By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
449,278 Members | 1,106 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 449,278 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

win32com.client

P: n/a
Hi
Any one tell me where I can get (or download) python modules win32com
or win32com.client because I have to use "Dispatch" thanks

Jan 31 '07 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
12 Replies


P: n/a
vithi wrote:
Hi
Any one tell me where I can get (or download) python modules win32com
or win32com.client because I have to use "Dispatch" thanks

You want the "python for windows" extension, available from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

Gary Herron

Jan 31 '07 #2

P: n/a
This is not I was looking for. There is a module call
"win32com.client" in python some people used it If any body know about
it let me know.

On Jan 31, 1:45 pm, Gary Herron <gher...@islandtraining.comwrote:
vithi wrote:
Hi
Any one tell me where I can get (or download) python modules win32com
or win32com.client because I have to use "Dispatch" thanks

You want the "python for windows" extension, available from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

Gary Herron

Feb 1 '07 #3

P: n/a
"vithi" <vi*****@hotmail.comwrote in
news:11**********************@k78g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com:
Hi
Any one tell me where I can get (or download) python modules
win32com or win32com.client because I have to use "Dispatch"
thanks
What distribution are you using? If you are using Windows and have
downloaded the Python.org one, then, as Gary has told you:
"You want the "python for windows" extension, available from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/"

I think the ActiveState distro includes it as part of its package.

I don't know if any of this applies if you are using Linux, VMS, etc.

--
rzed
Feb 1 '07 #4

P: n/a
En Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:17:10 -0300, vithi <vi*****@hotmail.comescribió:
This is not I was looking for. There is a module call
"win32com.client" in python some people used it If any body know about
it let me know.

On Jan 31, 1:45 pm, Gary Herron <gher...@islandtraining.comwrote:
>vithi wrote:
Hi
Any one tell me where I can get (or download) python modules win32com
or win32com.client because I have to use "Dispatch" thanks

You want the "python for windows" extension, available from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/
Yes. You get the win32com module from the above url. It's part of that
package, by Mark Hammond, and a lot of people uses it.

--
Gabriel Genellina

Feb 1 '07 #5

P: n/a
Hi,
If you are saying win32com in part of the python then you are wrong.
Here is a prove:-

IDLE 1.2
>>import win32com
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
import win32com
ImportError: No module named win32com
>>>
you try in your computer

On Jan 31, 7:17 pm, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl...@yahoo.com.arwrote:
En Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:17:10 -0300, vithi <vith...@hotmail.comescribió:
This is not I was looking for. There is a module call
"win32com.client" in python some people used it If any body know about
it let me know.
On Jan 31, 1:45 pm, Gary Herron <gher...@islandtraining.comwrote:
vithi wrote:
Hi
Any one tell me where I can get (or download) python modules win32com
or win32com.client because I have to use "Dispatch" thanks
You want the "python for windows" extension, available from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

Yes. You get the win32com module from the above url. It's part of that
package, by Mark Hammond, and a lot of people uses it.

--
Gabriel Genellina

Feb 2 '07 #6

P: n/a
On Jan 31, 6:35 pm, rzed <rzan...@gmail.comwrote:
"vithi" <vith...@hotmail.comwrote innews:11**********************@k78g2000cwa.google groups.com:
Hi
Any one tell me where I can get (or download) python modules
win32com or win32com.client because I have to use "Dispatch"
thanks

What distribution are you using? If you are using Windows and have
downloaded the Python.org one, then, as Gary has told you:
"You want the "python for windows" extension, available from http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/"

I think the ActiveState distro includes it as part of its package.

I don't know if any of this applies if you are using Linux, VMS, etc.

--
rzed

Feb 2 '07 #7

P: n/a
Hi,
I use python for window. If you are saying win32com in part of the
python then you are wrong.
Here is a prove:-

IDLE 1.2
>>import win32com

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
import win32com
ImportError: No module named win32com
>>>

you try in your computer

vithi

Feb 2 '07 #8

P: n/a
En Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:18:49 -0300, vithi <vi*****@hotmail.comescribió:
If you are saying win32com in part of the python then you are wrong.
Uh, what is so difficult to understand?

vithi wrote:
>Any one tell me where I can get (or download) python modules win32com
On Jan 31, 1:45 pm, Gary Herron <gher...@islandtraining.comwrote:
>You want the "python for windows" extension, available from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/
You didn't believe him, so I wrote:
>Yes. You get the win32com module from the above url. It's part of that
package, by Mark Hammond, and a lot of people uses it.
rzed <rz*****@gmail.comwrote:
>I think the ActiveState distro includes it as part of its package.
vithi wrote:
>>>import win32com

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
import win32com
ImportError: No module named win32com
>>>>
Sure, you don't have it installed, else you would not be asking here.
you try in your computer
Why should I?

--
Gabriel Genellina

Feb 2 '07 #9

P: n/a
"vithi" <vi*****@hotmail.comwrote in
news:11*********************@a34g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com:
Hi,
I use python for window. If you are saying win32com in part of
the
python then you are wrong.
That is not what I or anyone else is saying. What we have said,
perhaps not in words you understand, is this:

1) In your browser, enter this URL:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

2) When the page comes up, find the big green box that says
"Download Python for Windows extensions" and click on it

3) In the next page that comes up, find the big green box that
says "Download" and click on that. That will bring up a page with
a list of installers, each with a name that indicates what Python
release the module goes with. If you have the 2.4 release, for
instance, click on pywin32-210.win32-py2.4.exe to download the
matching pywin32 installer.

4) When you have downloaded the installer, click on it in your
Windows Explorer. This will execute the installer, and the entire
pywin32 package will be installed, including win32com.

Try those steps, then try importing win32com again.

--
rzed

Feb 2 '07 #10

P: n/a
"vithi" <vi*****@hotmail.comwrote:
>Hi,
I use python for window. If you are saying win32com in part of the
python then you are wrong.
Look, you aren't paying attention. No one has said win32com is part of
Python. What everyone has said is that win32com is part of the "Python for
Windows extensions" by Mark Hammond. They used to be called "win32all" and
are now called "pywin32".

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32

The download includes a huge number of useful Python tools for Windows
users, of which win32com is just one.
>Here is a prove:-
>>>import win32com

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
import win32com
ImportError: No module named win32com
>>>>

you try in your computer
It works just fine in my computer, because I have "pywin32" installed.
--
Tim Roberts, ti**@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
Feb 2 '07 #11

P: n/a
rzed,
1) In your browser, enter this URL:http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/
[...]
Try those steps, then try importing win32com again.
man, you are SOOOOO 2005. Could'nt you please make a screen cap video,
upload it to youtube and give a pointer to it on your blog?
*wink*

Harald
Feb 2 '07 #12

P: n/a
btw... the statement with "youtube" was a joke.

I really applaud rzed you for giving this detailed descriptions,
people like him make the spirit of c.l.p.: People get help here WAY
over what commercial support usually gets you.

Thanks for doing that, rzed!

best wishes,

HArald

Feb 2 '07 #13

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.