By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
424,484 Members | 1,811 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 424,484 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Report prints groups with multiple pages of data with group header only on first page

P: 2
I have an access report that combines project data with project planning considerations. It includes several sub reports and VBA coding on the on print function to print lines between the different columns on the page.

The report is grouped by project name and has a group header that contains the project name and column headings.

For projects that only have one page of data everything prints fine.

However, projects that have multiple pages of data, the first page of the project prints with only the group header. The following page contains the first page of data which continues onto a third page. All the data would fit on two pages.

See attachment for sample of report layout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Report Screen Shot.jpg (35.5 KB, 369 views)
Apr 14 '10 #1

✓ answered by deames

Thanks for your response. I tried changing the header properties but with no success.

It did give me another idea for resolution however. I moved the data and column headings that were in the project name header to the page header and that solved the problem.

Thanks

Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


NeoPa
Expert Mod 15k+
P: 31,186
Have a look at all your header sections' properties. Particularly :
Force New Page
New Row Or Col
Keep Together


I expect you'll find something in there that will allow you to set it up exactly as you want it. Without knowing their current settings it's hard to give you detailed instructions, but I'm sure you'll find what you need.

Welcome to bytes!
Apr 15 '10 #2

P: 2
Thanks for your response. I tried changing the header properties but with no success.

It did give me another idea for resolution however. I moved the data and column headings that were in the project name header to the page header and that solved the problem.

Thanks
Apr 22 '10 #3

NeoPa
Expert Mod 15k+
P: 31,186
I'm pleased you managed to find yourself a solution. Actually that's a better result than getting one from us :)

Well done!
Apr 23 '10 #4

Post your reply

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.