By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
443,907 Members | 1,932 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 443,907 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

python and MOV or MPEG

P: n/a
Hi all,

does Python support MPEG or MOV videoclips? I couldn't find anything about
it online.

Thank you,

Siggi


Jan 15 '07 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
4 Replies


P: n/a
siggi wrote:
Hi all,

does Python support MPEG or MOV videoclips? I couldn't find anything about
it online.
Weak in googling today? Must have been a rough weekend.

There are several options, including pymedia and pygame.

Diez
Jan 15 '07 #2

P: n/a

Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
siggi wrote:
>Hi all,

does Python support MPEG or MOV videoclips? I couldn't find anything
about it online.

Weak in googling today? Must have been a rough weekend.

There are several options, including pymedia and pygame.

Diez
Thanks, Diez. I forgot to mention that I am learning Python with python 2.5
on WinXP. And both pymedia and pygame require somewhat older versions of
python, 1.3 and 2.4, respectively. And the updated binaries are still in the
offing. I was naive enough to think MPEG could be done using modules already
existing.

siggi

Jan 15 '07 #3

P: n/a
siggi wrote:
Thanks, Diez. I forgot to mention that I am learning Python with
python 2.5 on WinXP. And both pymedia and pygame require somewhat
older versions of python, 1.3 and 2.4, respectively.
1.3? I've found both for 2.4, and in one site's forum some guy
offers windows binaries for 2.5.

Regards,
Björn

--
BOFH excuse #303:

fractal radiation jamming the backbone

Jan 15 '07 #4

P: n/a
"Bjoern Schliessmann" wrote:
1.3? I've found both for 2.4, and in one site's forum some guy
offers windows binaries for 2.5.
The links, please!

Thank you,

siggi
"Bjoern Schliessmann" <us**************************@spamgourmet.comschri eb
im Newsbeitrag news:51*************@mid.individual.net...
siggi wrote:
>Thanks, Diez. I forgot to mention that I am learning Python with
python 2.5 on WinXP. And both pymedia and pygame require somewhat
older versions of python, 1.3 and 2.4, respectively.

1.3? I've found both for 2.4, and in one site's forum some guy
offers windows binaries for 2.5.

Regards,
Björn

--
BOFH excuse #303:

fractal radiation jamming the backbone

Jan 15 '07 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.