469,602 Members | 1,795 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,602 developers. It's quick & easy.

Setting env variable in DB2 env

Hi
I am trying to set an env. variable by exporting in unix environment on
DB2.
I am using export var_name=ON, but it is not taking the value of the
var_name.
This thing is working fine when I am doing it on a simple c++ program
and retieving it by using getenv() function.
Can anyone help me in getting the solution how to set an env variable
in db2
zeeshan

Jul 6 '06 #1
6 4046
In article <11**********************@j8g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
sh*********@gmail.com says...
Hi
I am trying to set an env. variable by exporting in unix environment on
DB2.
I am using export var_name=ON, but it is not taking the value of the
var_name.
This thing is working fine when I am doing it on a simple c++ program
and retieving it by using getenv() function.
Can anyone help me in getting the solution how to set an env variable
in db2
zeeshan

Check the description of the DB2ENVLIST variable at
http://tinyurl.com/jah5m
Jul 6 '06 #2
Hi thanks for the reply but I am not able to access this link.
Can you help me?
Gert van der Kooij wrote:
In article <11**********************@j8g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
sh*********@gmail.com says...
Hi
I am trying to set an env. variable by exporting in unix environment on
DB2.
I am using export var_name=ON, but it is not taking the value of the
var_name.
This thing is working fine when I am doing it on a simple c++ program
and retieving it by using getenv() function.
Can anyone help me in getting the solution how to set an env variable
in db2
zeeshan

Check the description of the DB2ENVLIST variable at
http://tinyurl.com/jah5m
Jul 6 '06 #3
Gert van der Kooij wrote:
In article <11**********************@j8g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
sh*********@gmail.com says...
>Hi
I am trying to set an env. variable by exporting in unix environment on
DB2.
I am using export var_name=ON, but it is not taking the value of the
var_name.
This thing is working fine when I am doing it on a simple c++ program
and retieving it by using getenv() function.
Can anyone help me in getting the solution how to set an env variable
in db2
zeeshan


Check the description of the DB2ENVLIST variable at
http://tinyurl.com/jah5m
Information Center: Reference->Registry and environment
variables->System environent

Cheers
Serge
--
Serge Rielau
DB2 Solutions Development
IBM Toronto Lab

IOD Conference
http://www.ibm.com/software/data/ond...ness/conf2006/
Jul 6 '06 #4
hi please tell me exactly what to do for setting the env. variable .
I am not able to understand in the document.
zeeshan
Serge Rielau wrote:
Gert van der Kooij wrote:
In article <11**********************@j8g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
sh*********@gmail.com says...
Hi
I am trying to set an env. variable by exporting in unix environment on
DB2.
I am using export var_name=ON, but it is not taking the value of the
var_name.
This thing is working fine when I am doing it on a simple c++ program
and retieving it by using getenv() function.
Can anyone help me in getting the solution how to set an env variable
in db2
zeeshan

Check the description of the DB2ENVLIST variable at
http://tinyurl.com/jah5m
Information Center: Reference->Registry and environment
variables->System environent

Cheers
Serge
--
Serge Rielau
DB2 Solutions Development
IBM Toronto Lab

IOD Conference
http://www.ibm.com/software/data/ond...ness/conf2006/
Jul 6 '06 #5
sh*********@gmail.com wrote:
hi please tell me exactly what to do for setting the env. variable .
I am not able to understand in the document.
This variable lists specific variable names for either stored procedures or
user-defined functions. By default, the db2start command filters out all
user environment variables except those prefixed with DB2 or db2. If
specific environment variables must be passed to either stored procedures
or user-defined functions, you can list the variable names in the
DB2ENVLIST environment variable. Separate each variable name by one or more
spaces.

What exactly have you tried after reading the document?

$ db2set DB2ENVLIST=var_name
$ export var_name=ON
$ db2start

Jul 6 '06 #6
Hi Darin ,
Thanks for the info.
Do I have to give the below mentioned command on the command prompt
directly before running the application?
Best Regards,
Zeeshan

Darin McBride wrote:
sh*********@gmail.com wrote:
hi please tell me exactly what to do for setting the env. variable .
I am not able to understand in the document.

This variable lists specific variable names for either stored procedures or
user-defined functions. By default, the db2start command filters out all
user environment variables except those prefixed with DB2 or db2. If
specific environment variables must be passed to either stored procedures
or user-defined functions, you can list the variable names in the
DB2ENVLIST environment variable. Separate each variable name by one or more
spaces.

What exactly have you tried after reading the document?

$ db2set DB2ENVLIST=var_name
$ export var_name=ON
$ db2start
Jul 6 '06 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

2 posts views Thread by skeeterbug | last post: by
8 posts views Thread by David McDivitt | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Darrel | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by Fred Exley | last post: by
41 posts views Thread by Jim | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by guiromero | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.