473,544 Members | 1,954 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Latest Bytes Forum

Support forums for various IT topics. Programming languages, databases, systems, applications and more. Subscribe to a community, participate, ask, share your expertise and network.

thread by: FAQPoster | last post Nov 12 '05 by: FAQPoster
An HTML version of this document is available at: http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm Feeling left out? Alone? Wondering why everyone's ignoring you? Or why you're being flamed for what you deemed an innocent post? The following tips will not only help you, they will help us help you. Please note: The latest changes to this...
thread by: Michael Charney | last post Nov 12 '05 by: Michael Charney
Using vba & sql how can I update a table and not have any duplicates put the table? Situation: I have a table that has customer records in it. I want to update the table from linked tables that have customer records, but do not want duplicate records. If customer 12345 is already in the table I do not want it added again. Michael Charney
thread by: Cledwyn | last post Nov 12 '05 by: Cledwyn
Currently running Access2002 database with multiple(20+) linked tables to Oracle 8i tables and views. I routenely get the following message "ODBC --connection to '{Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}SERVERID' failed" I have searched extensively and the only posting I can find is at support.microsoft.com, KB# 325835. Which states that it is a...
thread by: tom | last post Nov 12 '05 by: tom
Hey All, We are hosting our Access XP application via Citrix and are having some confusion about memory. The Citrix server has 2GB of RAM, and what we are perceiving is that only a fraction of this appears to be utilized by Access/Jet before it starts swapping in and out memory paging files. Is there any way to change this behavior to have...
thread by: TheAd01 | last post Nov 12 '05 by: TheAd01
In an Access97 application I fetch data from an Oracle database via a linked table (via Odbc/sqlnet). The Oracle database now upgrades from 7.3 to 8.0. The Oracle odbc driver I use (2.0.3.1, supplied with 7.3) always worked fine on all Nt4 workstations. Now with the 8.0 db an odbc error occurs when the db is contacted: {ODBC Oracle...
thread by: Smythe32 | last post Nov 12 '05 by: Smythe32
Hi All, I have a column in the table called Week End and it needs to be populated with the previous Saturday's date. I would like to accomplish this without selecting the date or inputting the date. This would happen every week when I run the reports. Can anyone help?
thread by: FAQPoster | last post Nov 12 '05 by: FAQPoster
An HTML version of this document is available at: http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm Feeling left out? Alone? Wondering why everyone's ignoring you? Or why you're being flamed for what you deemed an innocent post? The following tips will not only help you, they will help us help you. Please note: The latest changes to this...
thread by: temp795 | last post Nov 20 '05 by: temp795
Hi all I am acutally using VB6, I couldn't find the posting for vb6. I have created a service that runs in noninteractive mode. My problem is this, when a user is logged in and I need to launch another application to perform some functions. However since the service is in noninterative mode it lauches the secondary program using the same mode. ...
thread by: Loren | last post Nov 20 '05 by: Loren
I am using parity error checking as I receive data into the input buffer from the comm port. The data I receive consists of a parity error, followed by received data, followed by a parity error. I can detect the first parity error, and then the following data is processed without a parity error, just like it should be, but then the last...
thread by: Rahul Patel | last post Nov 20 '05 by: Rahul Patel
i had create one report with subreport and section with drilldown. the subreport is display on user click event i.e on demand subreport. now while i can the subreport in crystal viewer but while press the print button the subreport was not printed instead the main report page is beeing printed, the same will happens with drill down page....
thread by: SQLCE Server | last post Nov 20 '05 by: SQLCE Server
Not sure this is the right group to post to - but any help would be appreciated. I'm developing in VB.NET Compact Framework. I want to be able to pull data out of a SQLCE database on the mobile device. I've created the .SDF database file - the application can connect to it. My question comes from a great deal of inexperience with the...
thread by: Atara | last post Nov 20 '05 by: Atara
I have a file path that contains unicode characters. e.g: "C:\vs2003\OutputDir???\mc_data\" I want to translate this string to HTML with unicode characters: e.g: "C:\vs2003\OutputDirאבג\data\" I tried strPath = System.Web.HttpUtility.HtmlEncode(strPath) but it did not work. I suppose I can create bytes from strPath and if I get (ascii >...
thread by: Gary | last post Nov 20 '05 by: Gary
Hi, I would like to display a form and draw some line graphics on the form, and do all of this from a "console" program. I would like control to remain with the console program before, during, and after the form is displayed (i.e. I don't want to switch to an event driven model). Is there a way to do this? Is there some sample code...
thread by: graham | last post Nov 20 '05 by: graham
Hi there, Can anyone help me with a definitive solution to the problem I have. I know this is much revisitied ground, and I have read a number of articles.. but I still can;t get this binding to work. Let me explain... I have a form which displays records from a dataset in a textboxes.
thread by: Keith | last post Jun 8 '06 by: Keith
I have a repeater control that contains a HeaderTemplate and an ItemTemplate. Each item contains a checkbox with an ID of chkReconciled, and the header contains a single checkbox with an ID of chkAll. I simply want to have chkAll be checked if every item in the repeater has its checkbox checked. In the code behind page, I can access the...
thread by: papab2000 | last post Jun 8 '06 by: papab2000
Before editing my db I did an export and have that file on my local machine. I messed up and deleted a table somehow and am trying to import the back up back in but it keeps telling me the data already exists and will not overwrite. I have full permissions. Do I have to delete my db's to restore or is there a command I can use to just import...
thread by: MMA | last post Jun 8 '06 by: MMA
I have a class LoginResult defined with at my webservice, and is the return type for a webmethod. However in the Reference.cs file on the client end LoginResult def is without this attribute together with a whole bunch of other missing properties. I understand the contract established only creates a skeleton of whats coming over, but is...
thread by: kosecki | last post Nov 6 '06 by: kosecki
hello, I can't find any information how to disable topleftheadercell in datagridview. Visible method is readonly. Please help PK
thread by: PsyBorg | last post Nov 6 '06 by: PsyBorg
This is not entirely a PHP question although it is based in PHP. I have been creating a site, where I want the visitors to see the visited links as "Crossed Out" using CSS. However, I also want this effect to disappear after about 18 hours, so I used a PHP cookie to read when the last time the user visited the site was, and change the CSS so...
thread by: Steve Moreno | last post Nov 6 '06 by: Steve Moreno
I have a web app that I've developed on an XP Pro workstation and the app uses AD to grab the user's AD info like address, email, phone, etc... The app also allows these users to create an Excel file and email it as an attachment to other selected users. The problem is this: On my development workstation everything works fine. The AD works...
thread by: Prashanth Rao | last post May 15 '07 by: Prashanth Rao
Hi, How do i place the Custom Text box which is having Masked fields, in the grid. And also after placing the textbox how to trigger 'TextChanged' event ? Thanks in Advance, Prashanth Rao
thread by: usr12 | last post May 15 '07 by: usr12
Hi all I'm using VB6.want to display data from two tables in my database in a grid ,here is a sample of my tables and what i want the grid to be as: acc_cat table: acat---------------acattitle 110 ----------------- Cash & bank 120------------------ Trading receivable 140------------------ Inventory 150----------------- Assets...
thread by: Jon Dobson | last post Jul 23 '07 by: Jon Dobson
I'm trying to set sys.ps1 and sys.ps2 with some formatting (linux) using: python -i -c 'import sys; sys.ps1="\033[1m\033[32mspy>\033[0m";sys.ps2="\033[1m\033[32m .\033[0m"' I get the colored prompt(s) as you might expect, but I'm getting some strange behavior with wrapping. Once the interactive command gets long enough to wrap, it wraps...
thread by: David C | last post Nov 17 '08 by: David C
We have a user getting an error message as follows: Error executing child request for handler 'ASP.frmpropertyclosings_aspx'. The line in the code-behind page that is causing the error is below. If Not Page.PreviousPage Is Nothing Then I cannot figure out why this error is occurring and wondered if anybody had any ideas. Below is the...
thread by: polilop | last post Nov 17 '08 by: polilop
I have a stored procedure in my web application that goes on for long time, which couses IE to : So i thought to enable the user to run the stored procedure in a background thread (which will fill a temporary table with data), return the http response, which tells the user the program started. Then the user can check if the program has...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.