469,641 Members | 1,116 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,641 developers. It's quick & easy.

make images with python

I need make some images using python but i'm lost :P

i need some module to make .png (with drawline, drawcircle, drawpoint
etc etc etc )

like gd for php :P

thants :D

Aug 15 '07 #1
4 1620
stefano <ss********@gmail.comwrote:
I need make some images using python but i'm lost :P
<http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/>

--
Lawrence, oluyede.org - neropercaso.it
"It is difficult to get a man to understand
something when his salary depends on not
understanding it" - Upton Sinclair
Aug 15 '07 #2
Lawrence Oluyede wrote:
stefano <ss********@gmail.comwrote:
>I need make some images using python but i'm lost :P

<http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/>
If you want to do antialiased drawings into images,
you might rather want to look for pil at

http://effbot.org/downloads/

and grab PIL together with the aggdraw extension
(while "core" PIL includes some drawing primitives,
last time I tried they weren't antialiased).

Best, BB

Aug 15 '07 #3
In message <ma***************************************@python. org>, Boris
Borcic wrote:
Lawrence Oluyede wrote:
>stefano <ss********@gmail.comwrote:
>>I need make some images using python but i'm lost :P

<http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/>

If you want to do antialiased drawings into images,
you might rather want to look for pil at

http://effbot.org/downloads/

and grab PIL together with the aggdraw extension
(while "core" PIL includes some drawing primitives,
last time I tried they weren't antialiased).
I see that PIL supports image resizing
<http://www.pythonware.com/library/pil/handbook/image.htmwith filters
that can be used for antialiasing. So just do all your drawing at, say,
200% scale, then downsample with Image.resize to antialias.
Aug 25 '07 #4
Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
In message <ma***************************************@python. org>, Boris
Borcic wrote:
>Lawrence Oluyede wrote:
>>stefano <ss********@gmail.comwrote:
I need make some images using python but i'm lost :P
<http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/>
If you want to do antialiased drawings into images,
you might rather want to look for pil at

http://effbot.org/downloads/

and grab PIL together with the aggdraw extension
(while "core" PIL includes some drawing primitives,
last time I tried they weren't antialiased).

I see that PIL supports image resizing
<http://www.pythonware.com/library/pil/handbook/image.htmwith filters
that can be used for antialiasing. So just do all your drawing at, say,
200% scale, then downsample with Image.resize to antialias.
That certainly worked very well for rendering text.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC/Ltd http://www.holdenweb.com
Skype: holdenweb http://del.icio.us/steve.holden
--------------- Asciimercial ------------------
Get on the web: Blog, lens and tag the Internet
Many services currently offer free registration
----------- Thank You for Reading -------------

Aug 27 '07 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

5 posts views Thread by Andreas Volz | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by dr_tyson | last post: by
15 posts views Thread by Thomas W | last post: by
reply views Thread by Daniel Nogradi | last post: by
6 posts views Thread by lanwrangler | last post: by
tharden3
2 posts views Thread by tharden3 | last post: by
reply views Thread by gheharukoh7 | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.