469,285 Members | 2,554 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,285 developers. It's quick & easy.

SQLDMO - Operating System Cannot Run %1

I have code that instantiates a sqlserver object and starts a job. I
have used this on numerous XP workstations successfully, when I tried
to move this to a Windows 2000 Application Server attached to a Small
Business Windows 2003 network and run the code, I am receiving the
error:

Automation Error. The Operating System Cannot Run %1.
(Error Number -2147024714)

The following is a code snippet:

*********
Dim app As New SQLDMO.Application
Dim oSQLServer As New SQLDMO.SQLServer
Dim oJob As SQLDMO.Job

oSQLServer.LoginTimeout = 30 ' ERROR OCCURS HERE
oSQLServer.LoginSecure = True
**********

The code fails when setting the LoginTimout parameter. The SQLDMO.dll
has been registered successfully on the server.

Any ideas whey the behavior of this code is different on my application
server vs the client workstations on the network?

Thanks

Mike G

Jul 23 '05 #1
2 8425
As an addendum:

I had a batch program that copied certain dlls to directories on my
local machine. All of the XP machines utilized the directory
c:\windows\System32. The server however utilized the directory
c:\WINNT\System32. Hence, my batch file was failing to copy over some
of the pertinent batch files ( I had hardcoded the path instead of
using system variables). In any event, this got me through the issue
of setting parameters on the SQLServer object. However, when I tried
to use the connect method (oSqlServerObject.Connect "<Server Name>",
"Login ID>","<Password>") I am now getting the error message
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid attribute/option identifier.
Using intellisense, I am definitely sending the connect method the
proper parameters, and, as I mentioned before, it works on my XP
desktops. Any ideas? Thanks.

Jul 23 '05 #2
I ended up going back and installing MDAC 2.8 on the application
server. This must have resolved an issue with one of the dependent dll
files. My application works fine now.

Jul 23 '05 #3

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

2 posts views Thread by John Dalberg | last post: by
1 post views Thread by | last post: by
6 posts views Thread by Henry Padilla | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by Neo Chou | last post: by
reply views Thread by Craig G | last post: by
1 post views Thread by PJHORNSA | last post: by
1 post views Thread by CARIGAR | last post: by
reply views Thread by zhoujie | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.