473,538 Members | 7,255 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Latest Bytes Forum

Support forums for various IT topics. Programming languages, databases, systems, applications and more. Subscribe to a community, participate, ask, share your expertise and network.

thread by: The Biscuit Eater | last post Jul 17 '05 by: The Biscuit Eater
Greetings from a second day newbie to php. I think I have figured out a way to explode a field in a csv file (like 11-08-03) and implode it as 031108 and then compare it to the current date(ymd) to display data after the current date. What I would like to now do is use the 11 and display Nov. Can anybody help or point me in the right...
thread by: Millie Niss | last post Jul 17 '05 by: renster
I am new to PHP and mySQL, and I am trying to build a database of services (on a service table) provided by agencies (another table), where one agency can provide many services, but a service belongs to a single agency. There are about 10 fields in the services table, including a comments field which needs to be searchable. I don't know how...
thread by: Rick | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Andy Hassall
I am moving throught a set of records, my next works great but previous move to the first record. Also what is the best way to check and see if it is the first or last record in the set. if($move == "Next") { $next_rec = "select * from people where contactid > $rec_id limit 1"; $results = mysql_query($next_rec); $row =...
thread by: Jos van Uden | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Jos van Uden
Hi, If I write $someobject = new SomeObject; will I have 2 instances in memory, one of which I cannot actually access? Will
thread by: Greg Bryant | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Disco Plumber
I'm working on validating US phone numbers. I have a nice expression that Regex Coach likes, but causes PHP to reject everything I send. Are there any glaring differences? I can't figure out what's wrong. Another little email check works fine, using the code out of Wrox' Beginning PHP. PhoneCheck.php <?php function PhoneCheck($number)...
thread by: Winston Smith | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Louis-Philippe Huberdeau
Hi, PHP newbie here... I've been using static class functions as a means of grouping certain functions together (e.g. class::function() ). Anybody know if this carries a performance overhead beoynd the simple function outside a class? Thanks,
thread by: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Andy Hassall
Hi, Warning: passthru() has been disabled for security reasons in ... how can I change my php.ini file (php4/apache/winxp server) to enable this function? How can I best work around if I can't use this function? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~l-.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
thread by: Bill | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Marouen
Our php was installed on our server by a consultant who is no longer available. Now, we have just moved our servers to a new location, and the autoresponders we have written in PHP no longer work. I'm assuming there is somewhere in the setup that holds the ip for the email server. Since we have a new mail server, we need to change that...
thread by: Lothar Scholz | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Lothar Scholz
On Python i use: Webware - Application Server SQLObject - Object Relational Mapper FunFormKit - Form Handling Cheeta - Template Engine for my web development. Now i'm looking for a comparable PHP solution: I only found that Smarty is more or less the default template
thread by: Google Mike | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Google Mike
Supposedly PHP-GTK is the ticket one can take to create cross-platform PHP scripts that load a standalone GUI application with widgets, and then everything else you know about PHP can work in the background via signals (widget events), including database access, etc. Some background for you: http://www.sitepoint.com/article/697 ...
thread by: Sebastien | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Pedro Graca
hi, all i need your help, on about http_referrer in my script. when a visitor comes from another server i whish intercept the url where he come from; i've made some test with a simple echo $_server and this output anything if the last link is on same server of my page but don't from anyother server.
thread by: Ralph Freshour | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Steven Musumeche
I'm trying to figure out how to write some php code that will allow me to resize a .jpg image and maintain it's aspect ratio - any help or idea's would be appreciated. Thanks...
thread by: UnixUser | last post Jul 17 '05 by: UnixUser
I am attempting to compile php 4.3.4 I am not getting a .so file. when I look into the config.log file I find configure 11154 undefined reference to yp_default-domain. I have spent over 6 hours trying to get php to compile. Any help would be appreciated.
thread by: Rick | last post Jul 17 '05 by: R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah
Hello all. My brother would like to create a website that high school math teachers could use. They would come to the web site and say "I'd like to have a worksheet on two-variable algebra." Then the web site would generate a pdf file for them. The information would be stored in a database. MySql or something similar. Is Php an...
thread by: Chris | last post Jul 17 '05 by: R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah
<apologies for cross-posting> Hi All, I am based in the UK and have been doing some private work for a client which involved setting up a database and scripts to search it and display results etc, all the usual stuff. The work was at about the halfway point when the client asked for a time estimate for the whole project. I sent him...
thread by: Wayno | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Wayno
Hoping someone can help me out with this problem. First problem, is I am unable to view my php error log. In my php.ini I have my log in /var/www/logs/php_error_log. However, it has remained empty. Secondly, my sendmail works fine from command prompt. However, when trying to send mail through a php script (I have tried a couple), it says it...
thread by: LPA | last post Jul 17 '05 by: LPA
Hi, I have a function to take the 300 first words of a db field. As this field contains HTML, if some tags are not closed (TABLE, TD, TR, SPAN, DIV, P, ....) the presentation is out. Is someone have a solution ? Thanx
thread by: Spam sucks | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Stefan Hilfiker
Hello, Everybody knows that you can edit a file directly from the ftp server with a ftp tool, if you close the file localy the ftp server uploads the file and it is saved on the server. Is this also possible with php? i have seen a script (asp) do this, we only work with php so i want a solution for php. Thanks in advance for some info.
thread by: Darren | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Darren
Hi there. Had a look around google and found one post from someone with almost the same error and no reply. SunOS webdb 5.8 I have been trying to install PHP to work with Apache and it all works fine apart from trying to run php from bash.
thread by: Phrylock | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Phrylock
I am a beggining PHP developer (been doing it for like 3 weeks now) and I am currently having a problem getting these arrays to work. I am running PHP 4.3.4 with Apache 2.0.47 on WinXP. I have a pretty good idea as to how they work, but no clue on how to apply them to the PHP scripts that I have written. (I'm not sure how to code it in...
thread by: Murali | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Pedro Graca
Hi, I have a php file, where i am using an include from a URL detail.php: $html = ""; $contentFile = "http://www.mysite.com/link.php"; if ( $contentFile ) { $fileBuffer = file($contentFile);
thread by: Felix Natter | last post Jul 17 '05 by: André Nęss
hi, try this: <?php class Test { function method() { echo "hello world";
thread by: Frank Thorstens | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Frank Thorstens
Hi, i'm new to php but i'm a bit familiar with servlet etc. I have 2 questions: - when a php site s browsed by many users at the same time, does the server completey execute one request after another or are they somehow executed parallel? - when a user uploads a file, is this file upload already a php-thread so
thread by: Irvin Amoraal | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Irvin Amoraal
Well, I must say that I am new to working with FTP and am having problems despite the good help I have recieved. I have been working with code supplied by Janwillem Borleffs and have been able to get it to connect to the ftp server on my dev machine (red hat/apache). What I am trying to do is create a directory but the directory is not being...
thread by: Marouen | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Geir Eivind Mork
What is the best CMS (Content Management System) for you ? Marouen

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.