468,110 Members | 1,562 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 468,110 developers. It's quick & easy.

SoapException when reading from a Web Service on Windows 2003

Dan
Hi there,

I've got a WebService application that works fine under Windows 2000 with
Framework 1.0

Installing it on Windows 2003 results in SoapExceptions being thrown when
any of the methods are called. The error refers to a randomly named DLL
which changes each time eg :
Server was unable to process request --> File or assembly name random.dll or
one of its dependencies was not found.

WSDL requests however work - just not using the actual service.

Researching on the web throw up various posts about changing the security
permissions of the Windows\Temp and the Framework\Temporary ASP.Net files to
allow the NETWORK SERVICE full control.

I have done this - no joy. I have tried "EVERYONE" - no joy. I have changed
most of the various security policy options to see if they made any
difference. No joy.

ANy other suggestions on what security permissions to look at, or indeed
anything else that might allow me to run the application on Windows 2003?

Nov 21 '05 #1
2 1426
Dan
Dan wrote:
Hi there,

I've got a WebService application that works fine under Windows 2000
with Framework 1.0


I also can't get it to run using Framework 1.0 - it always uses 1.1 even
though I have specified in the .config to use 1.0

Grr.


Nov 21 '05 #2
Hi Dan,

Try building a new calling test program, with a new proxy.

Btw, in order to get the service to use 1.0 instead of 1.1, you need to go
into the application configuration section for the vroot/site in question.
Change the ASP.net version references here to get the service to run with
the old version.

I've been seeing this over the last week or so that I've been lurking these
boards - and I suspect that the DLL you are seeing is the serializer that
is generated on first run. Since it isn't running successfully, you're
seeing it try over and over.

Let me know if a new client works better...

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation
--------------------
From: "Dan" <ms*******@crossdata.co.uk>
References: <#V**************@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>
Subject: Re: SoapException when reading from a Web Service on Windows 2003
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:46:06 -0000
Lines: 16
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
Message-ID: <#y**************@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices
NNTP-Posting-Host: wmgate2.twi.com 64.236.228.41
Path:
cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEED01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFT NGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP12
.phx.gbl
Xref: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices:7370
X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices

Dan wrote:
Hi there,

I've got a WebService application that works fine under Windows 2000
with Framework 1.0


I also can't get it to run using Framework 1.0 - it always uses 1.1 even
though I have specified in the .config to use 1.0

Grr.



Nov 21 '05 #3

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

1 post views Thread by djmc | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Nelson P. Varghese | last post: by
reply views Thread by Jan Ove Halvorsen | last post: by
5 posts views Thread by Dadi | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Solo | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.