473,788 Members | 2,719 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Automating Source Safe

Is it possible to automate Source Safe the way Office is
automated by writing your own code? What I would like to do is
to create some code to enhance Source Safe, to customize it.

There is an official object model for Office. Does one like it
exist for Source Safe?

/Peter
Nov 15 '05 #1
4 7314
Peter,

I believe that there is an Automation object model for Source Safe, but
I don't think it is like the Office model. However, because there is an
Automation object model for it, you should be able to access the components
of Source Safe easily using COM interop in .NET.

Looking in the library for MSDN, if you search for "SourceSafe " and
"Automation ", you will get a number of hits. Check out the article titled
"Microsoft Visual SourceSafe OLE Automation", located at (watch for line
wrap):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...sdn_vssole.asp

Hope this helps.
--
- Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
- nick(dot)paldin o=at=exisconsul ting<dot>com

"Peter Tragardh" <pe************ @hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Xn******** *************** ***********@207 .46.248.16...

exist for Source Safe?

/Peter

Nov 15 '05 #2
Peter, yes, it is possible. Add a reference in your project to "Microsoft
Sourcesafe 6.0 Type Library". That will give you access to all of the SS
objects.

--
Greg Ewing [MVP]
http://www.claritycon.com/

exist for Source Safe?

/Peter

Nov 15 '05 #3
"Greg Ewing [MVP]" <gewing@_NO_SPA M_claritycon.co m> wrote in
news:Oa******** ******@TK2MSFTN GP10.phx.gbl:
Peter, yes, it is possible. Add a reference in your project to
"Microsoft Sourcesafe 6.0 Type Library". That will give you access to
all of the SS objects.

I've been looking at automatin Office with C# and found the Primary
Interop Assemblies for it. Does anything similar exist for MSS 6.0?
Nov 15 '05 #4
Peter, no, not yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they were released at some
point though.

--
Greg Ewing [MVP]
http://www.claritycon.com/
"Greg Ewing [MVP]" <gewing@_NO_SPA M_claritycon.co m> wrote in
news:Oa******** ******@TK2MSFTN GP10.phx.gbl:
Peter, yes, it is possible. Add a reference in your project to
"Microsoft Sourcesafe 6.0 Type Library". That will give you access to
all of the SS objects.

I've been looking at automatin Office with C# and found the Primary
Interop Assemblies for it. Does anything similar exist for MSS 6.0?

Nov 15 '05 #5

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Job Lot | last post by:
I am having loads of problem using vb.net project under visual source safe. I’ll start with How can I exclude source safe information from the project when I take a copy of project home? I don’t have source safe on my home pc. Every time I open project at home it gives me missing source safe file error. This is really annoying. How can I fix this? Thanks
by: Lou | last post by:
Ok, I added my prject to source safe. It worked good for a week, then, one time I couldn't get to source safe and VB propmted to work offline, no I can't get any of my files back into source safe. Its as if the project is now disconnected from source safe. if I run source safe the start my VB app, I never get the source safe login??? -Lou
by: yoda | last post by:
Hi Guys, I've been used to deploying code to the production server by checking out of subversion and manually sorting out any kinks. (yes, I know, it sounds primitive) I realize I'm losing so much time I could spend more productively. I'd therefore like to know the different approaches you guys employ to deploy builds from your staging servers (or laptops:) to the production server in an automated repeatable safe manner.
by: Darren Clark | last post by:
HOw do i get source safe working with .net? I have source safe the server setup on our server... however on my machine when i go File > Source Control > All options are always greyed out. do i have to install the source safe client on my machine? i thought visual studio .net woudl at the very least have the client installed by default. I dont want to install visual studio 6 again.
by: gm | last post by:
Immediately after generating the Access application from the Source Safe project I get: "-2147467259 Could not use ''; file already in use." If Access database closed and then reopened I get: "-2147467259 The database has been place in a state by user 'Admin' on machine ..... that prevents it from being opened or locked."
by: WebSnozz | last post by:
I would like to add my binaries from the Release directory of several projects to source safe. My hope is that I can get latest, build the project, and then check-in so that the binaries are updated in source safe, and then can be used by others who are creating installers from those release binaries. I can add the files directly through the source safe client, but I prefer to use the VSS features through the VS IDE. If I add the...
by: johnlim20088 | last post by:
Hi, Currently I have 6 web projects located in Visual Source Safe 6.0, as usual, everytime I will open solution file located in my local computer, connected to source safe, then check out/check in some files and work on it. Let say, I want add new page to web project named websiteOrder.sln, i will open websiteOrder.sln in my local computer, connected to websiteOrder.sln located in Visual Source Safe 6.0(source safe located in another...
by: bharathreddy | last post by:
This Article gives an introduction to VSTS Team Foundation & fundamental difference between Visual Source Safe (VSS) and VSTS Team Foundation. Team Foundation is a set of tools and technologies that enable a team to collaborate and coordinate a project (software or non software projects). The team collaboration is achieved by several tools and features available as part of "Team Foundation". Team Foundation Server The Team...
by: Desmond | last post by:
I used Source safe in Visual Studio 6 (2001) However in .net 2008 after installing it there seems to be no sign of any source safe. Has this been dis-continued. If not how do I set it all up. Desmond.
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However, people are often confused as to whether an ONU can Work As a Router. In this blog post, we’ll explore What is ONU, What Is Router, ONU & Router’s main usage, and What is the difference between ONU and Router. Let’s take a closer look ! Part I. Meaning of...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can effortlessly switch the default language on Windows 10 without reinstalling. I'll walk you through it. First, let's disable language synchronization. With a Microsoft account, language settings sync across devices. To prevent any complications,...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers, it seems that the internal comparison operator "<=>" tries to promote arguments from unsigned to signed. This is as boiled down as I can make it. Here is my compilation command: g++-12 -std=c++20 -Wnarrowing bit_field.cpp Here is the code in...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven tapestry of website design and digital marketing. It's not merely about having a website; it's about crafting an immersive digital experience that captivates audiences and drives business growth. The Art of Business Website Design Your website is...
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each protocol has its own unique characteristics and advantages, but as a user who is planning to build a smart home system, I am a bit confused by the choice of these technologies. I'm particularly interested in Zigbee because I've heard it does some...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then launch it, all on its own.... Now, this would greatly impact the work of software developers. The idea...
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated we have to send another system
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence can significantly impact your brand's success. BSMN Consultancy, a leader in Website Development in Toronto offers valuable insights into creating effective websites that not only look great but also perform exceptionally well. In this comprehensive...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.