473,554 Members | 3,167 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Latest Bytes Forum

Support forums for various IT topics. Programming languages, databases, systems, applications and more. Subscribe to a community, participate, ask, share your expertise and network.

thread by: John | last post Jul 17 '05 by: R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah
Hello. If I wanted to make a website of sound files that are playable within the actual webpage, but people visiting the site can't save, or see the filenames so they can download from the site, is this possible? What would be the best format to save the sound clips in? I would need something that doesn't take up too much space but is...
thread by: Jacques Bradet | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Jacques Bradet
Can someone help me? I have tried php-4.3.4-installer I have tried php-4.3.4-Win32 If someone has PWS running PHP4 on windows 98 I would appreciate any help. thank-you
thread by: David N. Welton | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Matt Saunders
Hi, I'm going to be looking at tools such as *nuke, maxdev, php groupware and so forth for a client, and wondered if anyone had a feature matrix for them already. I'm looking at features such as web chat, messaging between users, forums, document management with versioned documents, and things of that ilk. Thankyou for your time, --...
thread by: David | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Pedro Graca
Can anyone tell me why when i select the object identifiers in my postgresql table and try to print them out using php it only gives me the first digit? Any ideas on how to get round this? Thank you David
thread by: kaptain kernel | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Pedro Graca
is the php-cli package available for debian? the php 4.3 packages i've come across only install the php module for apache, and no cli is installed (which is bizarre - why package up php4.3 and leave out cli?)
thread by: Stefan Weiss | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Stefan Weiss
Hi. The manual for pg_fetch_result() reads: | All forms of integer types are returned as integer values. All | forms of float, and real types are returned as float values. Boolean | is returned as "t" or "f". All other types, including arrays are | returned as strings formatted in the same default PostgreSQL manner | that you would see...
thread by: Eric Veltman | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Brandon Blackmoor
Hello everyone, I'm getting somewhat annoyed about how many cms's there are in PHP/MySQL while so few are really good. Yesterday I started to like ezPublish, until I decided the template language is ugly and the process for creating a maintenance template for a content class is not logical. I'm starting to think I should write my own...
thread by: Jonathan | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Jonathan
I'm using mail($address,$subjectheading,$message,"From: me@mysite.com") to send emails from my site. For the most part, it works okay (for example, I receive the mail in my Yahoo box). But when I check my university email, the message is not delivered. I thought maybe it was because I had included my web address in the subject heading and...
thread by: Eric Jamison | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Pedro Graca
I am running PHP 4.2.3 with Informix Dynamic Server 2000 Version 9.20.HC. I am trying to insert some text into a blob space and I get a -609 error. here is a code snipit. $textid = ifx_create_blob(0,0,$strText); $blobidarray = $textid; $db_query = "insert into assignment_info
thread by: Chung Leong | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Chung Leong
How come there isn't a xmlspecialchars(), and for that matter, xml_entity_decode()? I would think someone would have thought of that by now.
thread by: Jonathan Moss | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Larry Jaques
The web content management site plone (written in Python) uses a simple text makrup system call StructuredText. I very much like the idea and would love to use it or something similar in a PHP site I'm working on. Have any of you kind people seen a reasonable PHP version of StructuredText or a similar product that can be easily integrated...
thread by: Michael T. Peterson | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Daniel Tryba
I'm having trouble understanding why fsockopen() returns null yet the errstring/errno value yields: "The operation completed successfully. (0)" Here's the code (modified from an example found on many websites - google "fsockopen php example") <?php $url =
thread by: Matt Saunders | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Matt Saunders
There's lots of ways of representing a hierarchical data structure in a relational database. These range from the trivially easy to implement in PHP (adjacency list; each node has an ID and a ParentID) to the fairly nightmarish (Tropashko's nested intervals). In starting this thread I'm not looking for a primer on any of these methods,...
thread by: A. Name | last post Jul 17 '05 by: A. Name
Hello All! I'm a newbie to Linux and to PHP, so please be kind. I'm trying to tie into SendMail with some code and get the following error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mail() in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/development/test.php on line 317 I installed SendMail after PHP. I was told that it could be my problem and I would...
thread by: R4 | last post Jul 17 '05 by: R4
Hi, I'm working with cUrl and I'm getting strange results. When I run the following script, most of the time I get the error "connect() failed" but sometimes it works and returns the requested page??? <?php $myCurl = curl_init("www.whatever.com"); if(!$myCurl) echo curl_error($myCurl);
thread by: BjoernJackschina | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Justin Koivisto
Hello, I want to test some input fields if the user has entered something. That I do with a Javascript function. But I only know the form <form action="ausg.php" method="post"> and so my function doesn't work yet(it is initiated with onclick). What is a solution when I want to retain my JAvaScript function because I think it is lesser...
thread by: jm | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Tim Van Wassenhove
Consider: while ($j < $num2) { $parent_id=mysql_result($result2,$j,"parent_id"); $fam_first_name=mysql_result($result2,$j,"fam_first_name"); $fam_age=mysql_result($result2,$j,"fam_age"); echo "it is $parent_id"; echo "<tr id=$parent_id>"; echo "<td></td>"; echo "<td >$fam_first_name</td>";
thread by: Kobi Lurie | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Henk Verhoeven
Hello all, I'm trying to make a simple script beginner level script, with just functions. it uses the functions: file_get_contents substr taking into an array the text substr took then array_count_values
thread by: Amr Mostafa | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Jochen Buennagel
Hello all, Can I use php to talk with a web service ? I need to talk with a web service.. I'm programming with php for about 7 months now.. but in fact I have no idea about using it with web services.. any information & resources are very appreciated
thread by: Roger | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Roger
Hello everybody, I'm looking for a php gallery management system and I would like to check something. The setup for the management system says I need GD version 2 to get nice thumbnails. I looked it up on www.php.net and I think it says that GD 2 is built in php 4.3.2. I'm running php 4.3.4 on Windows XP home. Does that mean I don't have...
thread by: cameron | last post Jul 17 '05 by: CountScubula
I'm looking to use the system (or exec) function to call a shell script in UNIX. The following is the UNIX command line without PHP: /home/public_html/VariableDirectory/myScript.ksh VariableDirectory can be a number of different directories. Each of them contain a copy of myScript.ksh. So, we run the same script in different directories...
thread by: Rolf Wester | last post Jul 17 '05 by: John Dunlop
Hi, I have a form with a select element with multiple="true". When using the GET method (I suppose the same happens with the POST method) I can seen that the form sends channels=CH1&channels=CH2 when CH1 and CH2 have been choosen. $_GET gives me "CH2". Is there any way to get all the choosen channels elements? I would be very appreciative...
thread by: Roger | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Dan Tripp
Hello everybody, I'm looking for a php gallery management system and I would like to check something. The setup for the management system says I need GD version 2 to get nice thumbnails. I looked it up on www.php.net and I think it says that GD 2 is built in php 4.3.2. I'm running php 4.3.4 on Windows XP home. Does that mean I don't have...
thread by: Steve Magruder | last post Jul 17 '05 by: Steve Magruder
Everyone: On top of the amazing success of a PHP meetup ( http://php.meetup.com/ ) with 3,430 members, I would invite everyone to check out the new Software Developers meetup. This sounds like a great way for software developers in general to get together in person around the world to discuss all the big professional issues that are...
thread by: vKp | last post Jul 17 '05 by: vKp
I'm having a problem with file(). If I try to open a url of the form "http://example.com/find?one,two", I get an error of the following form: ....failed to create stream: Bad file descriptor... What's going wrong? How can I make this work? (Note that I have no control over the form of the remote urls).

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.