470,810 Members | 1,148 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 470,810 developers. It's quick & easy.

Open Watcom

Does anyone at all use Open Watcom?

I have a couple of issues I have to iron out before I can get to work.
The newsgroup seems to be long dead (server doesn't respond)

Nickolai
Sep 22 '08 #1
7 2822
In article <gb**********@aioe.org>,
Nickolai Leschov <nl******@gmail.comwrote:
>Does anyone at all use Open Watcom?
Apparently, you do.
>I have a couple of issues I have to iron out before I can get to work.
The newsgroup seems to be long dead (server doesn't respond)
This newsgroup (comp.lang.c) is also dead, but it continues its ghostly
existence.

And that (what I wrote above) is the most helpful answer you'll ever get
here. Mostly, what you will get is a slew of "you're off topic"
nonsense.

Count on it.

Sep 22 '08 #2
Nickolai Leschov said:
Does anyone at all use Open Watcom?
Some people are bound to.
I have a couple of issues I have to iron out before I can get to work.
If you have C questions, ask them here. If you have Open Watcom questions,
ask in a platform-specific newsgroup...
The newsgroup seems to be long dead (server doesn't respond)
....presumably you mean a newsgroup specific to Watcom. In that eventuality,
I suggest that you ask compiler-specific questions in a platform group (eg
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 or comp.unix.programmer or whatever).
But if you have C questions, ask them here.

--
Richard Heathfield <http://www.cpax.org.uk>
Email: -http://www. +rjh@
Google users: <http://www.cpax.org.uk/prg/writings/googly.php>
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29 July 1999
Sep 22 '08 #3
In article <e-******************************@bt.com>,
Richard Heathfield <rj*@see.sig.invalidwrote:
>Nickolai Leschov said:
>Does anyone at all use Open Watcom?

Some people are bound to.
>I have a couple of issues I have to iron out before I can get to work.

If you have C questions, ask them here. If you have Open Watcom questions,
To the OP: Be aware that the definition of the term "C questions" used
around here (comp.lang.c) is not like any definition with which you are
familiar. So, what you, quite natually, think of as a "C question"
will, almost certainly be rejected here as being "off topic".

It is a strange world, this newsgroup.

Sep 22 '08 #4
Kenny McCormack wrote:
Richard Heathfield <rj*@see.sig.invalidwrote:
>Nickolai Leschov said:
>>Does anyone at all use Open Watcom?

Some people are bound to.
>>I have a couple of issues I have to iron out before I can get
to work.

If you have C questions, ask them here. If you have Open Watcom
questions,

To the OP: Be aware that the definition of the term "C questions"
used around here (comp.lang.c) is not like any definition with
which you are familiar. So, what you, quite natually, think of
as a "C question" will, almost certainly be rejected here as
being "off topic".
Bear in mind that McCormack is a troll, attempts to promote
dissension, and thus generally posts worthless commentary. The C
language is defined by the current (or some obsolete) C standards.
Anything not covered by those documents is off-topic. Including
the code for called routines can avoid this.

Some useful references about C:
<http://www.ungerhu.com/jxh/clc.welcome.txt>
<http://c-faq.com/ (C-faq)
<http://benpfaff.org/writings/clc/off-topic.html>
<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1256.pdf(C99)
<http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/n869_txt.bz2(C99, txt)
<http://www.dinkumware.com/c99.aspx (C-library}
<http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/ (GNU docs)
<http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/C_community:comp.lang.c:Introduction>

--
[mail]: Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net)
[page]: <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>
Try the download section.
Sep 22 '08 #5
In article <48***************@yahoo.com>,
CBFalconer <cb********@maineline.netwrote (slightly edited by me):
....
>Some useful references about how to deal with the comp.lang.c newsgroup:
<http://www.ungerhu.com/jxh/clc.welcome.txt>
<http://c-faq.com/ (C-faq)
<http://benpfaff.org/writings/clc/off-topic.html>
<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1256.pdf(C99)
<http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/n869_txt.bz2(C99, txt)
<http://www.dinkumware.com/c99.aspx (C-library}
<http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/ (GNU docs)
<http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/C_community:comp.lang.c:Introduction>
Yes, those are good - and helpful - although they have little to do with
the C language (in so far as most people are concerned with the C language).

Here are some more useful links for dealing with this newsgroup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language

Sep 22 '08 #6
Nickolai Leschov wrote:
Does anyone at all use Open Watcom?

I have a couple of issues I have to iron out before I can get to work.
The newsgroup seems to be long dead (server doesn't respond)

Nickolai
server news.openwatcom.org
group openwatcom.users.c_cpp

Keep trying. It is mostly alive, although I have seen the server fail to
respond on occasion.

Sep 23 '08 #7
user1 wrote:
Nickolai Leschov wrote:
>Does anyone at all use Open Watcom?

I have a couple of issues I have to iron out before I can get to work.
The newsgroup seems to be long dead (server doesn't respond)

Nickolai

server news.openwatcom.org
group openwatcom.users.c_cpp

Keep trying. It is mostly alive, although I have seen the server fail to
respond on occasion.
I have used watcom for the last 10 years, I have not updated
it though, so mine is still the old commercial version.
Sep 23 '08 #8

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

1 post views Thread by Philipp Claßen | last post: by
18 posts views Thread by Agent Mulder | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Spike | last post: by
reply views Thread by Basat | last post: by
8 posts views Thread by pemo | last post: by
reply views Thread by bob | last post: by
1 post views Thread by asoiguine | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.