473,544 Members | 2,002 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Latest Bytes Forum

Support forums for various IT topics. Programming languages, databases, systems, applications and more. Subscribe to a community, participate, ask, share your expertise and network.

thread by: Florian | last post Nov 12 '05 by: Florian
Is it possible to create something like a link library with Access. I'd like to manage my website and it's linking with a database. Or is this just possible to do with php??? Thanks a lot!!!! Florian
thread by: John | last post Nov 12 '05 by: John
Hi I am using the internet transfer control to access a site using the following code; Set objInet = Me.Inet1.Object ' <=== Inet1 in the Internet Transfer Control strData = "some data here" strHeaders = "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" & vbCrLf objInet.Execute strURL, "POST", strData, strHeaders ' <=== This line does...
thread by: Bryan | last post Nov 12 '05 by: Bryan
I am accessing a backend database in Access97 (on a server) through front ends in both A97 and A2K (on each machine). When the FE exits, it checks to see if anyone is currently accessing the BE, and if not compacts the BE and creates a backup. The question: Will running the CompactDatabase method in A2K automatically create an A2K backend,...
thread by: ddddd | last post Nov 12 '05 by: ddddd
How do I place a Command Button on one of my forms that when pressed will open up a find/replace window that I can specify two criterias for search and then have the items I searched for show up on the form? Wow, any help is greatly appreciated!!
thread by: pj | last post Nov 12 '05 by: pj
/* Make two tables, then find that a left join between them works, unless you add a view on top of one table -- if you add a view and use it, the left join fails -- rather, it acts as an inner join */ aaTable1 myid, Number typeid, Number 1,11 1,13
thread by: FAQPoster | last post Nov 12 '05 by: FAQPoster
An HTML version of this document is available at: http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm Feeling left out? Alone? Wondering why everyone's ignoring you? Or why you're being flamed for what you deemed an innocent post? The following tips will not only help you, they will help us help you. Please note: The latest changes to this...
thread by: james | last post Nov 20 '05 by: james
Hi guys, I have to trap the First call made to the COM+ component written in vb.net and installed in the container. I found that "IComApp2Events" interface will help me to work out my solution. PLs help me the way to implement the method OnAppActivation2 method. I hope to look forward for reply with some code snippets.
thread by: Bob Phillips | last post Nov 20 '05 by: Bob Phillips
Hi all, I have just started with .Net, and I have followed MS KB article 302896 to create a COM add-in. It all works well, and the add-in connects nicely to all of my target applications. I now want to remove it, and this is where I am struggling. According to the article it creates a registry entry at...
thread by: whaletyr | last post Nov 20 '05 by: whaletyr
I need to change a value within a datatable. first I get the value using the me.bindingscontext(datatable,("Column").current Then I change this value and want to put it back in the data table How do I do this Thanks for any help whaletyr
thread by: Goog79 | last post Jun 8 '06 by: Goog79
Hi all, I have an assignment due (asp.net in c#) that requires us to think of a large-scale online stores allowing for thousands of users at a time to be logged in, creating accounts and so on. We have been told to choose either sessions and / or databases to hold necessary information but I'm a bit stuck (and very interested) in how it...
thread by: Paul | last post Jun 8 '06 by: Paul
This gets a little complex, so bear with me. I've created an ASP.NET page that creates a variety of controls dynamically. It creates a data source, a form view, a list box, a drop down list, a button and some other sundry stuff on the fly. The problem is this: The SelectedIndexChanged events for the list boxes fire at strange times. ...
thread by: Vagabond Software | last post Jun 8 '06 by: Vagabond Software
I am fairly new to ASP.NET, so bear with me... I have a Datagrid with a data-bound DropDownList in the TemplateColumn. Here is the HTML code: <asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Void"> <ItemStyle horizontalalign="Left" wrap="False"></ItemStyle> <ItemTemplate> <%#Databinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "isVoid")%> </ItemTemplate>
thread by: satishwise | last post May 15 '07 by: satishwise
HELLO EVERYONE PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS I followed the installation instructions from the oracle 9i built in documentation and started the installation with the Result of this output on my Xconsole: Error occurred during initialization of VM Unable to load native library:
thread by: =?Utf-8?B?aGVyYmVydA==?= | last post Jul 23 '07 by: =?Utf-8?B?aGVyYmVydA==?=
I installed WCF / WPF extensions for VS.2005, .NET 3.0, Windows SDK for .NET 3.0. According to WCF books, right-clicking on a project in project explorer and selecting Add - New Item should display a WCF service template. I get many WPF templates, yet not a single WCF template. I am running English VS.2005 Pro on German WinXP Pro SP2.
thread by: tooba | last post Jul 23 '07 by: tooba
i am trying to create asp file with fso createtextfile. i can do it but when i try to launch that new asp file, an error occurs; ASP 0239 (0x80004005) ASP doesn't support UNICODE how can i fix this problem. thanks a lot.
thread by: angelica12 | last post Jan 19 '08 by: angelica12
Hi, I have a class with a Main that runs some tests. This class exists within a project that is the startup project in Visual Studio. I would like to just run that class Main instead of the startup project main, but I can't figure out how to make that happen. Is it possible to do?
thread by: tcacmsp | last post Jan 19 '08 by: tcacmsp
I am trying to exploit the DB2 metadata to provide the end users with some similar info, such as: How often has a particular table been used? Last used date? How often has a particular index been used? Last used date? What are the first 10 values of a particular column, with their values and occurrences in a table? I did some...
thread by: handord | last post Jan 19 '08 by: handord
GOOD MORNING Friends : Today Message : A man can succeed in any endeavour for which he has unlimited enthusiasm. A man who cannot tolerate small ills can never accomplish great things.
thread by: baron06 | last post Jan 19 '08 by: baron06
Hi all ; I'm posting a html form with the code below req = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create("http://www.domain.com/login.php?"); req.AllowAutoRedirect = true; req.Method = "POST"; req.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"; byte bytes =...
thread by: =?Utf-8?B?eHl0c3Jt?= | last post Nov 17 '08 by: =?Utf-8?B?eHl0c3Jt?=
I'm interested in having a VB6 Application directly interact with the imbedded web-server of a networked device. Currently the device is manually controlled via logging into the device's web-server using the IE. Once logged in there are several control options that can be selected to control the device. I would like to automate this...
thread by: tiago.private | last post Nov 17 '08 by: tiago.private
Thanks Larry, Using Session to store the filter data, is out of my options (by design), normally using session leads to bad habits :). I think i have only 2 options: 1) At the client level (Javascript), some logic like: store current selections in a global variable before the submit check if the postback was caused by the filter
thread by: marius40 | last post Nov 17 '08 by: marius40
Hi, I would like to insert a number (siinto a Datagridview (VB.NET 2005) , BUT, i want to have a circle drawn around the number. Like a students Test score if he/she fails.
thread by: marius40 | last post Nov 17 '08 by: marius40
Hi, I would like to insert a number (siinto a Datagridview (VB.NET 2005) , BUT, i want to have a circle drawn around the number. Like a students Test score if he/she fails.
thread by: godavemon | last post Nov 17 '08 by: godavemon
I'm using urllib2 to pull pages for a custom version of a web proxy and am having issues with 404 errors. Urllib2 does a great job of letting me know that a 404 happened with the following code. import urllib2 url = 'http://cnn.com/asfsdafsadfasdf/' try: page = urllib2.urlopen( url ) except urllib2.URLError, e: print e
thread by: bob laughland | last post Nov 17 '08 by: bob laughland
Hi All, I am using a combination of LINQ to SQL and bulk insert. In the process of performing 'one unit of work' I will be doing things like reading, and deleting records using LINQ to SQL and then inserting new records using bulk insert. One problem I am having is trying to use a 'transaction' to wrap around the whole thing.

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.