473,238 Members | 1,614 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,238 software developers and data experts.

Facing a Problem when I use the loadXML("<xml String>")

Hi everyone,

This is my first post to this forum, hope I would get a reply quickly :-)

Iam using loadXML(xmlString) and it is always returning "false". My code looks like this :

Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. if (window.ActiveXObject)
  2.         {
  3.          var responseXml=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM"); 
  4.         responseXml.async="false";
  5.         var wellFormedMarkup = "<g>"+string+"</g>";
  6.          alert(wellFormedMarkup);
  7.          //alert(responseXml.loadXML(wellFormedMarkup));
  8.             loaded = responseXml.loadXML(wellFormedMarkup);
  9.             alert(loaded);
  11. .......
  13. }
when I print the value for the *string*, it displays the response text.
So its not null or empty.
Where did I get deviated???
Thank You in advance.

Jun 11 '08 #1
1 1978
16,027 Expert Mod 8TB
Welcome to Bytes!

See if this example works for you. Remember that other browsers have a different method of reading/loading XML files/strings.

PS. please remember to use code tags when posting code. Thanks!
Jun 11 '08 #2

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Danny Anderson | last post by:
Hola! I am working on a program where I am including a library that came with my numerical methods textbook. The "util.h" simply includes a large number of files. I had to change the util.h...
by: Christian Schmidbauer | last post by:
Hello! I prepare my XML document like this way: ------------------------------------------------------- PrintWriter writer; Document domDocument; Element domElement; // Root tag
by: Julia | last post by:
Hi,i am trying to DeSerialize the following class from an XML string and i get "<root xmlns=''> was not expected." public class Person { private string m_Name; private string m_Phone; ...
by: andrew007 | last post by:
I do xml / xslt transformation using asp.net but I found any value (w/xml format) in xml node html-encoded to &lt and &gt format if it's > or < tag. Since I have sub xml data in a parent xml node...
by: active | last post by:
I use quickwatch on (astrThisOne <> "") and it reports: False as it should because astrThisOne reports: "" Yet If (astrThisOne <> "") Then executes the Then clause
by: rsa_net_newbie | last post by:
Hi there, I have a Managed C++ object (in a DLL) which has a method that is defined like ... Generic::List<String^>^ buildList(String^ inParm) Now, when I compile it, I get "warning C4172:...
by: dazedandconfused | last post by:
Building a site for a client, loaded it up, it works fine in Firefox but presents the below message when loading into ie 6 or ie 5, fine in 7 I think, but the client can not even view it in 7. So...
by: jariwaladivyesh | last post by:
Hi frnds, i have simple XML doc <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="test.xsl"?> <data> <name> Divyesh Jariala</name> </data>
by: ibloom | last post by:
I've been trying for a couple days to build a program using pyObjC on a mac, I'm stuck on this error: <string>: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation Traceback (most recent call...
by: jianzs | last post by:
Introduction Cloud-native applications are conventionally identified as those designed and nurtured on cloud infrastructure. Such applications, rooted in cloud technologies, skillfully benefit from...
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 7 Feb 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:30 (7.30PM). In this month's session, the creator of the excellent VBE...
by: fareedcanada | last post by:
Hello I am trying to split number on their count. suppose i have 121314151617 (12cnt) then number should be split like 12,13,14,15,16,17 and if 11314151617 (11cnt) then should be split like...
by: egorbl4 | last post by:
Скачал я git, хотел начать настройку, а там вылезло вот это Что это? Что мне с этим делать? ...
by: davi5007 | last post by:
Hi, Basically, I am trying to automate a field named TraceabilityNo into a web page from an access form. I've got the serial held in the variable strSearchString. How can I get this into the...
by: MeoLessi9 | last post by:
I have VirtualBox installed on Windows 11 and now I would like to install Kali on a virtual machine. However, on the official website, I see two options: "Installer images" and "Virtual machines"....
by: DolphinDB | last post by:
The formulas of 101 quantitative trading alphas used by WorldQuant were presented in the paper 101 Formulaic Alphas. However, some formulas are complex, leading to challenges in calculation. Take...
by: Aftab Ahmad | last post by:
So, I have written a code for a cmd called "Send WhatsApp Message" to open and send WhatsApp messaage. The code is given below. Dim IE As Object Set IE =...
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.