By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
434,826 Members | 2,443 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 434,826 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Could not instantiate the resource processor - VS.NET 2003

P: n/a
I suddenly started having this problem as well - and could not figure
it out. MSDN stated you simply had to re-install VS.NET, which I did.
However, the same problem persisted.

It appears I finally figured it out. I had loaded the Office XP PIA -
but stupidly neglected to do this from the Visual Studio .NET 2003
CommandPrompt. I created 'unregister.bat' from register.bat by simply
replacing the "-i" with "/u" for the gacutil statements. As in:

gacutil /u assembly_display_name

After running 'unregister.bat' from the VS.NET CommandPrompt I then
ran 'register.bat' from the VS.NET CommandPrompt and - voila! -
everything miraculously worked again.

I added this post because I imagine erroneously adding anything from
the regular DOS command prompt instead of correctly through the VS.NET
CommandPrompt may well have the same - or at least similarly annoying
- result. This had me pulling my hair out - so I hope this helps at
least one other person out there.

Best,

- Rich
Nov 22 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
1 Reply


P: n/a
Thanks for the post. It lead me in the right direction.
I ran into a file
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\1033 \repairRedist.htm" which
gave me instructions on reinstalling the framework. This fixed my problem
with this ("Could not instantiate the resource processor") error when
building.

Visual Studio showed no .Net resources, the toolbox was missing all the .Net
options and server explorer was nowhere to be found. I too reinstalled and
the problem persisted.

Jist:
n:\<Installation Source>\dotnetfx.exe /t:%temp% /c:"msiexec.exe /fvecms
%temp%\netfx.msi"

thx,
Bryan

"RichW" <ri*******@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:d0*************************@posting.google.co m...
I suddenly started having this problem as well - and could not figure
it out. MSDN stated you simply had to re-install VS.NET, which I did.
However, the same problem persisted.

It appears I finally figured it out. I had loaded the Office XP PIA -
but stupidly neglected to do this from the Visual Studio .NET 2003
CommandPrompt. I created 'unregister.bat' from register.bat by simply
replacing the "-i" with "/u" for the gacutil statements. As in:

gacutil /u assembly_display_name

After running 'unregister.bat' from the VS.NET CommandPrompt I then
ran 'register.bat' from the VS.NET CommandPrompt and - voila! -
everything miraculously worked again.

I added this post because I imagine erroneously adding anything from
the regular DOS command prompt instead of correctly through the VS.NET
CommandPrompt may well have the same - or at least similarly annoying
- result. This had me pulling my hair out - so I hope this helps at
least one other person out there.

Best,

- Rich

Nov 22 '05 #2

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.