By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
458,051 Members | 1,203 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 458,051 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Ctrl+Y invokes Delete Current Line instead of Redo...

P: n/a
Instead of Ctrl+Y redoing what's stored in 'future history', it
REPLACES that information (which will then be forever lost) with a new
command: delete current line. This shortcut is so ridiculous I
actually contemplated that I must have accidentally changed it to this
myself, but I don't see how that could have possibly happened.

Where can I / should I report this?

It doesn't exist in Visual C# .NET, so it's not generic to VS .NET.

Zytan

Feb 2 '07 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
21 Replies


P: n/a
Maybe you can use your Passport login & login to http://beta.microsoft.com &
report it there

If that is wrong then maybe the beta group with let you know the correct
site.

Not sure where else to suggest.

--
Newbie Coder
(It's just a name)
Feb 2 '07 #2

P: n/a
Zytan wrote:
Instead of Ctrl+Y redoing what's stored in 'future history', it
REPLACES that information (which will then be forever lost) with a new
command: delete current line. This shortcut is so ridiculous I
actually contemplated that I must have accidentally changed it to this
myself, but I don't see how that could have possibly happened.

Where can I / should I report this?
If you've configured the IDE to use the Visual Basic 6 keys (in
Tools/Options/Environment/Keyboard) then it's picking up the standard
behaviour of Ctrl+Y from VB6, which is indeed "delete line." Ctrl+Y is
commonly used in a number of application to mean "Delete Line", usually with
Ctrl+Shift+Z as Redo.

(FWIW, I agree, I use Ctrl+Y as Redo as well and hate the fact that by
default it deletes lines in VB).

It's only a few seconds' work to remap the shortcut to Redo.

I strongly suspect that if you reported this to Microsoft as a bug, they
would just tell you that it is "by design," which, really, it is.

--

(O)enone
Feb 2 '07 #3

P: n/a
Maybe you can use your Passport login & login tohttp://beta.microsoft.com&
report it there
Going through that is like trekking through a muddy marsh at night
time. I wish they could just make it easier. I have about 50 things
to report. They pop up every 5 seconds, it seems. Is it possible to
report bugs just to the newsgroup, and have Microsofties deal with it
themselves?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Zytan

Feb 2 '07 #4

P: n/a
Oenone,
If you've configured the IDE to use the Visual Basic 6 keys (in
Tools/Options/Environment/Keyboard) then it's picking up the standard
behaviour of Ctrl+Y from VB6, which is indeed "delete line." Ctrl+Y is
commonly used in a number of application to mean "Delete Line", usually with
Ctrl+Shift+Z as Redo.
Actually, VB 2005 Express doesn't have any such option. I am
surprised. All it has is (Default).

This is the first app that I've seen use Ctrl+Y as delete line. But I
understand that, just by looking at the keyboard shortcut changes from
version to version in VS that it's all pretty much up for grabs. They
just set them to whatever. Cut 'n Paste and F1 are about the only
things that are guaranteed to work. Even F2 doesn't work -- dammit.
It's enough to drive someone insane.

(FWIW, I agree, I use Ctrl+Y as Redo as well and hate the fact that by
default it deletes lines in VB).

It's only a few seconds' work to remap the shortcut to Redo.
Yup, already done. I just hate this, since what happens on the next
machine with VB on it... they are all different. Keyboard mapping is
soooo important, and it's just an afterthought for the designers.

I strongly suspect that if you reported this to Microsoft as a bug, they
would just tell you that it is "by design," which, really, it is.
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. It should be a bug. UI issues are
bugs. The ignorance on this issue is very frustrating.

Zytan

Feb 2 '07 #5

P: n/a
On Feb 2, 12:21 pm, "Zytan" <zytanlith...@yahoo.comwrote:
Oenone,
If you've configured the IDE to use the Visual Basic 6 keys (in
Tools/Options/Environment/Keyboard) then it's picking up the standard
behaviour of Ctrl+Y from VB6, which is indeed "delete line." Ctrl+Y is
commonly used in a number of application to mean "Delete Line", usually with
Ctrl+Shift+Z as Redo.

Actually, VB 2005 Express doesn't have any such option. I am
surprised. All it has is (Default).

This is the first app that I've seen use Ctrl+Y as delete line. But I
understand that, just by looking at the keyboard shortcut changes from
version to version in VS that it's all pretty much up for grabs. They
just set them to whatever. Cut 'n Paste and F1 are about the only
things that are guaranteed to work. Even F2 doesn't work -- dammit.
It's enough to drive someone insane.
(FWIW, I agree, I use Ctrl+Y as Redo as well and hate the fact that by
default it deletes lines in VB).
It's only a few seconds' work to remap the shortcut to Redo.

Yup, already done. I just hate this, since what happens on the next
machine with VB on it... they are all different. Keyboard mapping is
soooo important, and it's just an afterthought for the designers.
I strongly suspect that if you reported this to Microsoft as a bug, they
would just tell you that it is "by design," which, really, it is.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. It should be a bug. UI issues are
bugs. The ignorance on this issue is very frustrating.

Zytan
One could argue that it's not a bug. CTRL-Y has stood for Delete Line
since the IDE's available in DOS! One could argue that changing to
Redo is the bug!
Feb 2 '07 #6

P: n/a
Microsoft only responds to posts in the managed newsgroups for people with
MSDN support. They don't read it to pick up comments about their products,
or bugs therein.

Don't forget your mosquito spray. ;-)

Robin S.
Ts'i mahnu uterna ot twan ot geifur hingts uto.
-----------------------------------------------
"Zytan" <zy**********@yahoo.comwrote in message
news:11**********************@a34g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
>Maybe you can use your Passport login & login
tohttp://beta.microsoft.com&
report it there

Going through that is like trekking through a muddy marsh at night
time. I wish they could just make it easier. I have about 50 things
to report. They pop up every 5 seconds, it seems. Is it possible to
report bugs just to the newsgroup, and have Microsofties deal with it
themselves?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Zytan

Feb 2 '07 #7

P: n/a
Zytan wrote:
Actually, VB 2005 Express doesn't have any such option. I am
surprised. All it has is (Default).
Ah, not used Express so I can't comment on that.
This is the first app that I've seen use Ctrl+Y as delete line.
There are lots of others:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
>It's only a few seconds' work to remap the shortcut to Redo.

Yup, already done. I just hate this, since what happens on the next
machine with VB on it... they are all different. Keyboard mapping is
soooo important, and it's just an afterthought for the designers.
Actually I disagree -- again, can't comment on the Express version, but I
was very impressed with the level of compatibility VS2005's Visual Basic 6
mode had with the real VB6, all the bizarre undocumented (as far as I know)
shortcuts all worked perfectly.

The fact that they went as far as to provide eight different built-in key
mapping schemes makes me think this was far from an afterthought. Again,
this may be different in Express.

Can you import and export your configuration in Express? I recently had to
reinstall XP and lost all my VS2005 settings, but I just imported the
settings I had saved when I configured everything how I wanted before and
they all came straight back. I was very pleased with that.
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. It should be a bug. UI issues are
bugs. The ignorance on this issue is very frustrating.
I don't think there's any ignorance, not a bug, just a difference of
opinion.

--

(O)enone
Feb 2 '07 #8

P: n/a
On Feb 2, 1:21 pm, "Zytan" <zytanlith...@yahoo.comwrote:
Oenone,
If you've configured the IDE to use the Visual Basic 6 keys (in
Tools/Options/Environment/Keyboard) then it's picking up the standard
behaviour of Ctrl+Y from VB6, which is indeed "delete line." Ctrl+Y is
commonly used in a number of application to mean "Delete Line", usually with
Ctrl+Shift+Z as Redo.

Actually, VB 2005 Express doesn't have any such option. I am
surprised. All it has is (Default).

This is the first app that I've seen use Ctrl+Y as delete line. But I
understand that, just by looking at the keyboard shortcut changes from
version to version in VS that it's all pretty much up for grabs. They
just set them to whatever. Cut 'n Paste and F1 are about the only
things that are guaranteed to work. Even F2 doesn't work -- dammit.
It's enough to drive someone insane.
(FWIW, I agree, I use Ctrl+Y as Redo as well and hate the fact that by
default it deletes lines in VB).
It's only a few seconds' work to remap the shortcut to Redo.

Yup, already done. I just hate this, since what happens on the next
machine with VB on it... they are all different. Keyboard mapping is
soooo important, and it's just an afterthought for the designers.
I strongly suspect that if you reported this to Microsoft as a bug, they
would just tell you that it is "by design," which, really, it is.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. It should be a bug. UI issues are
bugs. The ignorance on this issue is very frustrating.

Zytan
I'm not trying to start a flame war here, but my goodness you complain
a lot! Visual Basic .Net is not C++ and the VB 2005 ide is not the ide
you are used to using, so either adjust to the new language/ide (or
adjust it to you) or go back to what you used to use! Besides, you do
realize you are complaining about a feature in a program (vb 2005
express edition) that was free right?

And to prevent too many people from yelling at me for ranting, I'll
apologize here for being a bit of a jerk - it's been a long week :-)

Thanks,

Seth Rowe

Feb 2 '07 #9

P: n/a
One could argue that it's not a bug. CTRL-Y has stood for Delete Line
since the IDE's available in DOS! One could argue that changing to
Redo is the bug!
Chris, you are exactly right. If they didn't mess up the first time,
then I wouldn't be here complaining that it was changed back. So,
it's the same problem, really. You can't say which is better. It's
just whatever we are used to. But, if someday, everyone decided to
use a standard, and we all switched to it (like we did when Ctrl+C and
Ctrl+V were introduced), then after a bit of grumbling by us oldies,
we'd all be much happier. The way to make us upset, though, is to
have no standard whatsoever within the same company, for the same
product, for different versions only 2 years apart.

People are just ignorant towards how important UI issues are.
Pressing a key combo and having the thing not do its expected job
means it is broken. Maybe not AS broken as if the feature didn't
exist, but it's still broken.

Zytan

Feb 2 '07 #10

P: n/a
Robin,
Microsoft only responds to posts in the managed newsgroups for people with
MSDN support. They don't read it to pick up comments about their products,
or bugs therein.
Of course. It was silly of me to ask if they picked out bugs from the
newsgroup. BUT... I am asking a silly question in desperation because
I want these things fixed, and they make it hard for me to help get
the wheels in motion. If I were a paid beta tester, I could spend a
week reporting all these issues, but I just don't have the time to go
through their system.
Don't forget your mosquito spray. ;-)
Heh. :)

Zytan

Feb 2 '07 #11

P: n/a
(O)enone,
This is the first app that I've seen use Ctrl+Y as delete line.

There are lots of others:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...delete+line%22...
Ok, it must've been an old DOS shortcut that I never used. In other
words, there are MANY apps that I've used that have had it; I just
didn't know about it. I'd be quite upset if I used this back in the
day, and I lost it because some guy thought it should mean Redo. I
mean, who uses Redo? ;)

It's only a few seconds' work to remap the shortcut to Redo.
Yup, already done. I just hate this, since what happens on the next
machine with VB on it... they are all different. Keyboard mapping is
soooo important, and it's just an afterthought for the designers.

Actually I disagree -- again, can't comment on the Express version, but I
was very impressed with the level of compatibility VS2005's Visual Basic 6
mode had with the real VB6, all the bizarre undocumented (as far as I know)
shortcuts all worked perfectly.
The VC++ versions I've used has this, as well. I agree that it is
VERY cool that they went to this effort. I guess the problem is
that... why was a new scheme invented, creating the need to be allowed
to user the old scheme, to begin with? What's wrong with sticking to
one standard? Again, if the new standard is better, then fine... but,
come on, changing it every version? This is what I think is the
afterthought. But, there was much thought made to 'correct' the issue
by introducing multiple keyboard schemes. (I don't know why VB 2005
Express doesn't have it?)

The fact that they went as far as to provide eight different built-in key
mapping schemes makes me think this was far from an afterthought. Again,
this may be different in Express.
Agreed. We are talking about two different things regarding the
'afterthought', as I explained above.

Can you import and export your configuration in Express? I recently had to
reinstall XP and lost all my VS2005 settings, but I just imported the
settings I had saved when I configured everything how I wanted before and
they all came straight back. I was very pleased with that.
That's a cool feature, too. No, VB 2005 Express does not have this
feature.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. It should be a bug. UI issues are
bugs. The ignorance on this issue is very frustrating.

I don't think there's any ignorance, not a bug, just a difference of
opinion.
Well, no, it's not a bug if this is for a whole new keyboard scheme,
and Ctrl+Y normally means Delete Line. The bug is in the apps that
remapped that to mean Redo (which I am now annoying used to).

Zytan

Feb 2 '07 #12

P: n/a
Seth,

I don't want a flame war either. Neither of us have the time for
pointless bickering. My angle:

I call them as I see them.

To my knowledge, VC++ and VB and C# are all within Visual Studio, and
they all share a common IDE. For some reason the keyboard schemes
differ. So, a large portion of the IDE is similar, which is
soothing. And then, I get slapped in the face because a keyboard
scheme changed a commonly used key to mean something else. So, it's
annoying. If I were a beta tester, I'd be bringing these things up.
So, what's wrong with me bringing them up here and now? ...if there
weren't so many things broken, there would be no need to point them
out.

But yeah... there are many, many very cool things in VB and C#, and
the new IDE... I apologize for not raving about them. I really think
it's an amazing environment. The first thing I did was show it off to
people who know basically nothing about programming, and showed how
easy things were to do, and even told them to learn about it! I am
telling people to become programmers because it's easy. So, you
aren't seeing this side... and I am sorry.

But, it's frustrating to be slapped in the face 10 times within the
first day of using it. It's a barrier that could be beaten down some,
if people knew about these things. To invoke change, you need to
attack the source of issues. It's just a fact of life. It upsets
people. I'm sorry.

To be clear... and I'd prefer to not jump into such details... but, I
don't recall saying that VB should be VC++. If you desire, my
perspective is that VB has some features that C++ doesn't have, and
then it doesn't have, say, "const", so I complain about it, and
explain it in the way most are familiar with: C++. That doesn't mean
I want VB to be VC++. As you may have read, the decision to exclude
"const" was a big deal. A bet there were a lot of people complaining
about it, and a lot of people miss it. It has nothing to do with C+
+. It's a programming concept that would be desirable, that many
people want. It's about the concept. Not the language. There are
many, many things I dislike in C++, as well, and it's horrible for
certain things -- I am not in love with it.

Yes, VB 2005 Express cost $0.00. It's free. But, it doesn't mean its
bugs are not bugs. It also doesn't mean that the lack of "const" also
doesn't bother the people who have bought the professional edition.
Its price is irrelevant. I am trying to help fix things. It goes for
the whole language and IDE... the free and the paid version.

And to prevent too many people from yelling at me for ranting, I'll
apologize here for being a bit of a jerk - it's been a long week :-)
Hey, no worries. I held off posting here for a long time before
finally it was just too much, and I had to let my thoughts be known.
Some things I just needed answers. Some of the things I run into on
this are just unbelievable, and some are generic to all of VS, no
matter what language, like the help system returning information on
the wrong language when I have it set to report on only one language.
Or when F1 doesn't go to the keyword the cursor is on, so I have to
type it on its own line so it'll work. I could complain about this
for hours. They are features that are utterly broken. Bugs. Someone
should know about them. My solution for now? Google.

And hey... at least I am not just saying "this sucks". I am trying to
find solutions.

Good weekend everyone,

Zytan

Feb 2 '07 #13

P: n/a

"rowe_newsgroups" <ro********@yahoo.comwrote in message
news:11**********************@l53g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
On Feb 2, 1:21 pm, "Zytan" <zytanlith...@yahoo.comwrote:
>Oenone,
If you've configured the IDE to use the Visual Basic 6 keys (in
Tools/Options/Environment/Keyboard) then it's picking up the standard
behaviour of Ctrl+Y from VB6, which is indeed "delete line." Ctrl+Y is
commonly used in a number of application to mean "Delete Line",
usually with
Ctrl+Shift+Z as Redo.

Actually, VB 2005 Express doesn't have any such option. I am
surprised. All it has is (Default).

This is the first app that I've seen use Ctrl+Y as delete line. But I
understand that, just by looking at the keyboard shortcut changes from
version to version in VS that it's all pretty much up for grabs. They
just set them to whatever. Cut 'n Paste and F1 are about the only
things that are guaranteed to work. Even F2 doesn't work -- dammit.
It's enough to drive someone insane.
(FWIW, I agree, I use Ctrl+Y as Redo as well and hate the fact that by
default it deletes lines in VB).
It's only a few seconds' work to remap the shortcut to Redo.

Yup, already done. I just hate this, since what happens on the next
machine with VB on it... they are all different. Keyboard mapping is
soooo important, and it's just an afterthought for the designers.
I strongly suspect that if you reported this to Microsoft as a bug,
they
would just tell you that it is "by design," which, really, it is.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. It should be a bug. UI issues are
bugs. The ignorance on this issue is very frustrating.

Zytan

I'm not trying to start a flame war here, but my goodness you complain
a lot! Visual Basic .Net is not C++ and the VB 2005 ide is not the ide
you are used to using, so either adjust to the new language/ide (or
adjust it to you) or go back to what you used to use! Besides, you do
realize you are complaining about a feature in a program (vb 2005
express edition) that was free right?

And to prevent too many people from yelling at me for ranting, I'll
apologize here for being a bit of a jerk - it's been a long week :-)

Thanks,

Seth Rowe
If you're thinking it, so is someone else. ;-)

Robin S.
Ts'i mahnu uterna ot twan ot geifur hingts uto.
Feb 3 '07 #14

P: n/a

"Zytan" <zy**********@yahoo.comwrote in message
news:11*********************@a75g2000cwd.googlegro ups.com...
Robin,
>Microsoft only responds to posts in the managed newsgroups for people
with
MSDN support. They don't read it to pick up comments about their
products,
or bugs therein.

Of course. It was silly of me to ask if they picked out bugs from the
newsgroup. BUT... I am asking a silly question in desperation because
I want these things fixed, and they make it hard for me to help get
the wheels in motion. If I were a paid beta tester, I could spend a
week reporting all these issues, but I just don't have the time to go
through their system.
>Don't forget your mosquito spray. ;-)

Heh. :)

Zytan
Well, duh, they don't actually want you to *report* the bugs! They want you
to figure out how to work around them yourself, so they don't have to fix
them!

Robin S.
Ts'i mahnu uterna ot twan ot geifur hingts uto.
Feb 3 '07 #15

P: n/a
Zytan wrote:
I guess the problem is
that... why was a new scheme invented, creating the need to be allowed
to user the old scheme, to begin with? What's wrong with sticking to
one standard?
This presumably dates back to the fact that in the VS6 days, each language
had a completely separate IDE. When I used to switch between VB6 and VC++6,
not only were all the keyboard shortcuts different, the entire IDE was
completely different. Each one had to be learned separately.

With VS2002/2003/2005 they have had the challenge of bringing all those
disparate IDE layouts and configurations into one place, and have had to
make some compromises along the way. I'm just really happy that I can set my
kepmap up once (including Ctrl+Y for Redo and Shift+Delete for delete line)
and then when I switch between VB and VC++, all the shortcuts stay the same.
Bliss -- and much less of an inconvenience than setting up a one or two
alternative shortcuts once. :)

--

(O)enone
Feb 3 '07 #16

P: n/a
Well, duh, they don't actually want you to *report* the bugs! They want you
to figure out how to work around them yourself, so they don't have to fix
them!
I suspect that they do want bug reports. But, they don't want idiots
like me complaining about small things, like the keyboard shortcuts,
because they aren't 'real' bugs. They only want to hear about things
that are such a problem people will trek through the mud to report
it. They are concerned with features. Because, hey, eventually
everyone gets used to the keys -- almost. Sometimes I'll press Ctrl+W
to select a word, and I'll realize that I was in a browser making a
forum post, and not in my trusted IDE.. why? Because instead of
highlighting the word, it closes my window. <sigh>

Zytan

Feb 5 '07 #17

P: n/a
On Feb 3, 6:08 am, "\(O\)enone" <oen...@nowhere.comwrote:
This presumably dates back to the fact that in the VS6 days, each language
had a completely separate IDE. When I used to switch between VB6 and VC++6,
not only were all the keyboard shortcuts different, the entire IDE was
completely different. Each one had to be learned separately.
Aaaaaaah. Now that explains it. Funny... there's always an answer
that makes sense. It's too easy to say "everyone's just stupid." If
you really look, you'll find the real reason.

Still... it's too bad they didn't collaborate and get a key scheme
down. But, they essentially are different companies... MS is 50,000+
people. They don't want dependencies. It's why Excel had their own
compiler. It's understandable... really. And this is what results.
They've attempted to fix the issue with the keyboard schemes. It's
really the best that could happen. Too much collaboration means
dependencies, and we wouldn't even have these products. I get it.

With VS2002/2003/2005 they have had the challenge of bringing all those
disparate IDE layouts and configurations into one place, and have had to
make some compromises along the way. I'm just really happy that I can set my
kepmap up once (including Ctrl+Y for Redo and Shift+Delete for delete line)
and then when I switch between VB and VC++, all the shortcuts stay the same.
Bliss -- and much less of an inconvenience than setting up a one or two
alternative shortcuts once. :)
Yes, that is a godsend! I am impressed with that functionality. You
are talking about saving and loading the same key scheme, right? I
wish I could do that. I'll have to get the professional edition.

Thanks,

Zytan

Feb 5 '07 #18

P: n/a

"Zytan" <zy**********@yahoo.comwrote in message
news:11**********************@l53g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
>Well, duh, they don't actually want you to *report* the bugs! They want
you
to figure out how to work around them yourself, so they don't have to
fix
them!

I suspect that they do want bug reports. But, they don't want idiots
like me complaining about small things, like the keyboard shortcuts,
because they aren't 'real' bugs. They only want to hear about things
that are such a problem people will trek through the mud to report
it. They are concerned with features. Because, hey, eventually
everyone gets used to the keys -- almost. Sometimes I'll press Ctrl+W
to select a word, and I'll realize that I was in a browser making a
forum post, and not in my trusted IDE.. why? Because instead of
highlighting the word, it closes my window. <sigh>

Zytan
That's a pain, for sure, and I do understand your angst. In VB6, I used to
use Ctrl-DownArrow to go from one subroutine/function to the next in a
module, and this functionality appears to be gone. I still find myself
trying it out, though. Grrrrrr.

Robin S.
Feb 5 '07 #19

P: n/a
That's a pain, for sure, and I do understand your angst. In VB6, I used to
use Ctrl-DownArrow to go from one subroutine/function to the next in a
module, and this functionality appears to be gone. I still find myself
trying it out, though. Grrrrrr.
Hey, whoa, that's a great shortcut. I just tried it, and it works in
VB .NET! Maybe you have the professional edition where you have a
choice of different key mappings. I don't have a choice, so I assume
I am using the default for VB .NET, and they exist for it. So, either
way, if you are using VB6 or VB .NET mappings, it should work (unless
for VB6, you were using key mappings of VB2?). Also, the key mappings
can have errors. I've seen that before. Perhaps they forgot to
include this one, and no one noticed. If so, the functionality
definitely exists, and you can change the shortcuts to use it.

Look for Edit.NextMethod and Edit.PreviousMethod.

Zytan

Feb 5 '07 #20

P: n/a

"Zytan" <zy**********@yahoo.comwrote in message
news:11**********************@h3g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
>That's a pain, for sure, and I do understand your angst. In VB6, I used
to
use Ctrl-DownArrow to go from one subroutine/function to the next in a
module, and this functionality appears to be gone. I still find myself
trying it out, though. Grrrrrr.

Hey, whoa, that's a great shortcut. I just tried it, and it works in
VB .NET! Maybe you have the professional edition where you have a
choice of different key mappings. I don't have a choice, so I assume
I am using the default for VB .NET, and they exist for it. So, either
way, if you are using VB6 or VB .NET mappings, it should work (unless
for VB6, you were using key mappings of VB2?). Also, the key mappings
can have errors. I've seen that before. Perhaps they forgot to
include this one, and no one noticed. If so, the functionality
definitely exists, and you can change the shortcuts to use it.

Look for Edit.NextMethod and Edit.PreviousMethod.

Zytan
You're right, I *do* have the Professional version of VS2005. Also, I set
my default key settings to work for everything rather than VB, and maybe
that's why it's not set for my editor.

In mine, it does "Edit.ScrollLineUp" and "Edit.ScrollLineDown", as if just
pressing the up and down arrows doesn't do that. Sigh. But I figured out
how to change it, and now it works.

So bless you, you have made my day, maybe my week. Thanks very, very much.

Robin S.

Feb 5 '07 #21

P: n/a
You're right, I *do* have the Professional version of VS2005. Also, I set
my default key settings to work for everything rather than VB, and maybe
that's why it's not set for my editor.
You're probably right. Sounds like something that would mess these
things up.

In mine, it does "Edit.ScrollLineUp" and "Edit.ScrollLineDown", as if just
pressing the up and down arrows doesn't do that. Sigh. But I figured out
how to change it, and now it works.

So bless you, you have made my day, maybe my week. Thanks very, very much.
You're very welcome, Robin! Glad I could help.

Zytan

Feb 6 '07 #22

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.