471,853 Members | 1,129 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post +

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 471,853 software developers and data experts.

CRC Check

Does VB.Net have any class that will calculate the CRC of a binary file or
byte array? If not, does anyone have any code that does this. Thanks.
--
Dennis in Houston
Nov 21 '05 #1
4 11242
On 2004-09-11, Dennis <De****@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
Does VB.Net have any class that will calculate the CRC of a binary file or
byte array?
No, but SHA-1 and MD5 are built in.

If not, does anyone have any code that does this. Thanks.


There's some ready-to-use CS code for zip-compatible CRC32 at

http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/NE...32/article.asp
Nov 21 '05 #2
Hi,

Sure. But, there are lots of CRCs possible. Do you have a specific one in
mind?

Dick

--
Richard Grier (Microsoft Visual Basic MVP)

See www.hardandsoftware.net for contact information.

Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 4th
Edition ISBN 1-890422-28-2 (391 pages) published July 2004.
Nov 21 '05 #3
Thanks for link...it works great and just what I needed to calculate the
CRC-32 value.

"David" wrote:
On 2004-09-11, Dennis <De****@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
Does VB.Net have any class that will calculate the CRC of a binary file or
byte array?


No, but SHA-1 and MD5 are built in.

If not, does anyone have any code that does this. Thanks.


There's some ready-to-use CS code for zip-compatible CRC32 at

http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/NE...32/article.asp

Nov 21 '05 #4
CRC-32. However, I got the link from David and it works for me. Thanks for
answering my post.

"Dick Grier" wrote:
Hi,

Sure. But, there are lots of CRCs possible. Do you have a specific one in
mind?

Dick

--
Richard Grier (Microsoft Visual Basic MVP)

See www.hardandsoftware.net for contact information.

Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 4th
Edition ISBN 1-890422-28-2 (391 pages) published July 2004.

Nov 21 '05 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

17 posts views Thread by Craig Bailey | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by Askari | last post: by
7 posts views Thread by Tony Johnson | last post: by
1 post views Thread by scprosportsman | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by Chris Davoli | last post: by
NeoPa
reply views Thread by NeoPa | last post: by
reply views Thread by YellowAndGreen | last post: by
aboka
reply views Thread by aboka | last post: by

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.