By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
443,571 Members | 1,659 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 443,571 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

viewing PDF in VB.Net

P: n/a
Hi all,

does anyone have any pointers about
how to view PDF files in a vb.net windows
form?

Thanks,

Jason.
Nov 21 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
You can try using the Adobe Activex control..
--
Rgds,
Anand
VB.NET MVP
http://www.dotnetindia.com
"Jason James" wrote:
Hi all,

does anyone have any pointers about
how to view PDF files in a vb.net windows
form?

Thanks,

Jason.

Nov 21 '05 #2

P: n/a
Anand,

this control seems to work for the first PDF file,
but then it seems to crash and not load any
more files. Could I be doing something wrong?
Do you have any sample code?

Thanks,

Jason.

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 05:13:04 -0700, "=?Utf-8?B?QW5hbmRbTVZQXQ==?="
<An******@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
You can try using the Adobe Activex control..
--
Rgds,
Anand
VB.NET MVP
http://www.dotnetindia.com
"Jason James" wrote:
Hi all,

does anyone have any pointers about
how to view PDF files in a vb.net windows
form?

Thanks,

Jason.


Nov 21 '05 #3

P: n/a
Jason,
Last time I checked into this (called Adobe support), they do not
support this ActiveX Reader control being hosted outside of a web
browser, hence the problems. I too wanted to use the control in a
window application but had to give up. You might contact Adobe yourself
to check again.

Jason Newell, MCAD
Software Engineer
Jason James wrote:
Anand,

this control seems to work for the first PDF file,
but then it seems to crash and not load any
more files. Could I be doing something wrong?
Do you have any sample code?

Thanks,

Jason.

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 05:13:04 -0700, "=?Utf-8?B?QW5hbmRbTVZQXQ==?="
<An******@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

You can try using the Adobe Activex control..
--
Rgds,
Anand
VB.NET MVP
http://www.dotnetindia.com
"Jason James" wrote:

Hi all,

does anyone have any pointers about
how to view PDF files in a vb.net windows
form?

Thanks,

Jason.


Nov 21 '05 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.