By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
455,596 Members | 1,427 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 455,596 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

distutils

P: n/a
Hello again,

Is there any patch for python "distutils", for this
>>from distutils import log,dir_util
ImportError: cannot import name log
Regards,
Vedran

Aug 7 '07 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
7 Replies


P: n/a
ve***********@v-programs.com wrote:
Hello again,

Is there any patch for python "distutils", for this
>>>from distutils import log,dir_util
ImportError: cannot import name log
What version of Python are you running with? It looks as though there
may be something wrong with your installation if it's recent:

sholden@bigboy ~/Projects/Python
$ python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, May 18 2007, 16:56:43)
[GCC 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)] on cygwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>from distutils import log
import distutils.log
regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC/Ltd http://www.holdenweb.com
Skype: holdenweb http://del.icio.us/steve.holden
--------------- Asciimercial ------------------
Get on the web: Blog, lens and tag the Internet
Many services currently offer free registration
----------- Thank You for Reading -------------

Aug 7 '07 #2

P: n/a
On 7 kol, 14:53, Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.comwrote:
vedrandeko...@v-programs.com wrote:
Hello again,
Is there any patch for python "distutils", for this
>>from distutils import log,dir_util
ImportError: cannot import name log

What version of Python are you running with? It looks as though there
may be something wrong with your installation if it's recent:

sholden@bigboy ~/Projects/Python
$ python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, May 18 2007, 16:56:43)
[GCC 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)] on cygwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>from distutils import log
>>import distutils.log
>>>

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC/Ltd http://www.holdenweb.com
Skype: holdenweb http://del.icio.us/steve.holden
--------------- Asciimercial ------------------
Get on the web: Blog, lens and tag the Internet
Many services currently offer free registration
----------- Thank You for Reading -------------
Hello,

My version of python is 2.4 and I'am running it with Windows XP

Aug 7 '07 #3

P: n/a
ve***********@v-programs.com wrote:
On 7 kol, 14:53, Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.comwrote:
>vedrandeko...@v-programs.com wrote:
>>Hello again,
Is there any patch for python "distutils", for this
>from distutils import log,dir_util
ImportError: cannot import name log
What version of Python are you running with? It looks as though there
may be something wrong with your installation if it's recent:

sholden@bigboy ~/Projects/Python
$ python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, May 18 2007, 16:56:43)
[GCC 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)] on cygwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
> >>from distutils import log
import distutils.log
Hello,

My version of python is 2.4 and I'am running it with Windows XP
Your installation must be corrupted, then:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Steve>\python24\python
Python 2.4.4 (#71, Oct 18 2006, 08:34:43) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>from distutils import log

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC/Ltd http://www.holdenweb.com
Skype: holdenweb http://del.icio.us/steve.holden
--------------- Asciimercial ------------------
Get on the web: Blog, lens and tag the Internet
Many services currently offer free registration
----------- Thank You for Reading -------------

Aug 7 '07 #4

P: n/a
On 7 kol, 18:00, Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.comwrote:
vedrandeko...@v-programs.com wrote:
On 7 kol, 14:53, Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.comwrote:
vedrandeko...@v-programs.com wrote:
Hello again,
Is there any patch for python "distutils", for this
from distutils import log,dir_util
ImportError: cannot import name log
What version of Python are you running with? It looks as though there
may be something wrong with your installation if it's recent:
sholden@bigboy ~/Projects/Python
$ python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, May 18 2007, 16:56:43)
[GCC 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)] on cygwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>from distutils import log
>>import distutils.log
Hello,
My version of python is 2.4 and I'am running it with Windows XP

Your installation must be corrupted, then:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Steve>\python24\python
Python 2.4.4 (#71, Oct 18 2006, 08:34:43) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>from distutils import log
>>>

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC/Ltd http://www.holdenweb.com
Skype: holdenweb http://del.icio.us/steve.holden
--------------- Asciimercial ------------------
Get on the web: Blog, lens and tag the Internet
Many services currently offer free registration
----------- Thank You for Reading -------------
Hi,

Is there any other solution I need this for script installing with
setuptools,now I was install and Python 2.5 too,but same error
again.

PS: I was try your previously example also:

cd c:\Python24\python

then:
>>from distutils import log - but same error again
any other solution?

Regards,
Vedran

Aug 7 '07 #5

P: n/a
ve***********@v-programs.com wrote:
Hello again,

Is there any patch for python "distutils", for this
>>>from distutils import log,dir_util
ImportError: cannot import name log
Regards,
Vedran
Are you sure you haven't written a module yourself called distutils.py ?
(that one will hide the standard distutils module)

--irmen
Aug 7 '07 #6

P: n/a
On 7 kol, 19:37, Irmen de Jong <irmen.NOS...@xs4all.nlwrote:
vedrandeko...@v-programs.com wrote:
Hello again,
Is there any patch for python "distutils", for this
>>from distutils import log,dir_util
ImportError: cannot import name log
Regards,
Vedran

Are you sure you haven't written a module yourself called distutils.py ?
(that one will hide the standard distutils module)

--irmen

I was search for all distutils files and folders and I'am sure there
is no distutils except "c:\Python24\Lib\distutils"

Regards,
Vedran

Aug 7 '07 #7

P: n/a
ve***********@v-programs.com wrote:
On 7 kol, 19:37, Irmen de Jong <irmen.NOS...@xs4all.nlwrote:
>Are you sure you haven't written a module yourself called distutils.py ?
(that one will hide the standard distutils module)
I was search for all distutils files and folders and I'am sure there
is no distutils except "c:\Python24\Lib\distutils"
What does
>>import distutils
distutils.__file__
'/usr/lib/python2.5/distutils/__init__.pyc'

print on your machine?

Peter

Aug 7 '07 #8

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.