By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
438,263 Members | 1,321 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 438,263 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Problems with crystal after sql server protocol encryption

jeffstl
Expert 100+
P: 432
After checking the box "Force Protocol Encryption" on SQL Server Network Utility there are several Crystal reports that begin to throw the following error when run

Query Engine Error: '08S01:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Communication link failure'

Go back into the Server Network Utility and uncheck the Force Protocol Encryption and they work fine again.

Is there anyone that has encountered this before? Used the protocol encryption before? Any ideas about what to do?

FYI - I have re-selected the data sources on the .rpt files and it made no difference. I also tried to check around for ODBC type of properties that might need to be changed. The only thing I ended up trying was the below in the app to see if it made any difference (.NET)
Where tLogin is CrystalDecisions.Shared.TableLogOnInfo
Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1.                     'Trying the below settings to get crystal reports to run with forced protocol encryption on sql server
  2.                     tLogin.ConnectionInfo.IntegratedSecurity = True
  3.                     tLogin.ConnectionInfo.AllowCustomConnection = True
  4.  
  5.  
Nov 24 '09 #1
Share this question for a faster answer!
Share on Google+

Post your reply

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.