By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
435,628 Members | 1,175 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 435,628 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Copying from Novel

P: n/a
Hi

I am trying to copy files from a folder on a Novel machine, the folder is in
the UMC format (i cannot map a network drive for some business reasons). Upon
copying, it fires an IOException saying that the file does not exist.

Any idea how can I do it? (the user copying is the Novel Administrator)

Apr 19 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
cj
Novell?

Jeries Shahin wrote:
Hi

I am trying to copy files from a folder on a Novel machine, the folder is in
the UMC format (i cannot map a network drive for some business reasons). Upon
copying, it fires an IOException saying that the file does not exist.

Any idea how can I do it? (the user copying is the Novel Administrator)

Apr 19 '06 #2

P: n/a
Yes, Novell

"cj" wrote:
Novell?

Jeries Shahin wrote:
Hi

I am trying to copy files from a folder on a Novel machine, the folder is in
the UMC format (i cannot map a network drive for some business reasons). Upon
copying, it fires an IOException saying that the file does not exist.

Any idea how can I do it? (the user copying is the Novel Administrator)

Apr 20 '06 #3

P: n/a
cj
My Novell days were way before VB but If I remember correctly from DOS
we could reference files with something like sys:\\directory1\file.txt
instead of having a drive letter reference it. I don't know if you can
do that from w/in VB.

But perhaps a better way is many of our programs were launched via batch
files. The batch file would map a drive, launch the program then delete
the drive map. It's not like you'd be asking for a new permanent drive
mapping which is what your mgt group probably really opposes. If you
can't create the map from w/in VB then use a batch file to launch the
program and make your icon in windows run the batch file. Still works.

Finally maybe someone more experienced in using .net in a Novell
environment can provide a better solution. This is all I know--and it
ain't much. :)
Jeries Shahin wrote:
Yes, Novell

"cj" wrote:
Novell?

Jeries Shahin wrote:
Hi

I am trying to copy files from a folder on a Novel machine, the folder is in
the UMC format (i cannot map a network drive for some business reasons). Upon
copying, it fires an IOException saying that the file does not exist.

Any idea how can I do it? (the user copying is the Novel Administrator)

Apr 20 '06 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.