By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
443,922 Members | 1,493 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 443,922 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

New WYSIWYG Python IDE in the works

P: n/a
Hello all

I am currently developing a new WYSIWYG RAD tool for python.
There are screenshots and a small video demo on the site.
Please visit at http://www.geocities.com/visualfltk

Cheers
JMan
Jul 19 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
6 Replies


P: n/a
root wrote:
Hello all

I am currently developing a new WYSIWYG RAD tool for python.
There are screenshots and a small video demo on the site.
Please visit at http://www.geocities.com/visualfltk

Cheers
JMan


Jul 19 '05 #2

P: n/a
(Sorry for that other post of mine. I don't know what went wrong)

Don't get me wrong - your project is pretty interesting and you can
certainly get valuable experience from it - but to be better than the
competition you need to be better than the competition.

Jul 19 '05 #3

P: n/a
This is great, but it might be worth finding out what the other IDE's
can do first, as well as their weaknesses.

Eric3 seems to be the most popular & powerfull. Uop until recentluy, it
onluy works on Linux, but has been compiled & runnin on Windows, to
some degree of success.

QTDesigner is pretty good.

There's also Boa Constructor, and a handfull of other IDE's.

Jul 19 '05 #4

P: n/a
Cappy2112 wrote:
This is great, but it might be worth finding out what the other IDE's
can do first, as well as their weaknesses.

Eric3 seems to be the most popular & powerfull. Uop until recentluy, it
onluy works on Linux, but has been compiled & runnin on Windows, to
some degree of success.

QTDesigner is pretty good.

There's also Boa Constructor, and a handfull of other IDE's.

I's suggest the Boa Constructor be classed with [wx?]Glade and
PythonCard as GUI builders, though I must confess I am not fully up to
date on Boa developments.

must-look-at-eric-sometime-ly y'rs - steve
--
Steve Holden +1 703 861 4237 +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming http://pydish.holdenweb.com/

Jul 19 '05 #5

P: n/a
sorry for bothering you with my comment. From my point of view, the
situation on the IDE (GUI??) development field for Python is really
strange. Just try to imagine the same situation around the Python.
Plenty of different approaches, versions, philosophies etc. Why people
they really know the ways how to develop really good, prime and
functional SW (I mean different developers of IDEs) do not do it
together as a team (like in Python)? It is really strange to me? May be
I am missing something (I am a Python newbie), but the way to the Eric3
was really painful to me.
Petr

Jul 19 '05 #6

P: n/a
Steve Holden wrote:
Cappy2112 wrote:
This is great, but it might be worth finding out what the other IDE's
can do first, as well as their weaknesses.

Eric3 seems to be the most popular & powerfull. Uop until recentluy, it
onluy works on Linux, but has been compiled & runnin on Windows, to
some degree of success.

QTDesigner is pretty good.

There's also Boa Constructor, and a handfull of other IDE's.
I's suggest the Boa Constructor be classed with [wx?]Glade and
PythonCard as GUI builders, though I must confess I am not fully up to
date on Boa developments.

It is true that Boa has a heavy GUI development component but it is also
analogous to PythonWin with the benefit that it works with Linux and has
some other useful features. One minor weakness is that when debugging
the interactive actions are not in the local context.

Colin W.
must-look-at-eric-sometime-ly y'rs - steve

Jul 19 '05 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.