471,603 Members | 1,509 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post +

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 471,603 software developers and data experts.

XML Trace WSE 2.0 problem

Hi,

I've recently had frustration experience using a certain web service
provided by a known organization. In order to maybe get a response from the
technical they want me to send them the XML trace for the input and output
calls and answers to the web service.

I've downloaded WSE 2.0 tool since i use .net vs 2003, c#. I've desperately
been trying to get a trace with no success.

Here are the details of what I've been trying:

1. Installed WSE 2.0 sp 3

2. Removed and added again the web reference to the web service

3. Set my project (type Web Application) to use wse 2.0 (by right
clicking the project and accessing wse 2.0 settings)

4. Under General I've checked both options (although explanatory text
appear in light gray as irrelevant)

5. Under diagnostics I've enabled message tracing, test various
formats for the output files.

6. I've made sure I have the proper permissions in the trace target
folder

7. I've made sure the settings are properly entered in the web.config
file

8. I get no trace, no file is created or no info is added to an
existing trace file.

I appreciate in advance any help,

Regards,

Albert

ps i am enclosing a print screen for the inactive text in wse 2.0 settings -
i think this is part of the problem (could it be a problematic port or
permissions?)

http://albertbenatov.com/wse2.gif

Feb 5 '06 #1
2 2693
Albert,

By a trace, are you saying that they want the request that is sent over
to their web service? The easiest way to do this, I would think, is to just
intercept the request. You can use a tool like Fiddler to do this. Setup
is easy, and it will capture requests for you to look at (as well as
responses).

Hope this helps.
--
- Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
- mv*@spam.guard.caspershouse.com

"Albert" <Al****@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:17**********************************@microsof t.com...
Hi,

I've recently had frustration experience using a certain web service
provided by a known organization. In order to maybe get a response from
the
technical they want me to send them the XML trace for the input and output
calls and answers to the web service.

I've downloaded WSE 2.0 tool since i use .net vs 2003, c#. I've
desperately
been trying to get a trace with no success.

Here are the details of what I've been trying:

1. Installed WSE 2.0 sp 3

2. Removed and added again the web reference to the web service

3. Set my project (type Web Application) to use wse 2.0 (by right
clicking the project and accessing wse 2.0 settings)

4. Under General I've checked both options (although explanatory
text
appear in light gray as irrelevant)

5. Under diagnostics I've enabled message tracing, test various
formats for the output files.

6. I've made sure I have the proper permissions in the trace target
folder

7. I've made sure the settings are properly entered in the
web.config
file

8. I get no trace, no file is created or no info is added to an
existing trace file.

I appreciate in advance any help,

Regards,

Albert

ps i am enclosing a print screen for the inactive text in wse 2.0
settings -
i think this is part of the problem (could it be a problematic port or
permissions?)

http://albertbenatov.com/wse2.gif

Feb 5 '06 #2
Thanks Nicholas,

It seems like a nice tool. But i steel can't get the required result. I
don't get anything in the XML tab (not sure if i use roght the tool). I
should get the request and reply to the web service in this format:

<scheduleReportJob xmlns='https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/v2'>
<job xsi:type='CustomReportJob'>
<name>KeywordReport</name>
<aggregationType>Summary</aggregationType>
<startDate>2005-01-01T00:00:00Z</startDate>
<endDate>2006-02-02T23:59:59Z</endDate>
<crossClient>true</crossClient>
<clientAccounts>9557039543</clientAccounts>
<clientAccounts>3082422092</clientAccounts>

<campaignStatuses>Active</campaignStatuses>
<customOptions>AccountName</customOptions>
<customOptions>AdGroupId</customOptions>
<customOptions>AdGroup</customOptions>
<customOptions>AdGroupStatus</customOptions>
<customOptions>CampaignId</customOptions>
<customOptions>Campaign</customOptions>
<customOptions>CampaignStatus</customOptions>
<customOptions>Clicks</customOptions>
<customOptions>Cost</customOptions>
<customOptions>Cpc</customOptions>
<customOptions>Ctr</customOptions>
<customOptions>Impressions</customOptions>
<customOptions>Keyword</customOptions>
<customOptions>KeywordType</customOptions>
<customOptions>KeywordStatus</customOptions>
</job>
</scheduleReportJob>

Feb 5 '06 #3

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

reply views Thread by martin | last post: by
5 posts views Thread by TPS | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by JR | last post: by
9 posts views Thread by Joe Rattz | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by Arman Sahakyan | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by Rick Mavrovik | last post: by
reply views Thread by leo001 | last post: by
reply views Thread by MichaelMortimer | last post: by
reply views Thread by CCCYYYY | last post: by

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.