By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
424,455 Members | 2,157 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 424,455 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Combo Box Wont retrieve certain records in Table

P: 2
Programming Newb here. The following was working fine until recently.

I have a Table called Customers with 200 Customer records. Its Alphabetized by CompanyName. When I click on a copmany in the Combo Box, it returns all the company info. Its your standard Customr table.

The first record is CustomerId Value of 7 (The Company Name is 10-32 Police Supply).

The Combo Box defaults to CustomerID 8 (Adamson Police Supply). When I click on 10-32 in the Combo Box, it returns Back to Customer ID 8. 95% of the Records in the Table work fine. The other 5% return back to Customer ID 8.

I tried to compact/repair database. No luck. I thought that was the all problem/error/coding single click fix button. Clearly it's not. Probably doesnt even do anything but make you think it fixes your database. So I tried the more advance solution and closed the database. That didn't work either. Then I realized I was completely out of tools.

What the heck is going on here?
Apr 8 '17 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


NeoPa
Expert Mod 15k+
P: 31,186
Hi Jason.

Compact & Repair is indeed a very useful tool that fixes 95% of corrupted databases. Unfortunately it can't redesign it for you. That still relies on someone doing a proper job of it in the first place.

We may be able to help with a bit more clarity in your explanation. You start with a table but you describe what sounds like a form. You don't give any details of the design of the form.

It sounds like the form and its design are at the centre of this problem so that leaves us with very little to work with. If you'd like to proceed you'll need to provide us with the basic information required that will allow us to help.
Apr 8 '17 #2

P: 2
I have a form that brings up all of the customer information within the table. Name address Phone, etc. A Combo box is on top that has all of my customers in it. When I click on a customer, all of the information from the table fills in the form fields. The combo box does in fact list all of my customers in it. However, when I click on certain customers, it the form displays the same record (In this case 3G uniforms.) So if I click on Adamson uniform in the Combo Box, 3G uniforms and all of its iformation populates the form in the prespective fields. Most of the Companys work and a handful default to the 3G company.
Apr 8 '17 #3

P: 2
Nevermind. I figured it out. Something in the form was corrupt. I imported the form from a previos saved version.
Apr 8 '17 #4

NeoPa
Expert Mod 15k+
P: 31,186
That can happen Jason. Nothing logical at all and it all comes down to a corruption somewhere. If C&R doesn't fix it then you're unlucky. It's easy to miss.

Re-importing a safe version is another good thing to try. Well caught.
Apr 8 '17 #5

Post your reply

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.