By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
440,629 Members | 1,222 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 440,629 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

I/O Multiplexing and non blocking socket

P: n/a
Hi guys,
I'm looking for a tutorial to make a client with a i/o multiplexing and
non blocking socket.

Anybody knows where is a tutorial?
Tnx

Dec 1 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
4 Replies


P: n/a
Salvatore Di Fazio wrote:
I'm looking for a tutorial to make a client with a i/o
multiplexing and non blocking socket.

Anybody knows where is a tutorial?
Perhaps a bit of an overkill, but try this:

http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/co...o/clients.html

Regards,
Björn

--
BOFH excuse #30:

positron router malfunction

Dec 1 '06 #2

P: n/a

Jean-Paul Calderone ha scritto:
On 1 Dec 2006 06:07:28 -0800, Salvatore Di Fazio <sa***************@gmail.comwrote:
Hi guys,
I'm looking for a tutorial to make a client with a i/o multiplexing and
non blocking socket.

Anybody knows where is a tutorial?

http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/co...o/clients.html

Jean-Paul
Thank you guys, but I would like to use the standard libraries

Dec 1 '06 #3

P: n/a
Salvatore Di Fazio wrote:
Thank you guys, but I would like to use the standard libraries
Then I suggest you read a good book about Unix programming,
especially about the workings of read(), write() and select(). If
you've understood this doing it with python's read/write/select
will be easy.

Everyone may choose to reinvent the wheel :)

Regards,
Björn

--
BOFH excuse #180:

ether leak

Dec 1 '06 #4

P: n/a
Bjoern Schliessmann wrote:
Salvatore Di Fazio wrote:
Thank you guys, but I would like to use the standard libraries

Then I suggest you read a good book about Unix programming,
especially about the workings of read(), write() and select(). If
you've understood this doing it with python's read/write/select
will be easy.

Everyone may choose to reinvent the wheel :)
Or use Python's standard library features:

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-asyncore.html
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-asynchat.html

I have to confess, however, that I did reinvent the wheel recently
rather than use asyncore, although I may adopt that particular wheel
later on in the project concerned.

Paul

Dec 1 '06 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.