473,544 Members | 1,912 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Latest Bytes Forum

Support forums for various IT topics. Programming languages, databases, systems, applications and more. Subscribe to a community, participate, ask, share your expertise and network.

thread by: Diez B. Roggisch | last post Sep 5 '05 by: Diez B. Roggisch
QOTW: "You can lead an idiot to idioms, but you can't make him think ;-)" -- Steve Holden "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson (used by Tim Churches, and also found in http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0008.html) PyPy has come a long way - and made great progress with release 0.7:...
thread by: Klein | last post Sep 5 '05 by: Klein
I have an application which can load ms word documents and save them. The application has a main form with a file menu, an edit menu and a tool bar. I have a DocumentControl(usercontrol) defined which handles loading the word document into itself. The flow of events are as follows: Main Form -> New -> Creates an instance of DocumentControl...
thread by: Greg. Nans | last post Sep 5 '05 by: Greg. Nans
Hello, i am looking for an idea on how to handle un-nesting tags. i know i can use something build on top of a htmltidy, but i'm rather wondering if this could be done using only python standard library. my input tags can not be crossed (i mean "<a> w1 <b> w2 </a> w3 </b>" is impossible from my input) actually i had produced some data...
thread by: kiran | last post Nov 17 '05 by: kiran
Hi , How can change the background color of the MainMenu and StatusBar controls Regards kiran
thread by: Konrad | last post Nov 22 '05 by: Konrad
Hi Can I give my customer possibility to change some crystal reports? Add report fields headers and so on. I'am using Crystal Report for VS.NET 2003. Thanks Konrad
thread by: John | last post Nov 22 '05 by: John
Hi, I am a beginner looking for example code on how to create an access database for a local application. I need to create the database when the app is first installed. I can do it with SQL 2000 but I am not sure how to do create a db, tables and fields as a local mdb. Any help or pointers to where I can find example code on this much...
thread by: Santhu | last post Nov 22 '05 by: Santhu
Is it possible to have a Pop up menus on a web form? If so how? Please can u give me some code snippets or urls where i can find these contents. Thank you
thread by: Santhu | last post Nov 22 '05 by: Santhu
Is it possible to have a Pop up menus on a web form? If so how? Please can u give me some code snippets or urls where i can find these contents. Thank you
thread by: luresh | last post Sep 1 '06 by: luresh
Hi EveryBody : i am using following code ,it is working fine most of the time but some time "Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed" error occured in the line of " stringLine = srReader.ReadLine();;" .please help any one. variabels are declared don't further about it this is the code:
thread by: kurt sune | last post Sep 1 '06 by: kurt sune
I have written a Custom Validator. However the ServerValidate(ByVal source As Object, ByVal args As ServerValidateEventArgs): sub gets called twice. First with an empty args-argument, secondly with a correct value. By debugging I found that the first call to Me.GetControlValidationValue(Me.ControlToValidate)
thread by: VISVAMBHAR TRIBANG RAJAT AMOL TANMAY RASIK VISHAL | last post Sep 1 '06 by: VISVAMBHAR TRIBANG RAJAT AMOL TANMAY RASIK VISHAL
Hi, I need display dropdown with data from two columns, so I am doing like this: DataTable source = data.GetSomeData(); //returns a datatable source.Columns.Add("DisplayName", typeof(string), " + ' (' + + ')'"); theDropdown.DataValueField = "IDColumn"; theDropdown.DataTextField = "DisplayName"; //created above
thread by: The xmlBlueprint Team | last post Sep 1 '06 by: The xmlBlueprint Team
Dear community, xmlBlueprint XML Editor 4.2.0902 is now available for free download at: www.xmlblueprint.com/Download.htm. This release adds support for Relax NG Schemas: Syntax Coloring, Validation and Easy XML Completion. xmlBlueprint is the value-priced XML Editor for Windows, available for only US $45.00. It supports unicode (UTF-8...
thread by: maheshkandrigal | last post Sep 1 '06 by: maheshkandrigal
i have 2 textboxes in repeater control.when i click button(btnsave) either both textboxes are empty or both are filled not one empty another filled.please send javascript for validation of these textboxes.
thread by: lord.zoltar | last post Sep 1 '06 by: lord.zoltar
I'm trying to build an installer for an application and I'm not sure how to set it all up... The steps for installation are as follows: 1) Install .NET Framework 2.0 2) Install SQL Server Express (This should be optional) 3) Install database files and start database service (but only if step #2 was taken) 4) Install additional packages...
thread by: lisha | last post Sep 1 '06 by: lisha
Hi, I am developing one application in that,using htmleditor i am managing the site information through the backend.These files are using in front end. In that i am using the logic as first deleting the specified file and creating the one file in the same name and writring the contents whatever changes i have made in that file and saving.But...
thread by: David Veeneman | last post Sep 1 '06 by: David Veeneman
Is there any way to modify what gets inserted when the "Insert standard items" is selected on a tool strip? Right now I have a form with my standard menu setup saved as a template, but I'd like to be able to directly modify the "Insert standard items" setup to change control naming and so on. Is there any way to do this? Thanks. -- David...
thread by: Gwarg | last post Sep 1 '06 by: Gwarg
I have problems with the IDE crashing in VB6 when i use my vb.NET made dll. For some reason a socket disconnects occationally when i run the application from the VB6 IDE and this crashes the IDE. But if i run it from the compiled exe file or from the .NET 2005 IDE it is stable. If i run the exe or from .NET the socket doesn't disconnect...
thread by: santosh | last post Jun 28 '08 by: santosh
tom wrote: <one of the group trolls under yet another pseudonym> I advice everyone to ignore this guy.
thread by: werner | last post Nov 14 '08 by: werner
On Nov 14, 2:22*am, Allan <mu8j...@earthlink.netwrote: Thanks for the info Werner
thread by: xyzabc opqrst | last post Oct 23 '10 by: xyzabc opqrst
do i need to import any header file to use response.redirect in windowsapplicationform?
thread by: SAIFY | last post Oct 23 '10 by: SAIFY
i am making a program that hold school student data with picture in ms database2000.I want to upload my database in a server computer and connect it with my software. so, that i add,delete,search and upload records through internet.How that it is possible?
thread by: Sathis kumar | last post Oct 23 '10 by: Sathis kumar
Hi I have created Activex(COM control) control in .NetFramework 4.0, in this Activex I have used some 3rd party references. To use this Control in Web application I have created .CAB file I want register this Activex control in Client machine using RegAsm.exe (V.4.0) This is working fine in Windows Xp machine, and it is...
thread by: erik eriksson | last post Oct 23 '10 by: erik eriksson
I am having problems accessing the attributes/functions of a class inside other classes. I will try to explain my structure as easy as possible and I have simplified it to focus on what is giving me all the problems: Class A contains a collection (ACol) which consists of objects of the B class Class B has a public attribute of type...
thread by: efwqwretthj | last post Oct 23 '10 by: efwqwretthj
If you go to the Appstore and search for the free app and download it: “QuickVoice Recorder”, there is a bar at the top of the view, which has the button “Speaker”. That speaker button enables you to switch the iphone speaker and the receiver. That’s something that i want to recreate, (& i can’t find it anywhere!). Any help is much appreciated.
thread by: sahil khan | last post Oct 23 '10 by: sahil khan
how i can use image list control in vb.net, and how to save jpeg image with customer record and i wnat to also save this data base ms access.

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.