By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
438,493 Members | 1,920 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 438,493 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Opera bug workaround

P: n/a
Not strictly on-topic for an HTML group, but...

This may be of interest to anyone using mod_rewrite in combination with
mod_negotiation:

http://tranchant.plus.com/notes/content-location

--
Mark.
Jul 20 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
1 Reply


P: n/a
Mark Tranchant wrote:
Not strictly on-topic for an HTML group, but...
Agreed. Perhaps ciwa.site-design is a better choice?
x-posted, f'ups set.
This may be of interest to anyone using mod_rewrite in combination
with mod_negotiation:

http://tranchant.plus.com/notes/content-location


A couple of notes. These might be corrections, I don't know.

<quote>
I knew from reading Brad Choate’s Content-Dislocation article that
mod_negotiation forces the HTTP header Content-Location into the
output of any requests.
</quote>

I found Brad Choate's page when I was investigating the troublesome
Content-Location header. I tried his fix on my production machine
(Apache 2.0) and at my hosting company (Apache 1.3). It didn't work in
either case. I posted a note on BC's blog to that effect. It might be
something I'm doing wrong, but I thought you should know.

<quote>
A quick workaround would be to replace such links with the required
URL, so that the original code would become:
<a href="index#guitarchords">Chord on the guitar</a>

However, this might cause other browsers to re-request the file
unnecessarily....
</quote>

Instead, use this:
<a href="./#guitarchords">Chord on the guitar</a>

--
Brian (remove ".invalid" to email me)
http://www.tsmchughs.com/
Jul 20 '05 #2

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.