471,312 Members | 1,884 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post +

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 471,312 software developers and data experts.

wxPython / Dabo demo shell ?

hello,

I was impressed by the demo shell of wxPython,
and a few days ago (finally getting Dabo to work),
I saw Dabo uses the same demo shell.

Is there any more information available about this shell,
because it seems a very nice / good way to show
(many) demos, in an organized way to newbies.

thanks,
Stef mientki
Jun 8 '07 #1
6 1918
On Jun 8, 2007, at 3:14 AM, stef wrote:
I was impressed by the demo shell of wxPython,
and a few days ago (finally getting Dabo to work),
I saw Dabo uses the same demo shell.

Is there any more information available about this shell,
because it seems a very nice / good way to show
(many) demos, in an organized way to newbies.
There isn't a common shell. I wrote DaboDemo from scratch, using the
Dabo Class Designer visual tools; you can actually open up the demo
in the Class Designer and edit the entire thing!

I just thought that the wxPython demo was such a great way to
explore wxPython and try out new things that I blatantly copied it. ;-)

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com
Jun 8 '07 #2
On 6/8/07, stef <s.*******@id.umcn.nlwrote:
hello,

I was impressed by the demo shell of wxPython,
and a few days ago (finally getting Dabo to work),
I saw Dabo uses the same demo shell.

Is there any more information available about this shell,
because it seems a very nice / good way to show
(many) demos, in an organized way to newbies.

thanks,
Stef mientki
--
The shell in the wxPython demo (but apparently not in the dabo demo,
as per Ed's email) is from the wx.py package. It's quite trivial to
add to your own applications, documentation is at
http://www.wxpython.org/PyManual.html
Jun 8 '07 #3
On Jun 8, 2007, at 8:59 AM, Chris Mellon wrote:
The shell in the wxPython demo (but apparently not in the dabo demo,
as per Ed's email) is from the wx.py package. It's quite trivial to
add to your own applications, documentation is at
http://www.wxpython.org/PyManual.html
I may be wrong, but I believe that the OP was interested in the
overall frame, contents, and inner workings of the wxPython demo
application (and DaboDemo), not the PyShell interpreter.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com
Jun 8 '07 #4
Ed Leafe wrote:
On Jun 8, 2007, at 8:59 AM, Chris Mellon wrote:
>The shell in the wxPython demo (but apparently not in the dabo demo,
as per Ed's email) is from the wx.py package. It's quite trivial to
add to your own applications, documentation is at
http://www.wxpython.org/PyManual.html

I may be wrong, but I believe that the OP was interested in the
overall frame, contents, and inner workings of the wxPython demo
application (and DaboDemo), not the PyShell interpreter.
Yes you're right Ed,
I'm interested in the overall demo setup,
really beautiful and powerful, just one thing missing (user configurable
tree).

And if you can copy it,
I'm allowed to do so also ;-)

thanks,
Stef
>
-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com

Jun 8 '07 #5
On Jun 8, 2007, at 10:01 AM, stef wrote:
I'm interested in the overall demo setup,
really beautiful and powerful, just one thing missing (user
configurable
tree).

And if you can copy it,
I'm allowed to do so also ;-)
You can certainly copy and customize the DaboDemo code. There is a
folder named 'samples' that contains the the code for each individual
demo. If you look at a few of those, you should be able to figure out
how to create your own. The tree is created dynamically at startup,
based on the files in the 'samples' directory, and each of those
files' 'category' attribute.

If you have any further questions, it would probably be best to post
them to the dabo-users list. You can sign up for it at http://
leafe.com/mailman/listinfo/dabo-users

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com
Jun 8 '07 #6
Ed Leafe wrote:
On Jun 8, 2007, at 10:01 AM, stef wrote:
>I'm interested in the overall demo setup,
really beautiful and powerful, just one thing missing (user configurable
tree).

And if you can copy it,
I'm allowed to do so also ;-)

You can certainly copy and customize the DaboDemo code. There is a
folder named 'samples' that contains the the code for each individual
demo. If you look at a few of those, you should be able to figure out
how to create your own. The tree is created dynamically at startup,
based on the files in the 'samples' directory, and each of those files'
'category' attribute.

If you have any further questions, it would probably be best to post
them to the dabo-users list. You can sign up for it at
http://leafe.com/mailman/listinfo/dabo-users
Thanks very much for the information,
I'll look in that in more detail in the near future.

cheers,
Stef
>
-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com

Jun 8 '07 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

2 posts views Thread by CYBER | last post: by
217 posts views Thread by gyromagnetic | last post: by
14 posts views Thread by Rod W | last post: by
25 posts views Thread by Daniel Jonsson | last post: by
5 posts views Thread by Andrew P | last post: by
16 posts views Thread by Andrea Gavana | last post: by

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.