473,424 Members | 1,735 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,424 software developers and data experts.

problem with mail function

118 100+
hi,

i run the below code i got the below error when i run in my local system.And i placed same program in website it works fine.plz tell that what's the mistake in that.

[php]

<?php
$to ="aa@gmail.com";
$subject = "Site Registration Confirmation";
$message = '<html>
<head>
<title>Site Registration Confirmation</title>
</head>
<body style=font-family:verdana, arial; font-size: .8em;>
You filled out a registration form
<br/><br/>
</body>
</html>';
//headers type to sent the mail
$headers = "MIME-Version: 1.0\n";
$headers .= "Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\n";
$headers .= "X-Priority: 3\n";
$headers .= "X-MSMail-Priority: Normal\n";
// from address is take what ever we want
$from = "me@example.com";
$headers .= "From: $from";
//mail function
mail($to,$subject,$message,$headers);
?>

[/php]

error :Warning: mail(): "sendmail_from" not set in php.ini or custom "From:" header missing in e:\project\DataMining\mailcheck.php on line 22
Jul 21 '08 #1
3 1459
ak1dnar
1,584 Expert 1GB
Please read about the mail function's additional header parameters here Good luck.
Jul 21 '08 #2
First of all you go to php.ini and change the "sendmail_from" to your email id.... and want to more about plz click http://in.php.net/function.mail
Jul 22 '08 #3
Atli
5,058 Expert 4TB
The highlights of which would be that the additional headers must include a From header, whether that is set in the additional_headers parameter or via the php.ini directive.
Jul 23 '08 #4

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Bruce W...1 | last post by:
In my effort to learn PHP I'm playing with some simple email scripts. They worked a few days ago but they stopped working. The only thing I've done to this Windows 2000 PC in this time was a...
by: S_p_ike | last post by:
Hi all, I have a problem with mail with attachments. To send e-mail with attachments from a form, I use Setec Astronomy's libmail class (v 1.4) (available here http://www.phpclasses.org/) ...
by: Rafal Zawadzki | last post by:
Hello again. Mail() function in my php doesn't work. I've got very simple script: <? mail("bluszcz@jabberpl.org","Test","Test"); ?>
by: Steve Horrillo | last post by:
I can't figure out why this script won't insert the subject in the email and why can't I control the font and size being used? I'm not sure where to post this. Let me know where if this is OT. ...
by: John | last post by:
Hi First of all apologies for posting so much code but this is rather involved and I am totally stumped. Basically I have a main form (Staff Batch SMS/E-Mail) which calls a function (SendSMS) in...
by: Bart Stes | last post by:
Hey guys, I'm try to write a very simple winform app that allows the users to send an email. I use the System.Web.Mail MailMessage class for this. But when it comes to adding an attachment,...
by: tangus via DotNetMonster.com | last post by:
Hello all, I'm really struggling with getting some Active Directory code to work in ASP.NET. Can you please provide assistance? I am executing the following code: Dim enTry As DirectoryEntry =...
by: k.visube | last post by:
In my ASP application,i need to send a formatted text mail (i.e with newline characters). here in my application i used a function in javascript which construts the mail body sample snippet ...
by: Mitul | last post by:
Hello Friend, I am having very strange problem with mail function. As I have to implement Newsletter things in my hebrew site. I have implemented everything but having problem with subject line...
Dormilich
by: Dormilich | last post by:
this is a follow-up thread to this one. http://bytes.com/topic/html-css/answers/863662-form-not-submitted-sometimes I figured out that the mail sending class triggers the described error....
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.