473,544 Members | 1,732 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Latest Bytes Forum

Support forums for various IT topics. Programming languages, databases, systems, applications and more. Subscribe to a community, participate, ask, share your expertise and network.

thread by: Boris Ammerlaan | last post Sep 11 '05 by: Boris Ammerlaan
This notice is posted about every week. I'll endeavor to use the same subject line so that those of you who have seen it can kill-file the subject; additionally, Supersedes: headers are used to ensure that only one copy resides on a given news server. This notice was last updated on March 9th, 2005, and is available (with a complete...
thread by: jhorner | last post Sep 11 '05 by: jhorner
I am writing a c# app and need the ability to drag a file onto the icon - this should then run the app and do something with the file. I made the assumption that doing so would call the app with the filename as a command line argument, but this seems to go a bit weird. I added this to my Main: static void Main(string args) { if(args !=...
thread by: ashucl | last post Sep 11 '05 by: ashucl
If you wan't to define the definitions of the member functions out side the class you do : class name::function name() { } in Visual Studio IDE it gives a list of all the functions in the class as soon as you type :: But it does not show the names of the c'tor where as it shows the d'tor name.
thread by: programmerforknowledge | last post Sep 11 '05 by: programmerforknowledge
Hi All I am fresh college graduate who has done C and C++ during college times.After that i had done a C# course from one of our local computer institute.The course is BCM which ran for 1 year.But now when i am looking for job the questions asked in interview are really very very weird and does not match any where near to what my institute...
thread by: Yeah | last post Sep 11 '05 by: Yeah
I'd like to have a simple HTML fill-out form for my web site for my visitors to contact me. An E-mail link would also be provided as an alternative, but the form is the main route. I could easily snag some code off the Internet, I guess. But some forms are a hassle to submit, because they nag you with security alerts and such upon...
thread by: Mark Dufour | last post Sep 11 '05 by: Mark Dufour
>> After nine months of hard work, I am proud to introduce my baby to the >> world: an experimental Python-to-C++ compiler. >Wow, looks really cool. But why that instead of Pypy? I agree with anyone that a JIT compiler that supports the full Python semantics (which I thought to be the goal of PyPy?) is probably the best long term...
thread by: Tom Smith | last post Sep 11 '05 by: Tom Smith
Hi, all, I am looking for the 1991 and 1992 Black Box Catalogs. I am will to pay $$ for them. If you have one, please email me. Thank you. Tom
thread by: no game | last post Nov 17 '05 by: no game
I have a problem with signature using RSACryptoServiceProvider I use signature=privKey.SignData(byteData, new MD5CryptoServiceProvide), and get a byte array of signature. The other party use CryptoAPI C++ function:
thread by: tayssir.hawary | last post Nov 17 '05 by: tayssir.hawary
Dear all, I need to get the old value when multiple objects are selected. It works fine when a single object is selected, but e.OldValue contains null when multiple objects are selected. I appreciate a reply:) Tayssir Hawary
thread by: chen bin | last post Nov 22 '05 by: chen bin
FlashIME is an Input Method Editor (IME) which helps you to inpu words and sentences more quickly. With FlashIME, you need only strik keyboard At Most Three Times to input any word, sentence or paragrap in Any Application (VC, VB Delphi and even Microsoft Word) see http://www.d2ksoft.co
thread by: Scott Burgess | last post Nov 22 '05 by: Scott Burgess
Wonder if anyone can either explain how - or provide a link to a tutorial that can tell me how I can create a MFC app that searchs for a plugin, loads it and then opens a new window which the plugin would then act upon. Have tried a few methods to varying levels of success. Hope you can help. Cheers Scott
thread by: Karl | last post Nov 22 '05 by: Karl
Hello Does anybody know if there is a way to dynamically have a dataset linked to a predefined crystal report? The project initially was created to deal with a few static reports but now my client has the need for much more reporting and it would be much easier to do this dynamically, if at all possible Current situation User is coming...
thread by: Fabio | last post Aug 30 '06 by: Fabio
Hi all! I need to implement the RightToLeft feature in a Graphics.DrawString(). I set the StringFormatFlags.DirectionRightToLeft to the StringFormat but... I don't see any difference between the DirectionRightToLeft and the StringFormat.Alignment!!! I tryid the same thing on a textbox: try the difference between RightToLeft and TextAlign...
thread by: robin9876 | last post Aug 30 '06 by: robin9876
In an .aspx (VB) page that displays that data in Excel which shows the data in excel within the browser. The following code is in the page to identify the file information. Response.AppendHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline; filename=Download.xls") Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" Is it possible to display the data...
thread by: Elmo Watson | last post Aug 30 '06 by: Elmo Watson
I have a linkbutton in one gridview column - I also have another column with a label on it - lblID the linkbutton has a redirect, but I need a reference to the current row it's on (VB.Net), so I can get the text of that label in the other column, in order to create a querystring on the end of the redirect - - I just can't figure out how to...
thread by: JR | last post Aug 30 '06 by: JR
I am opening a html page using showModalDialog. To the page's onError event, i am attaching custom event handler. When ever any exception occures, onError event is firing 2 times. I found the same issue with modeless dialogs aswell. Is this a bug with IE? How can i make onError event to fire once? please help.
thread by: Dean Slindee | last post Aug 30 '06 by: Dean Slindee
What event (or whatever) should code be attached to in order to display a custom tool tip when the user clicks on a single item in a listview? Any code examples anywhere? Thanks, Dean S
thread by: sb09 | last post Aug 30 '06 by: sb09
Requires the understanding of the Gale-Shapley stable matching algorithm and to apply the stable matching problem in a non-obvious manner. For example, suppose n=2, so we have two ships (S1 and S2) and thus two ports (P1 and P2). Suppose the schedules are given as follows (where OS means "out to sea"): Ship Schedule S1 P1, OS, P2,...
thread by: Flinker | last post Aug 30 '06 by: Flinker
When attempting to read the System event log on a remote system, I receive a "Requested registry access is not allowed" exception. I temporary added myself as an administrator to the remote system and the code worked fine. What permissions need to be assigned to my account on the remote system? If I use the NT 4.0 resource kit utility...
thread by: sennopati | last post Feb 2 '08 by: sennopati
Hello All... How to change font format in my project without change font format property in all object? thx
bleurose
thread by: bleurose | last post Feb 2 '08 by: bleurose
We have a modestly large MySQL application (about 10,000,000 rows spread over 40+ tables). Most of our queries are very small and fast (single table or two-table joins with good keys and indexes). However, we have a few queries that would be described as "long-running", and in particular, they use GROUP BY to aggregate some information. It...
thread by: bearophileHUGS | last post Feb 2 '08 by: bearophileHUGS
There are news: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.lua.general/44781 I think Psyco may deserve some updates, because it can be useful on Python 3.0 too, on 64bit, and on iterators (with itertools) too. Bye, bearophile
hai
thread by: RAJI.WON08 | last post Jun 28 '08 by: RAJI.WON08
hai sir, i want c lang & c++
thread by: Nessie Macushla | last post Oct 19 '10 by: Nessie Macushla
i would be glad if somebody can help me know how to write it well. Using my netbeans to wrote<icode>public class Sphere imports Calculator implements NewInterface{}</icode> is telling me "Sphere is not abstract and does not override absract method calculate in the interface." thanks
thread by: Gary Brechbill | last post Oct 19 '10 by: Gary Brechbill
I use a development tool called IronSpeed. It creates a web environment with all kinds of web pages to address database interaction etc. I am trying to deal with some look-and-feel issues that apparently require me to use a javascript function to change the CssClass of a TabContainer control. The function is defined as noted below. I need to...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.