469,306 Members | 2,398 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,306 developers. It's quick & easy.

Members of the error class/object

What're the members of the error class/object?

Is there a complete reference to all JavaScript objects available on
the Web?

Apr 18 '06 #1
6 1302

Water Cooler v2 wrote:
What're the members of the error class/object?

Is there a complete reference to all JavaScript objects available on
the Web?


Devguru is pretty good. Here is their link. Just click "objects" at the
top to see all the objects. Each have a brief description, method
listing and small examples of each.

http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/...ipt_index.html

Apr 18 '06 #2
Thanks, Martyr2. That looks like it'll be immensely valuable for me.

Apr 18 '06 #3
Martyr2 said on 19/04/2006 3:19 AM AEST:
Water Cooler v2 wrote:
What're the members of the error class/object?

Is there a complete reference to all JavaScript objects available on
the Web?

Devguru is pretty good. Here is their link. Just click "objects" at the
top to see all the objects. Each have a brief description, method
listing and small examples of each.

http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/...ipt_index.html


That reference seems to jumble all sorts of stuff together without any
clear identification between native, built-in and host objects. Look at
their reference for a 'text' object (which refers to an input element of
type text).

It also suggests stuff like:

Syntax: object.onBlur="myJavaScriptCode"
which is very misleading - it should say something like:

Syntax: object.onBlur = functionReference or functionExpression
Try the Gecko DOM reference instead:

<URL:http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Gecko_DOM_Reference>
It's a work in progress but covers most of the DOM, it's much less
likely to mislead and links to relevant standards (even MSDN for IE-isms).
--
Rob
Group FAQ: <URL:http://www.jibbering.com/FAQ>
Apr 19 '06 #4

RobG wrote:
Martyr2 said on 19/04/2006 3:19 AM AEST:
Water Cooler v2 wrote:
What're the members of the error class/object?

Is there a complete reference to all JavaScript objects available on
the Web?

Devguru is pretty good. Here is their link. Just click "objects" at the
top to see all the objects. Each have a brief description, method
listing and small examples of each.

http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/...ipt_index.html


That reference seems to jumble all sorts of stuff together without any
clear identification between native, built-in and host objects. Look at
their reference for a 'text' object (which refers to an input element of
type text).

It also suggests stuff like:

Syntax: object.onBlur="myJavaScriptCode"
which is very misleading - it should say something like:

Syntax: object.onBlur = functionReference or functionExpression
Try the Gecko DOM reference instead:

<URL:http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Gecko_DOM_Reference>
It's a work in progress but covers most of the DOM, it's much less
likely to mislead and links to relevant standards (even MSDN for IE-isms).
--
Rob
Group FAQ: <URL:http://www.jibbering.com/FAQ>


Certainly the reference you suggested is very good, thanks. However,
one will have to be careful because it appears to be only the
Firefox/Mozilla DOM reference? Or am I mistaken?

Apr 19 '06 #5
Martyr2 said on 20/04/2006 9:28 AM AEST:
RobG wrote:

[...]
Try the Gecko DOM reference instead:

<URL:http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Gecko_DOM_Reference>
It's a work in progress but covers most of the DOM, it's much less
likely to mislead and links to relevant standards (even MSDN for IE-isms).


Certainly the reference you suggested is very good, thanks. However,
one will have to be careful because it appears to be only the
Firefox/Mozilla DOM reference? Or am I mistaken?


It's the Gecko DOM reference, though unfortunately not written by the
team that actually wrote Gecko.

There are no comprehensive references for DOM scripting that are
accurate and inclusive of all browsers. I like the Gecko reference
because most of it is applicable to any browser that implements DOM 0
and is compliant with the W3C DOM. Gecko specific features are
generally noted, as are cases where IE is known to differ.

It is not complete but it links to relevant specifications and overall
it is better than other references - unless you are after something
specific to some other browser or UA.
--
Rob
Group FAQ: <URL:http://www.jibbering.com/FAQ>
Apr 20 '06 #6
RobG wrote:
It's the Gecko DOM reference, though unfortunately not written by the
team that actually wrote Gecko.


Yes, it is. The current Gecko DOM Reference as a Wiki is based on the
previous Gecko DOM Reference which was written by those people and was
not a Wiki. (I still have that previous version on my local Web server
as I mirrored it months ago.)
PointedEars
Apr 20 '06 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

6 posts views Thread by bazley | last post: by
5 posts views Thread by StephenRichter | last post: by
6 posts views Thread by Tappy Tibbons | last post: by
14 posts views Thread by lovecreatesbea... | last post: by
10 posts views Thread by Joel | last post: by
reply views Thread by Abhishek Padmanabh | last post: by
1 post views Thread by CARIGAR | last post: by
reply views Thread by harlem98 | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.