By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
454,236 Members | 1,453 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 454,236 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Just Upgraded - Problems...

P: n/a
Hey Guys

I have just upgraded from V8,2 to 9.1 Express C and have hit a couple
of problems.

Here we go:

I have created an app in delphi, which connects with the following
connection string:
Provider=IBMDADB2.1;Password=****;Persist Security Info=True;User
ID=USERNAME;Data Source=SMARTMUN;Location=SERVER;Mode=ReadWrite

Connection works fine...

I have an ADO dataset on one of my forms, but when I try increment an
integer value, I get the error: "Insufficient base table information
for updating or refreshing"

My table has about 100 records, 2 columns(VarChar[Primary Key] and
integer).

SQL statement: select * from generator where listfield = 'Test'

In delphi:
dataset.edit;
dataset.fieldbyname('integervalue').asInteger :=
dataset.fieldbyname('integervalue').asInteger + 1;
dataset.post; **ERROR HERE*** - "Insufficient base table information
for updating or refreshing"

dataset has cursorLocation, client, CursorType = ctStatic

Does anybody have any idea how to help. The weird thing is, it worked
fine before we updated to V9,1?????????

Thank You

Ian Mackenzie

Sep 29 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
5 Replies


P: n/a
Update:
I can run update and insert statements from SQL.
If I leave a ; off the end of the SQL statement I get a "CLI0115E:
Invalid cursor state error".
If I put it on the end, I get "Insufficient base table information"
which fires on the post command of my dataset...

I can run these in V8.2 but not V9.1... Could it be an ADO problem or
what. I am dumbstruck!!!!

Thanks

Ian Mackenzie wrote:
Hey Guys

I have just upgraded from V8,2 to 9.1 Express C and have hit a couple
of problems.

Here we go:

I have created an app in delphi, which connects with the following
connection string:
Provider=IBMDADB2.1;Password=****;Persist Security Info=True;User
ID=USERNAME;Data Source=SMARTMUN;Location=SERVER;Mode=ReadWrite

Connection works fine...

I have an ADO dataset on one of my forms, but when I try increment an
integer value, I get the error: "Insufficient base table information
for updating or refreshing"

My table has about 100 records, 2 columns(VarChar[Primary Key] and
integer).

SQL statement: select * from generator where listfield = 'Test'

In delphi:
dataset.edit;
dataset.fieldbyname('integervalue').asInteger :=
dataset.fieldbyname('integervalue').asInteger + 1;
dataset.post; **ERROR HERE*** - "Insufficient base table information
for updating or refreshing"

dataset has cursorLocation, client, CursorType = ctStatic

Does anybody have any idea how to help. The weird thing is, it worked
fine before we updated to V9,1?????????

Thank You

Ian Mackenzie
Sep 29 '06 #2

P: n/a
Ian Mackenzie wrote:
Update:
I can run update and insert statements from SQL.
If I leave a ; off the end of the SQL statement I get a "CLI0115E:
Invalid cursor state error".
Have you turned auto-commit off? Because if you don't your cursor may be
closed after the OPEN statement.

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 Information Integration Development
IBM Germany
Sep 29 '06 #3

P: n/a
Thanks for the reply...

How would I do that, turn off auto-commit??

Thanks

Ian
Knut Stolze wrote:
Ian Mackenzie wrote:
Update:
I can run update and insert statements from SQL.
If I leave a ; off the end of the SQL statement I get a "CLI0115E:
Invalid cursor state error".

Have you turned auto-commit off? Because if you don't your cursor may be
closed after the OPEN statement.

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 Information Integration Development
IBM Germany
Sep 30 '06 #4

P: n/a
Ian Mackenzie wrote:
How would I do that, turn off auto-commit??
How do you communicate with DB2? JDBC, SQLJ, CLI, embedded SQL, or
something else?

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 Information Integration Development
IBM Germany
Oct 2 '06 #5

P: n/a
I have reverted back to V8.2 and everthing seems to be working fine...
Thanks for the help.

Knut Stolze wrote:
Ian Mackenzie wrote:
How would I do that, turn off auto-commit??

How do you communicate with DB2? JDBC, SQLJ, CLI, embedded SQL, or
something else?

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 Information Integration Development
IBM Germany
Oct 2 '06 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.