By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
443,327 Members | 849 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 443,327 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Math class for Visual Basic.NET (matrix operations)

P: n/a
Hi everybody!

I have developed in C# and got in a news group a math class that make matrix
operations, eigenvals, eigenvecs, stat functions and much more, but now I
trying to develop software in Visual Basic.NET and wondering if does exist
something like that for Basic.NET.

I appreciate some help

Thank you
Carlos Villaseñor
Oct 27 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
10 Replies


P: n/a
"Ing. Carlos Villaseñor M." <cv*******@avantel.netschrieb:
I have developed in C# and got in a news group a math class that make
matrix
operations, eigenvals, eigenvecs, stat functions and much more, but now I
trying to develop software in Visual Basic.NET and wondering if does exist
something like that for Basic.NET.
Compile the C# class to a DLL file (project type Class Library) and
reference the project/library from your VB project.

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
V B <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/>

Oct 27 '06 #2

P: n/a
Correct, but look at the VisualBasic Namespace; a lot of these functions
are standard in VB.

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] wrote:
"Ing. Carlos Villaseñor M." <cv*******@avantel.netschrieb:
>I have developed in C# and got in a news group a math class that make
matrix
operations, eigenvals, eigenvecs, stat functions and much more, but now I
trying to develop software in Visual Basic.NET and wondering if does
exist
something like that for Basic.NET.
Compile the C# class to a DLL file (project type Class Library) and
reference the project/library from your VB project.
Oct 28 '06 #3

P: n/a
Yea, that is more likely the most correct answer in my idea.
Oct 28 '06 #4

P: n/a
"Theo Verweij" <tv******@xs4all.nlschrieb:
>Correct, but look at the VisualBasic Namespace; a lot of these functions
are standard in VB.
Matrix operation functions?!

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
V B <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/>

Oct 28 '06 #5

P: n/a
No.

But a lot of other stuff, like stat functions are available.

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] wrote:
"Theo Verweij" <tv******@xs4all.nlschrieb:
>Correct, but look at the VisualBasic Namespace; a lot of these
functions are standard in VB.

Matrix operation functions?!
Oct 28 '06 #6

P: n/a

"Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]" <hi***************@gmx.atschreef in bericht
news:eS****************@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
"Theo Verweij" <tv******@xs4all.nlschrieb:
>>Correct, but look at the VisualBasic Namespace; a lot of these functions
are standard in VB.

Matrix operation functions?!

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
V B <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/>
When some time ago I wanted to use matrix operations the only things I found
were the 3x3 matrices used in translating/rotating/shearing and so on.
So in the end had had to write my own methods for matrix multiplication and
matrix inversion in vb2005 express..
Have I overlooked something...?

Greetings
Oct 28 '06 #7

P: n/a
The GDI+ libraries in .NET include some matrix transformation methods, but
they are specifically designed to work with .NET's view of a graphics canvas.
There are a few matrix features in the book "Visual Basic 2005 Cookbook"
by O'Reilly Media, including matrix inversion, but it sounds like you may
already have some of those basics written.

-----
Tim Patrick
Start-to-Finish Visual Basic 2005
"Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]" <hi***************@gmx.atschreef in
bericht news:eS****************@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>"Theo Verweij" <tv******@xs4all.nlschrieb:
>>Correct, but look at the VisualBasic Namespace; a lot of these
functions are standard in VB.
Matrix operation functions?!

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
V B <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/>
When some time ago I wanted to use matrix operations the only things I
found
were the 3x3 matrices used in translating/rotating/shearing and so on.
So in the end had had to write my own methods for matrix
multiplication and
matrix inversion in vb2005 express..
Have I overlooked something...?
Greetings

Oct 28 '06 #8

P: n/a
I have a set of functions written in VB3 and also a set in VB.Net. If you
want, I can e-mail them to you. My e-mail is dh*****@houston.rr.com
--
Dennis in Houston
"Ing. Carlos Villaseñor M." wrote:
Hi everybody!

I have developed in C# and got in a news group a math class that make matrix
operations, eigenvals, eigenvecs, stat functions and much more, but now I
trying to develop software in Visual Basic.NET and wondering if does exist
something like that for Basic.NET.

I appreciate some help

Thank you
Carlos Villaseñor
Oct 28 '06 #9

P: n/a
You may find this interesting: http://www.bluebit.gr/NET/

Oct 30 '06 #10

P: n/a

"Trifon" <tr*****@otenet.grschreef in bericht
news:11**********************@e3g2000cwe.googlegro ups.com...
You may find this interesting: http://www.bluebit.gr/NET/
Yes, looks nice!
But still, should VB2005 not include basic matrix functions?

I'm (trying) porting some programs from TranEraHTBasic to VB. It came as a
bit of surprise to me that in VB2005 I had to write my own routines to do
matrix multiplication and matrix inversion. These are simply commands in
TransEraHTBasic (even in the 15-years old edition I'm using).
These commands are not too esoteric, if you work with e.g. simultaneous
equations, you really need them!
Suppose that you would want to calculate the square root of a number. And
there was not a function for that in VB2005!
I don't think anyone would be satisfied with the idee that if you wanted to
do that, that there is always the possibility to use third party software to
achieve this.

Greetings

Jaap

Oct 30 '06 #11

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.