By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
443,795 Members | 1,660 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 443,795 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Maximize form problem->bottom hidden by start bar

P: n/a
Hi

When I maximize a form in VB.Net 2003 the bottom of the form gets
hidden
by the start bar (so my status bar is invisible). How can I get my app
to maximize to the usable screen area above the start bar?

Thx Mrozu

Apr 20 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
5 Replies


P: n/a
Perhaps the easiest thing would be to set your task bar to auto hide.

/tr

Apr 20 '06 #2

P: n/a

Mrozu wrote:
Hi

When I maximize a form in VB.Net 2003 the bottom of the form gets
hidden
by the start bar (so my status bar is invisible). How can I get my app
to maximize to the usable screen area above the start bar?


How are you maximizing the form? By pressing the window maximize
button, or in code? If the latter, show us your code.

--
Larry Lard
Replies to group please

Apr 21 '06 #3

P: n/a
ersatz 53 wrote:

Perhaps the easiest thing would be to set your task bar to auto hide.

i think that it doesn't solve my problem

Larry Lard wrote:

How are you maximizing the form? By pressing the window maximize
button, or in code? If the latter, show us your code.

by pressing maximaize button

for example in FireFox, when we maximaize window, status bar is still
visible:/
Thx Mrozu

Apr 21 '06 #4

P: n/a
(please try and keep some context for people following along)

Mrozu wrote:
When I maximize a form in VB.Net 2003 the bottom of the form gets
hidden
by the start bar (so my status bar is invisible). How can I get my app
to maximize to the usable screen area above the start bar?
Larry Lard wrote:
How are you maximizing the form? By pressing the window maximize
button, or in code? If the latter, show us your code.
Mrozu wrote: by pressing maximaize button

for example in FireFox, when we maximaize window, status bar is still
visible:/


OK, time for a little experiment: Start VS 2003, new VB WinForms
project. Put a StatusBar on the form. Run the project; maximize the
window. Does this maximize correctly? If yes, the issue is with your
form. If no, the issue is with your Windows settings in some way.

--
Larry Lard
Replies to group please

Apr 21 '06 #5

P: n/a
yes it works ok. The best thing is that I've opened my project and it
works corectly too:/ ooohhh my God ;) i don't know what's going on...
thx for help Larry

Thx Mrozu

Apr 21 '06 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.