473,461 Members | 1,947 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Create Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

mysql connectionpropertiestransform issue - help needed

Hi,

I have implemented com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionPropertiesTransform class.

In the jdbc connection url, I have added

propertiesTransform=com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionPrope rtiesTransformImpl

attribute.

I made jar of this implementation class file and i have placed this jar file inside webapps/ (application)/WEB-INF/lib. mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar file is present inside \tomcat\common\lib.

I am getting following exception.

Unable to create the properties transform instance 'com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionPropertiesTransformImpl' due to underlying exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionPropertiesTransformImpl

If I place mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar inside webapps/ (application)/WEB-INF/lib, its working fine.

Any idea? Is it classpath/class loader issue?

Thanks in advance
Oct 22 '08 #1
3 1709
sukatoa
539 512MB
Hi,

I have implemented com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionPropertiesTransform class.

In the jdbc connection url, I have added

propertiesTransform=com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionPrope rtiesTransformImpl

attribute.

I made jar of this implementation class file and i have placed this jar file inside webapps/ (application)/WEB-INF/lib. mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar file is present inside \tomcat\common\lib.

I am getting following exception.

Unable to create the properties transform instance 'com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionPropertiesTransformImpl' due to underlying exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionPropertiesTransformImpl

If I place mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar inside webapps/ (application)/WEB-INF/lib, its working fine.

Any idea? Is it classpath/class loader issue?

Thanks in advance
I think it is on the catalina.properties file, ( not sure )

compare the values of common.loader and server.loader variables,
what have you notice?

Im not sure and i cannot confirm it(since i have uninstalled already my tomcat)

but if you would like to try, have a back-up copy of catalina.properties

add this at the end of server.loader --> ,${catalina.home}/common/lib/*.jar

eg.

server.loader=${catalina.home}/server/classes,${catalina.home}/server/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/common/lib/*.jar

save, restart your Tomcat Server and observe,

If you still cannot use the jar files inside the common/lib, replace the modified one with the unmodified(back-up) catalina.properties and stay on the WEB-INF/lib/ folder...... :)

regards,
sukatoa
Oct 23 '08 #2
I think it is on the catalina.properties file, ( not sure )

compare the values of common.loader and server.loader variables,
what have you notice?

Im not sure and i cannot confirm it(since i have uninstalled already my tomcat)

but if you would like to try, have a back-up copy of catalina.properties

add this at the end of server.loader --> ,${catalina.home}/common/lib/*.jar

eg.

server.loader=${catalina.home}/server/classes,${catalina.home}/server/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/common/lib/*.jar

save, restart your Tomcat Server and observe,

If you still cannot use the jar files inside the common/lib, replace the modified one with the unmodified(back-up) catalina.properties and stay on the WEB-INF/lib/ folder...... :)

regards,
sukatoa

Thank you very much..

Let me explain my issue clearly..

Actually, i need to login to database using application user login name and password. So after user has logged in , i need to get username and password and make the database connection using that..

So i am using ConnectionPropertiesTransform and changing the database connection parameters.

Right now, I have two jar files.

1) mysql-connector
2) my application custom jar.

If i place my jar inside web-inf/lib , i am getting noclassdeffound exception.

If i have placed my jar inside common/lib, since i am using spring framework outside web application, SecurityContextHolder /Authentication objects are coming null. So i am not able to retrieve user details..

If i place mysql jar inside web-inf/lib, jndi connection to database is not establishing.

I have played with catalina.properties. it does not solve my problem. After changing common-loader, i am not getting no class definition found error. But Securitycontext holder /Authentication objects are coming null..

So please suggest me if there is any solution for this?
Oct 23 '08 #3
sukatoa
539 512MB
Thank you very much..

Let me explain my issue clearly..

Actually, i need to login to database using application user login name and password. So after user has logged in , i need to get username and password and make the database connection using that..

So i am using ConnectionPropertiesTransform and changing the database connection parameters.

Right now, I have two jar files.

1) mysql-connector
2) my application custom jar.

If i place my jar inside web-inf/lib , i am getting noclassdeffound exception.

If i have placed my jar inside common/lib, since i am using spring framework outside web application, SecurityContextHolder /Authentication objects are coming null. So i am not able to retrieve user details..

If i place mysql jar inside web-inf/lib, jndi connection to database is not establishing.

I have played with catalina.properties. it does not solve my problem. After changing common-loader, i am not getting no class definition found error. But Securitycontext holder /Authentication objects are coming null..

So please suggest me if there is any solution for this?
( i haven't use spring framework before )
If i were to implement that, since the requirement ( username and password ) that will be used as a username/password for the database to connect,

im going to create a bean that manage database connection( pooling using naming-factory-dbcp.jar )
with a constructor parameter URL, DriverLocation, Schema, Username and Password,
( DriverManager needs URL(jdbc:mysql://localhost/ ), username and password)

Following the setter/getter methods for the constructor parameter to be able to make it a dynamic connection switching....

Every time the username and password changes, close the current connection instance and reconnect it using the new username and password together with all other parameters initialized.

Having its own simplified executeQuery and executeUpdate methods and a closeConnection method that will invoked only after executeQuery method ( since the ResultSet returned must be used first in any desired transaction before closing a connection )

And i will be used it as my Database connection manager.

I also haven't use the com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionPropertiesTransform class,
but i think the goal is the same, please do correct me if im wrong,

I believe that all programmer/developer defined jar files are recommended to put them in WEB/INF/lib directory, since the content of a WAR file that will be used for deployment are the ROOT/["USER"] directory under myapps folder.....

i hope that it will make sense to you,

regards,
sukatoa
Oct 24 '08 #4

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.