By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
424,837 Members | 1,206 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 424,837 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Exporting Report - No file created

P: 76
Hi, I have kind of a strange problem. I have a report that I need to export to excel. The report opens fine in Access and when I export it or click on "Analyze It with Microsoft Office Excel," I get the dialog that says it's exporting page n of total to file such and such. I get no error message. However, no Excel file is created.

I've tracked down the problem to one of my fields on the report. It is a field called "ExpectedRate," with the control source of the "ExpectedRate" field on the query (format: Currency) on which this report is based. If I remove this field, exporting works as expected. Has anyone seen this before?

I know that I can get around this using ADO and OLE commands, but I'd rather not put in the time doing that. I don't need it to look fancy - I just want the data showing in my report to show in Excel so I can use it in another program.

Thanks,
Josh
Jan 24 '07 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
6 Replies


NeoPa
Expert Mod 15k+
P: 31,306
I'm afraid that doesn't ring any bells with me Josh.
Without knowing any details it's hard to dig deeper.
Jan 24 '07 #2

MMcCarthy
Expert Mod 10K+
P: 14,534
Hi, I have kind of a strange problem. I have a report that I need to export to excel. The report opens fine in Access and when I export it or click on "Analyze It with Microsoft Office Excel," I get the dialog that says it's exporting page n of total to file such and such. I get no error message. However, no Excel file is created.

I've tracked down the problem to one of my fields on the report. It is a field called "ExpectedRate," with the control source of the "ExpectedRate" field on the query (format: Currency) on which this report is based. If I remove this field, exporting works as expected. Has anyone seen this before?

I know that I can get around this using ADO and OLE commands, but I'd rather not put in the time doing that. I don't need it to look fancy - I just want the data showing in my report to show in Excel so I can use it in another program.

Thanks,
Josh
Try changing the format of the field from currancy to double. Does this make any difference?
Jan 24 '07 #3

MMcCarthy
Expert Mod 10K+
P: 14,534
Just had a thought. Is your report based on a query and does the query run OK outside of the report. If so can you export the query to excel?
Jan 24 '07 #4

nico5038
Expert 2.5K+
P: 3,072
I've had some trouble with numbers when the Regional settings (Start/settings/Control panel...) were having a decimal separator like "." and for currencies "," or the other way around. I guess you might check their settings.

Nic;o)
Jan 25 '07 #5

P: 76
Just an FYI, the report was based on a SQL Server view - linked using ODBC. This means that Access was treating the view/query as a linked table. It was running fine in the table. I changed the control source on my report to
=CDbl(ExpectedRate) and now it works fine. thanks.
Feb 2 '07 #6

MMcCarthy
Expert Mod 10K+
P: 14,534
Just an FYI, the report was based on a SQL Server view - linked using ODBC. This means that Access was treating the view/query as a linked table. It was running fine in the table. I changed the control source on my report to
=CDbl(ExpectedRate) and now it works fine. thanks.
Thanks for posting the solution. It may be helpful to other members.

Mary
Feb 3 '07 #7

Post your reply

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.