469,281 Members | 2,484 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,281 developers. It's quick & easy.

Mixed Authentication

Hi All,

We have started to get the strangest errors with our SQL Server. We use
Windows and SQL Server authentication, and have done successfully for
the last year or so. However last week i had trouble connecting to the
enterprise manager with my domain credentials. Users connecting to Query
Analyser have no problems when using their SQL Server logins, the issue
only seems to arrise when a Domain account is provided for
authentication. If we reboot the server all is well for about 1 - 2
hours and then we loose the Domain credentials again. Even SQL Agent
fails to work when stated with the DOMAIN\Administrator account!

As i said this has worked for a long time, and we have not made any
changes to the Domain or installed any patches for any of the servers.
The error messages normally involve something along the lines of "No
User 'NULL' blah blah" and "No Trusted SQL Server". We also have an
excel report that is failing with the SQL Server error number 18452. I
have looked this up on MSDN, and this seems to fall in to the same
category as our other errors.

Any Ideas?

We can't reboot the server every 2 hours!

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
Jul 20 '05 #1
1 2776
Adam Stewart (ad***@gem.co.uk) writes:
We have started to get the strangest errors with our SQL Server. We use
Windows and SQL Server authentication, and have done successfully for
the last year or so. However last week i had trouble connecting to the
enterprise manager with my domain credentials. Users connecting to Query
Analyser have no problems when using their SQL Server logins, the issue
only seems to arrise when a Domain account is provided for
authentication. If we reboot the server all is well for about 1 - 2
hours and then we loose the Domain credentials again. Even SQL Agent
fails to work when stated with the DOMAIN\Administrator account!

As i said this has worked for a long time, and we have not made any
changes to the Domain or installed any patches for any of the servers.
The error messages normally involve something along the lines of "No
User 'NULL' blah blah" and "No Trusted SQL Server". We also have an
excel report that is failing with the SQL Server error number 18452. I
have looked this up on MSDN, and this seems to fall in to the same
category as our other errors.


I would suspect that this is more of a Windows issue than an SQL Server
issue, so you may have better success in a Windows forum.
--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, so****@algonet.se

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinf...2000/books.asp
Jul 20 '05 #2

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

1 post views Thread by Invalidlastname | last post: by
reply views Thread by tripwater | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by tripwater | last post: by
1 post views Thread by camainc | last post: by
reply views Thread by zhoujie | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.