By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
443,275 Members | 1,745 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 443,275 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Python and Harry Potter?

P: n/a
Hi,
just to let you know ...

Today I've got an email from Amazon recommending me
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

and they told me why they recommended this book,
because I've bought
Core PYTHON Programming

Didn't know, Harry Potter is a Python fan.
--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany
Jun 27 '08 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
5 Replies


P: n/a
On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:58:14 +0200, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
Today I've got an email from Amazon recommending me
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

and they told me why they recommended this book,
because I've bought
Core PYTHON Programming

Didn't know, Harry Potter is a Python fan.
I would've expected something with more magic, like Perl. :-)

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch
Jun 27 '08 #2

P: n/a
Python fan??? Harry speaks Python fluently. We should all be so
lucky!

I'm told Harry is looking forward to Py3K and getting rid of all the
old (hog)warts ....
Jun 27 '08 #3

P: n/a
Helmut Jarausch wrote:
Hi,
just to let you know ...

Today I've got an email from Amazon recommending me
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

and they told me why they recommended this book,
because I've bought
Core PYTHON Programming

Didn't know, Harry Potter is a Python fan.
If you scan the alt.fan.harry-potter archives carefully, you will find at least
one well-known Python core developer. :-)

--
Hans Nowak (zephyrfalcon at gmail dot com)
http://4.flowsnake.org/
Jun 27 '08 #4

P: n/a
Casey wrote:
Python fan??? Harry speaks Python fluently. We should all be so
lucky!

I'm told Harry is looking forward to Py3K and getting rid of all
the old (hog)warts ....
Well, how about another Python renaming flame thread then? Let's
call Python 3.0 "Parselmouth" instead ...

Regards,
Björn

--
BOFH excuse #83:

Support staff hung over, send aspirin and come back LATER.

Jun 27 '08 #5

P: n/a
On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Hans Nowak
<ze*******************@gmail.comwrote:
Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>>
Hi,
just to let you know ...

Today I've got an email from Amazon recommending me
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

and they told me why they recommended this book,
because I've bought
Core PYTHON Programming

Didn't know, Harry Potter is a Python fan.

If you scan the alt.fan.harry-potter archives carefully, you will find at
least one well-known Python core developer. :-)

Maybe Guido himself:
"The Harry Potter Theory of Programming Language Design"
http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpo...?thread=123234

--
Hans Nowak (zephyrfalcon at gmail dot com)
http://4.flowsnake.org/
--
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list


--
Eduardo de Oliveira Padoan
http://www.advogato.org/person/eopadoan/
http://twitter.com/edcrypt
Bookmarks: http://del.icio.us/edcrypt
Jun 27 '08 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.