473,543 Members | 2,026 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

How to identify the specific DB2 version installed in a system and restore a db to that.

Hi All,

Now I have some other question.
Our application installs DB2 Express Edition C V9.0 and then restores
the master database.
But there are other lower versions of DB2 in the client systems
already installed.
DB2 Express C is getting installed into it but the problem comes while
restoring the database.
Its throwing exceptions.

-- Our plan is to identify Express C command prompt and restore the db
through it.
We have identified the specific folder that contains DB2 Express C --
CLP exe file but its name will not be specific for all the systems
depending on the number of other versions in it.

Cud u give help me in this issue????/\

Thanq,
Dutt........... .........

Sep 14 '07 #1
1 3346
On Sep 14, 2:12 pm, Dutt <Mr.D...@gmail. comwrote:
Hi All,

Now I have some other question.
Our application installs DB2 Express Edition C V9.0 and then restores
the master database.
But there are other lower versions of DB2 in the client systems
already installed.
DB2 Express C is getting installed into it but the problem comes while
restoring the database.
Its throwing exceptions.

-- Our plan is to identify Express C command prompt and restore the db
through it.
We have identified the specific folder that contains DB2 Express C --
CLP exe file but its name will not be specific for all the systems
depending on the number of other versions in it.

Cud u give help me in this issue????/\

Thanq,
Dutt........... .........
####
If you are on Linux, use db2ls -a command to identify the versions
installed.

deogirikar.
#####

Sep 19 '07 #2

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Richard Sherratt | last post by:
I'm trying to rebuild from a meltdown. I'm using disk backup files. I could have sworn that I had SQL Server 2000 SP3 installed on the old machine, but maybe not. With SP3 installed, I get a message along the lines that the restore can't be done because the backup was created using server version 134218262 and this server is version...
by: blegs38552 | last post by:
My computer currently has Visual C++ .NET Standard 2003 installed in Windows XP Home Edition, running inside of Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003. I recently acquired Visual Basic.net Standard Version 2002. When I tried to install this, it first required me to run the Microsoft Windows Component Update, and then to install the program. I...
by: j.b.messina | last post by:
This has not yet been published by Microsoft. It will be published within the next few weeks, mainly because I asked them to. I felt this was information badly needed, and I think this is the best group to share this information. A co-worker and I were able to determine how to tell exactly what version of .NET Framework is installed. We...
by: Eduardo M?ndez | last post by:
I've got a backup from a product that needs to be evaluated, and probably migrated to an actual database engine but the trial version available on IBM site (8.1 I think) can't restore the backup: SQL2514N The RESTORE was not successful. The backup used to restore the database contained a database with a release number that is not compatible...
by: Lloyd Sheen | last post by:
Never mind what they tell you. Just installed 2.0 beta and no more 1.1. Tried to run simple ASP app and doesn't work anymore. Ran aspnet_regiss -i but to no avail. So anyone who tells you they run side by side needs to be put in the stocks with the spammers. No I can only hope that a system restore will fix this. Lloyd Sheen
by: Michel | last post by:
Hi, I wrote an app in .Net and I whant only 1 instance of this app open for the user; the user open my app, do some works and try to open another instance of my app, I whant to show a message to user to inform him that only one instance is permit and then close the second instance after that. I am able to do this when the user run the...
by: aki27 | last post by:
Is there a way to find the platform and compiler name during compile time so that conditional compilation can be performed in C? thanks.
by: Mahmoud Al-Qudsi | last post by:
Hello, I'm trying to identify whether my C# .NET 2.0 application is running on a Windows x64 or x86 version. I'm trying to avoid checking the version numbers because this will have to work on Vista too, which shares identical build numbers for x64 and x86. I'm currently using this:
by: dannat | last post by:
Hi all, I have an issue which I could use some help with: On a UNIX system, I have multiple copies(and different versions) of DB2 installed. Is there a way to figure out the version of each installation if I know the installation folder? I know db2level could do this, but it needs to have an instance created. I'm looking for a way to find the...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However, people are often confused as to whether an ONU can Work As a Router. In this blog post, we’ll explore What is ONU, What Is Router, ONU & Router’s main...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers, it seems that the internal comparison operator "<=>" tries to promote arguments from unsigned to signed. This is as boiled down as I can make it. ...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven tapestry of website design and digital marketing. It's not merely about having a website; it's about crafting an immersive digital experience that...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows Update option using the Control Panel or Settings app; it automatically checks for updates and installs any it finds, whether you like it or not. For...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new presenter, Adolph Dupré who will be discussing some powerful techniques for using class modules. He will explain when you may want to use classes...
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert...
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The last exercise I practiced was to create a LAN-to-LAN VPN between two Pfsense firewalls, by using IPSEC protocols. I succeeded, with both firewalls in...
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated we have to send another system

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.