By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
459,200 Members | 1,761 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 459,200 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Lebans ReportToPDF - missing line of report

P: n/a
I have been using Lebans ReportToPDF code for a couple months without
problems. We recently changed the format of the invoice and now the
first line of the detail section of my report is missing 2 of the 9
fields. The rest of the report is fine.

In looking at his website there is a version note on 2/21/06 indicating

he fixed the "missing lines produced by the report line tool issue". I

am wondering if this was the problem I am describing.

I am pretty sure I have the most current version of his program - 7.51
dated 2/21/06, with the strStorage.dll with a creation date of 3/22/06.
Has anyone else run into this problem? Or maybe Stephen can help me
out. My programming skills are limited and I am not even sure where to

start to figure this out. Any comments would be appreciated.

Sandy

Sep 24 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
6 Replies


P: n/a
Your issue has nothing to do with the "missing lines produced by the report
line tool issue" fix for ReportToPDF.

Manually export the Report to Snapshot format. Examine the resultant file in
the Snapshot viewer. Are the fields still missing on the first line of the
Detail section?
--

HTH
Stephen Lebans
http://www.lebans.com
Access Code, Tips and Tricks
Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
<ld******@yahoo.comwrote in message
news:11**********************@i42g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
>I have been using Lebans ReportToPDF code for a couple months without
problems. We recently changed the format of the invoice and now the
first line of the detail section of my report is missing 2 of the 9
fields. The rest of the report is fine.

In looking at his website there is a version note on 2/21/06 indicating

he fixed the "missing lines produced by the report line tool issue". I

am wondering if this was the problem I am describing.

I am pretty sure I have the most current version of his program - 7.51
dated 2/21/06, with the strStorage.dll with a creation date of 3/22/06.
Has anyone else run into this problem? Or maybe Stephen can help me
out. My programming skills are limited and I am not even sure where to

start to figure this out. Any comments would be appreciated.

Sandy

Sep 24 '06 #2

P: n/a
I tested the report by exporting it to a snapshot file and the data
does appear in the file. I also stepped through the code and looked at
the snapshot file that your code creates in the temp folder, and it too
contains the all the data.

Any other suggestions? Could it have anything to do with properties of
those fields or the fact I am using vertical lines to create columns on
the invoice?

Sandy

Sep 24 '06 #3

P: n/a
Can you Email me the Snapshotfile so I can test it here?

My*********@MyLastName.com
--

HTH
Stephen Lebans
http://www.lebans.com
Access Code, Tips and Tricks
Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
<ld******@yahoo.comwrote in message
news:11*********************@h48g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
>I tested the report by exporting it to a snapshot file and the data
does appear in the file. I also stepped through the code and looked at
the snapshot file that your code creates in the temp folder, and it too
contains the all the data.

Any other suggestions? Could it have anything to do with properties of
those fields or the fact I am using vertical lines to create columns on
the invoice?

Sandy

Sep 24 '06 #4

P: n/a
MLH
I've only been using it a few days. So far, I love it.
Haven't noticed any dropped data. But I only use
it to create electronic copies of documents printed
for archival purposes. I don't usually open these
files unless a document that was supposed to come
out of the printer failed to come out, was marred,
scrunched or otherwise misprinted.
Sep 25 '06 #5

P: n/a
MLH
Did you just add these vertical lines and THEN
start noticing the problem? Or, where the vertical
lines there in the report during the couple of months
during which you experienced NO problems with
use of Lebans' code?
Sep 25 '06 #6

P: n/a
It was a Z order/transparency issue. The OP resolved it be enusuring the
TextBox controls were "brought to front". I aske them to try the latest
version of the DynaPDF libbrary, available free to download from
www.dynaforms.com. It resolved the initial issue. I'll add this newer
version of the DynaPDF library to the ReportToPDF archive soon.

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans
http://www.lebans.com
Access Code, Tips and Tricks
Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
"MLH" <CR**@NorthState.netwrote in message
news:tl********************************@4ax.com...
I've only been using it a few days. So far, I love it.
Haven't noticed any dropped data. But I only use
it to create electronic copies of documents printed
for archival purposes. I don't usually open these
files unless a document that was supposed to come
out of the printer failed to come out, was marred,
scrunched or otherwise misprinted.

Sep 25 '06 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.