript
--> JScript Language Reference

The old URLs stopped working about a _month_ ago:

news:71****************@PointedEars.de
PointedEars
Jan 12 '06 #2

VK wrote:
JScript 5.6 is no longer the official documented release (all links are
404).


I can find the JScript docs fine here:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/1e9b3876-3d38-4fd8-8596-1bbfe2330aa9.asp>

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
Jan 12 '06 #3
VK

Martin Honnen wrote:
I can find the JScript docs fine here:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/1e9b3876-3d38-4fd8-8596-1bbfe2330aa9.asp>


Or you can use the wayback machine at <www.archive.org> The issue is
not that JScript 5.6 documentation is not available anymore by any
means. The issue is - what documentation Microsoft *wants* do display -
thus hold a responsability for it (oh well, at least an imaginary one
:-).

As Microsoft server is really a cluster with possible cross-caching
(plus caching on ISP's proxies) the old links will be flickering for a
while (one time OK, another time noop). For instance the link I used
last 2 years:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/js56jslrfjscriptlanguagereference.asp>

became final 404 (after a week of flickering) only today morning.

Jan 12 '06 #4
VK wrote:
Martin Honnen wrote:
I can find the JScript docs fine here:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/1e9b3876-3d38-4fd8-8596-1bbfe2330aa9.asp>
Or you can use the wayback machine at <www.archive.org> The issue is
not that JScript 5.6 documentation is not available anymore by any
means. The issue is - what documentation Microsoft *wants* do display -


You are talking nonsense again. The documentation Microsoft wants to be
displayed is linked to. Which includes the JScript 5.6 Guide/Reference,
of course.
PointedEars
Jan 12 '06 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

29 posts views Thread by Christopher Brandsdal | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by RFS666 | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by Lando | last post: by
15 posts views Thread by Radium | last post: by
1 post views Thread by CARIGAR | last post: by
1 post views Thread by haryvincent176 | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Marylou17 | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.