469,360 Members | 1,726 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,360 developers. It's quick & easy.

3 column layout (text at bottom)

Hi,

I made a three column lay-out for a website, when viewing it in mozilla
it is okay, the content in the right column starts at the top. When
viewing the page in internet explorer the contents of the right column
is at the bottom of the page. Does anyone know what the reason is for
this and how I can change it to vertically align the content to the top
of the column.
You can see the website at: http://top100nederland.net/newstandaard.htm

thanks in advance,

Roderik
Jul 20 '05 #1
5 2531
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 04:31:41 +0200, Roderik <ma**@roderik.net> wrote:
Hi,

I made a three column lay-out for a website, when viewing it in mozilla
it is okay, the content in the right column starts at the top. When
viewing the page in internet explorer the contents of the right column
is at the bottom of the page. Does anyone know what the reason is for
this and how I can change it to vertically align the content to the top
of the column.
You can see the website at: http://top100nederland.net/newstandaard.htm

thanks in advance,

Roderik

1) Nearly 4 minutes to d/l the page. It's too big, and host the images
locally, that will help.

2) There are only 2 columns here. ???

3) At narrow widths in Mozilla the page screws up. Read
http://locusmeus.com/html-css/pageslipping.html
Jul 20 '05 #2
Neal wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 04:31:41 +0200, Roderik <ma**@roderik.net> wrote:
Hi,

I made a three column lay-out for a website, when viewing it in
mozilla it is okay, the content in the right column starts at the top.
When viewing the page in internet explorer the contents of the right
column is at the bottom of the page. Does anyone know what the reason
is for this and how I can change it to vertically align the content to
the top of the column.
You can see the website at: http://top100nederland.net/newstandaard.htm

thanks in advance,

Roderik
1) Nearly 4 minutes to d/l the page. It's too big, and host the images
locally, that will help.


Well, I will remove some images so you can view it much faster.
2) There are only 2 columns here. ???
Actually there are 3 columns here, but the right ones are both blue
colored. At the bottom of the right column is some text (in IE), which
should be at the top.
3) At narrow widths in Mozilla the page screws up. Read
http://locusmeus.com/html-css/pageslipping.html


No problems here in Mozilla when viewing at at least 800x600. The page
is 770px wide which will just fit in the viewport at that resolution.

But still my question, how can I get the content in the right column to
be on top of the column and not at the bottom, like it is in mozilla
firefox, but not in internet explorer.

Kind regards,

Roderik
--
http://www.archytas.nl/
webdesign, internet applicaties, internetgestuurde elektronica
Jul 20 '05 #3
Roderik wrote:
Neal wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 04:31:41 +0200, Roderik <ma**@roderik.net> wrote:
Hi,

I made a three column lay-out for a website, when viewing it in
mozilla it is okay, the content in the right column starts at the
top. When viewing the page in internet explorer the contents of the
right column is at the bottom of the page. Does anyone know what the
reason is for this and how I can change it to vertically align the
content to the top of the column.
You can see the website at: http://top100nederland.net/newstandaard.htm

thanks in advance,

Roderik



1) Nearly 4 minutes to d/l the page. It's too big, and host the images
locally, that will help.

Well, I will remove some images so you can view it much faster.

2) There are only 2 columns here. ???

Actually there are 3 columns here, but the right ones are both blue
colored. At the bottom of the right column is some text (in IE), which
should be at the top.

3) At narrow widths in Mozilla the page screws up. Read
http://locusmeus.com/html-css/pageslipping.html

No problems here in Mozilla when viewing at at least 800x600. The page
is 770px wide which will just fit in the viewport at that resolution.

But still my question, how can I get the content in the right column to
be on top of the column and not at the bottom, like it is in mozilla
firefox, but not in internet explorer.

Kind regards,

Roderik


Well it is propably because of some images that exceeds the width in the
middle column, since the problem went away when I removed some images.
Any idea if things like overflow:hidden can help?
Since the images are not chosen by me I can't control the width.

--
http://www.archytas.nl/
webdesign, internet applicaties, internetgestuurde elektronica
Jul 20 '05 #4

"Roderik" <ma**@roderik.net> wrote in message
news:40**********************@dreader2.news.tiscal i.nl...
Hi,

I made a three column lay-out for a website, when viewing it in mozilla
it is okay, the content in the right column starts at the top. When
viewing the page in internet explorer the contents of the right column
is at the bottom of the page. Does anyone know what the reason is for
this and how I can change it to vertically align the content to the top
of the column.
You can see the website at: http://top100nederland.net/newstandaard.htm

thanks in advance,

Roderik


I get a stack overflow warning while loading your page IE6.xx XP

Jul 20 '05 #5
Genomega wrote:
"Roderik" <ma**@roderik.net> wrote in message
news:40**********************@dreader2.news.tiscal i.nl...
You can see the website at:
http://top100nederland.net/newstandaard.htm I get a stack overflow warning while loading your page IE6.xx XP

Me Too!
The stack overload problem is do to the <img>s not being sized (I think).
That cured, may help with the other bit. viewing the page in internet explorer the contents of the right column
is at the bottom of the page. Does anyone know what the reason is for
this and how I can change it to vertically align the content to the top
of the column.

HTH

--
TK
www.wejuggle2.com
Still Having a Ball


-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
Jul 20 '05 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

5 posts views Thread by Jean Pion | last post: by
15 posts views Thread by Tamblyne | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by dbasch | last post: by
reply views Thread by zhoujie | last post: by
reply views Thread by suresh191 | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Marylou17 | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.