473,543 Members | 2,497 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Latest stable version?

The latest UDB DB2 PDE V8.2.2 (posted 4/22/05) for linux that is
available for download as tar file (all editions), have invalid tar
format (I guess I should have taken quality issues raised on this group
about latest UDB versions more seriously!). Anyways, can anyone provide
me a link to download a STABLE production quality version of PDE for
linux? I have Mandrake 10.1 installed if that matters.

Thanks

P. Adhia

Nov 12 '05 #1
12 2075
P. Adhia wrote:
The latest UDB DB2 PDE V8.2.2 (posted 4/22/05) for linux that is
available for download as tar file (all editions), have invalid tar
format (I guess I should have taken quality issues raised on this group
about latest UDB versions more seriously!). Anyways, can anyone provide
me a link to download a STABLE production quality version of PDE for
linux? I have Mandrake 10.1 installed if that matters.

Thanks

P. Adhia

Are you sure this isn't just your download accelerator messing things
up? I have a hard time believing that a popular file that is up since 6
weeks would be bad.....

Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau
DB2 SQL Compiler Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Nov 12 '05 #2
Serge Rielau wrote:
Are you sure this isn't just your download accelerator messing things
up?


I had my friend try it from his mchine, but he had the same issue i.e.
not a valid tar file. I am hoping someone can reply saying they tried
and didn't have any problems.

I haven't installed any download accelerator and have tried installing
through download director as well. Other non-IBM downloads seem to work
fine.

Anyway, I'll try again, now booting through windows and brining
downloaded file to Linux, just to see if it's my Linux installation
that has problem with IBM sites.

Thanks though.

Nov 12 '05 #3
P. Adhia wrote:
Serge Rielau wrote:
Are you sure this isn't just your download accelerator messing things
up?

I had my friend try it from his mchine, but he had the same issue i.e.
not a valid tar file. I am hoping someone can reply saying they tried
and didn't have any problems.

I haven't installed any download accelerator and have tried installing
through download director as well. Other non-IBM downloads seem to work
fine.

Anyway, I'll try again, now booting through windows and brining
downloaded file to Linux, just to see if it's my Linux installation
that has problem with IBM sites.

Thanks though.

I am following up on this end as well. Just can't try it myslef since I
don't have Linux installed

Cheers
Serge
--
Serge Rielau
DB2 SQL Compiler Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Nov 12 '05 #4

"P. Adhia" <pa****@yahoo.c om> wrote in message
news:11******** *************@g 44g2000cwa.goog legroups.com...
The latest UDB DB2 PDE V8.2.2 (posted 4/22/05) for linux that is
available for download as tar file (all editions), have invalid tar
format (I guess I should have taken quality issues raised on this group
about latest UDB versions more seriously!). Anyways, can anyone provide
me a link to download a STABLE production quality version of PDE for
linux? I have Mandrake 10.1 installed if that matters.

Unless something has changed in the last couple of months, Mandrake 10.1 is
not one of the platforms on which IBM supports DB2. I don't have the link
but there's a page at the IBM website that lists all of the platforms which
IBM supports.

I don't mean to say that DB2 won't work on Mandrake, just that IBM doesn't
support it if there are problems on that platform.

If I'm wrong about the support for DB2 on Mandrake, I hope someone will
correct me....

Rhino
Nov 12 '05 #5
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data...inux/validate/

Larry Edelstein

Rhino wrote:
"P. Adhia" <pa****@yahoo.c om> wrote in message
news:11******** *************@g 44g2000cwa.goog legroups.com...
The latest UDB DB2 PDE V8.2.2 (posted 4/22/05) for linux that is
available for download as tar file (all editions), have invalid tar
format (I guess I should have taken quality issues raised on this group
about latest UDB versions more seriously!). Anyways, can anyone provide
me a link to download a STABLE production quality version of PDE for
linux? I have Mandrake 10.1 installed if that matters.


Unless something has changed in the last couple of months, Mandrake 10.1 is
not one of the platforms on which IBM supports DB2. I don't have the link
but there's a page at the IBM website that lists all of the platforms which
IBM supports.

I don't mean to say that DB2 won't work on Mandrake, just that IBM doesn't
support it if there are problems on that platform.

If I'm wrong about the support for DB2 on Mandrake, I hope someone will
correct me....

Rhino

Nov 12 '05 #6
"Larry" <la***@nospam.n et> wrote in message
news:dM******** *******@fe12.lg a...
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data...inux/validate/

Larry Edelstein

I am not sure whether platform validation has anything to do with whether
the tar file is valid (can be un-tared). My understanding of the OP
complaint is that the download file cannot be successfully un-tared before
the installation begins.
Nov 12 '05 #7
P. Adhia wrote:
Anyway, I'll try again, now booting through windows and brining
downloaded file to Linux, just to see if it's my Linux installation
that has problem with IBM sites.


OK. Windows is better than Linux ;). I downloaded the tar file from
windows and un-tared it from within linux and everthing was fine.
Interestingly, the windows-downloaded tar file was smaller than the
linux-downloaded tar file earlier. I don't have T1 connection or I
would have tried both downloads again to verify neither of them was a
fluke. I don't know how to explain it. (Maybe Firefox guys compiled
their Linux browser in windows mode and it expanded all LF to CRLF :)).
Thanks to all who offered to help.

P. Adhia

Nov 12 '05 #8
P. Adhia wrote:
The latest UDB DB2 PDE V8.2.2 (posted 4/22/05) for linux that is
available for download as tar file (all editions), have invalid tar
format (I guess I should have taken quality issues raised on this group
about latest UDB versions more seriously!). Anyways, can anyone provide
me a link to download a STABLE production quality version of PDE for
linux? I have Mandrake 10.1 installed if that matters.

Thanks

P. Adhia


Can you provide me with a server name I can upload for you Db2pde for Linux
which I believe is correct (I verified the tar archive is consistent)?

Please specify whether you are using Linux 32-bit or 64-bit flavour.

I am contacting people from the Web site you are referring to to correct the
image as well.

You can contact me here: jasinek (at) attglobal (dot) net
Jan M. Nelken
Nov 12 '05 #9
P. Adhia wrote:


OK. Windows is better than Linux ;). I downloaded the tar file from
windows and un-tared it from within linux and everthing was fine.
Interestingly, the windows-downloaded tar file was smaller than the
linux-downloaded tar file earlier. I don't have T1 connection or I
would have tried both downloads again to verify neither of them was a
fluke. I don't know how to explain it. (Maybe Firefox guys compiled
their Linux browser in windows mode and it expanded all LF to CRLF :)).


Now that's odd.
Next time, you'd better download it using wget. That's the only way to
download :P
Don't feel like looking it up, but perhaps the file has a wrong mime-type.

-R-
Nov 12 '05 #10

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

15
4270
by: Meetul Kinarivala | last post by:
Hello, I went to the PHP download page and found two versions: 4.3.10 AND 5.0.3 It does not talk about which one is the most stable. Please help Mike
2
8769
by: Terence Shek | last post by:
Is there a way to set the application binding policy so that it always binds to the latest version of an assembly? I'm hoping there is a way to avoid updating the application's binding configuration every time there is an update to a shared assembly.
2
1219
by: Carlos | last post by:
I have to implement a application that use Serial COM ports and I was thinking to use VS2005, but I wan to know is that is true that is stable ? I heard that the release date is November 7 2005 and I have to release the app in August 2005, I want to move to 2005 so I can use ths IO Serial COMM class that come with the Framework 2.0, I was...
3
2288
by: apixkernel | last post by:
Which is the latest stable gcc version ???
5
2563
by: sumana | last post by:
Hi, I am new the the world of .Net. I want to install the latest version on .Net and work on ASP.NET using C# Could anyone guide me how I go about doing so, assuming that I will be installing this on a new system. What all do I need to install and what are the latest versions
1
5920
by: vssp | last post by:
Can any one tell me what is the lastest released version (not a alpha or beta version) of MYSQL?
3
1549
by: retroman80s | last post by:
Everytime I get latest version of my solution or project( with a large number of files), my VS2005 ide shutsdown with no warnings or errors. Anyone else experience the same thing? Any solutions? This is the version I'm using: Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite Retroman80s **************** Everything ASP.NET 2.0...
1
3810
by: darshusc | last post by:
hi can anyone tell me what is the stable version of mysql?
0
7590
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers, it seems that the internal comparison operator "<=>" tries to promote arguments from unsigned to signed. This is as boiled down as I can make it. ...
1
7347
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows Update option using the Control Panel or Settings app; it automatically checks for updates and installs any it finds, whether you like it or not. For...
0
7688
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each protocol has its own unique characteristics and advantages, but as a user who is planning to build a smart home system, I am a bit confused by the...
0
5885
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then...
0
4895
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert...
0
3391
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The last exercise I practiced was to create a LAN-to-LAN VPN between two Pfsense firewalls, by using IPSEC protocols. I succeeded, with both firewalls in...
0
3391
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
1
1817
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated we have to send another system
1
968
muto222
by: muto222 | last post by:
How can i add a mobile payment intergratation into php mysql website.

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.